• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Tactics Talk

Fallout

i cant figure out what value emery sees in having 3 CBs. our buildup is quite bad in that formation and it doesnt help us concede fewer goals.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Defence isn't gonna improve until we get players with better athleticism and mobility. Arsenal players must be the easiest bunch I've seen in the premier league to turn and skip past. Their body shape is all wrong when squaring up an attacker. I'm not a coach so I can't explain the technicalities but to my layman's eyes it looks horrendous. Liverpool game exposed those weaknesses in all its glory. Can you show a single defence in the premier league that concedes that Firmino goal? Players diving in, or getting too square, just horrific. Even if you get turned, if you have recovery pace you can salvage the situation. Unfortunately in our defence only Bellerin and Sokratis to some extent have that. Xhaka and Guendouzi have the same problem as well, which is why playing them together without Torreira behind them is a recipe for disaster.

CJJ

Established Member

I like Graham. Always has something fairly relevant to say. Good point about the 4-4-2 diamond formation allthough i don't think its going to happen.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea game was a great victory, but I'd still like us to be more positive in our tactics and selection.

Strange that we asked Ramsey to man-mark/press such an average Jorginho.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chelsea game was a great victory, but I'd still like us to be more positive in our tactics and selection.

Strange that we asked Ramsey to man-mark/press such an average Jorginho.

Average or made average?

I’ve not watched him at all this season. He was very hyped by a lot on here before he came to PL...

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Average or made average?

I’ve not watched him at all this season. He was very hyped by a lot on here before he came to PL...
same, but whenever I've seen him, he doesn't stand out to me.

Suffice to say that he's no Pogba, and we shouldn't have been so scared of him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
same, but whenever I've seen him, he doesn't stand out to me.

Suffice to say that he's no Pogba, and we shouldn't have been so scared of him.

Yeah I thought at most he was a slow Kante but he’s more like an Italian El-Neny

neimad

Clean sheet?
What the hell is a clean sheet?

dzczyu.jpg

:lol::lol:

Never a dull moment that's for sure.

Bergkamp1988

Aside from Kola. What this shows is that Özil has created more chances than Iwobi while having had much less play time.. I'd be curious to know how many minutes of PL each of these two have.. Anyone?

Edit: what this says is that Iwobi is the worst chance creator amongst our attacking midfield, so you could pick Ramsey or Mkhi rather than Özil, but Iwobi is not justified here.. .

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Aside from Kola. What this shows is that Özil has created more chances than Iwobi while having had much less play time.. I'd be curious to know how many minutes of PL each of these two have.. Anyone?

Edit: what this says is that Iwobi is the worst chance creator amongst our attacking midfield, so you could pick Ramsey or Mkhi rather than Özil, but Iwobi is not justified here.. .
In fairness, the main reason that Kolasinac creates as many chances as he does, is because the man playing him in to make those cutbacks is, in fact, Alex Iwobi.

progman07

Established Member
This isn't a surprise since we've changed our entire formation and tactics just to get the best out of a left back of all players.

A team full of number 10s and all our creative play is going through our left back........

Arsenal FC
It's admirable how we manage to drop the 2nd and 3rd most creative players in the squad, and put everything on playing a weird formation with practically two left wingers (hard to call Kola a defender tbh) overlapping, while leaving a gigantic gap behind.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Think this is a good point. Tired of watching Mustafi either playing it back to Leno or punting long into the opposition keeper's hands when being pressed. Even Bellerin is guilty of doing this on occasions.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Playing more usually means their average is true vs playing little means it can be skewed.

Bergkamp1988

In fairness, the main reason that Kolasinac creates as many chances as he does, is because the man playing him in to make those cutbacks is, in fact, Alex Iwobi.

Then he should cut the middle man and start actually creating something directly himself..
I mean, fair enough if he has good chemistry with Kola, play it to him.. I'm sure those are Emery's instructions anyway. But that should come second. Iwobi is our only "creative midfielder / winger" behind LAca - Auba. We ought to expect more from him than a few easy passes for Kola.

Playing more usually means their average is true vs playing little means it can be skewed.

c'mon guys.. your comments are all technically valid. But you're dancing around the hard fact that Iwobi is just not cutting it. If he had those same stats but was playing as an actual winger, and we had an actual #10 playing behind the striker, i'd say "great, we're fine". But, again, Iwobi is supposed to be our main creator and he creates very little. fact.
Thats not even taking a piss at him btw, it's more of a glitch in our tactics. We have 2 fantastic strikers and no one with any special quality to play them in o_O. ...... Well, we actually do have a few, but we're benching them. nice.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

That's hardly surprising given that they play on the same side.

Besides that's Iwobi's only good move. Luckily for him Kola has a good final ball.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom