• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Chelsea | January 19, 2019 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Great performance without the ball not very good on the ball . We were much better on the ball v Sp**s and Liverpool . Not sure we could get away with that level of erratic possession against United .

Playing Mkhi and Iwobi would definitely alleviate that a bit .
I think when you play a high intensity pressing game it kinds becomes hard to bring that energy level down when you do get the ball, and then get it back up again when you lose it. The best teams can do that but we've only just started adopted this approach. Don't think our passing stats against Sp**s was all that great either but we allowed them the least no. of passes per defensive action in the whole season. Emery needs more time to work with this team, and with better players.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think when you play a high intensity pressing game it kinds becomes hard to bring that energy level down when you do get the ball, and then get it back up again when you lose it. The best teams can do that but we've only just started adopted this approach. Don't think our passing stats against Sp**s was all that great either but we allowed them the least no. of passes per defensive action in the whole season. Emery needs more time to work with this team, and with better players.

You are correct , but our passing been below par for a few months now and also in games with slow tempo. We need a few more outlets that are good on the ball would help which is why Unai's looking at Suarez.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great performance without the ball not very good on the ball . We were much better on the ball v Sp**s and Liverpool . Not sure we could get away with that level of erratic possession against United .

great analysis. There is no swagger about us. We need Mesut more than we understand.

Unfortunately, this is a by-product of Wenger's last two seasons. We are so scared of our bad defense that we are going in the other direction and making our whole team defensive.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
great analysis. There is no swagger about us. We need Mesut more than we understand.

Unfortunately, this is a by-product of Wenger's last two seasons. We are so scared of our bad defense that we are going in the other direction and making our whole team defensive.
Yeah Emery's keyword 'Balance' is not a throwaway word. I think he knows it's an issue. Guess we just have to be patient and accept the fact that we're not going to be our old fluid selves straight away.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mkhi is coming back , got a feeling that he might roll Mesut out for the Fa and see how he does there .

Giroud12

What a performance. We kept Hazard quiet and as expected it was a deserved win in the end.

Every player gave 100 % for the first time in a while which was fantastic to see. Kos looked his old self and how Auba, Laca, and Ramsey coordinated their pressing, always chasing the ball and stressing their defenders, was fantastic to see. This is clearly the way Emery wants to play, and without 6 defenders out injured he can play his style. Very impressed by the effort Ramsey puts in, such a player! Could have easily jogged around and being cautious not to get injured before his move to Juve. This is the guy who we should build our team around, this is the guy who should be getting Ozils salary.

Kolasinac very good again, Guendouzi stepped up, and Laca is looking more and more like the complete striker.

Very, very sad to see Bellerin out for the season. Getting top 4 with all these injuries would be impressive, and we must go out and buy a new RB now. Hopefully we stick with a back 4 no matter what.

OSBK

Established Member
Great win. Some best performances in a arsenal shirt, sokratis/kola/guendooooozi. Kos was unreal, sok was just behind. Kola showed he can play in a 4, his power running forward was brilliant. Guendooozi, playing against top midfielders this guy was brilliant. He broke up play, got stuck in and bailed xhaka out when he needed it. Guendoozi has a swagger and arrogance that is refreshing, he shows his passion and him and torreira look top top players.

The front 3 were brilliant. Auba's movement was fantastic, laca hold up and link up reminded me alot of aguero. Ramsey with his energy and pressure and that game showed alot about him as a man. He has a dream move to juve but yet he put everything on the line for his team, fantastic performance.

So gutted about bellerin, really feel emery has him back to his best. Just hope he comes back and we dont rush him.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Excellent performance from us. Gutted for Hector though. We need a proper replacement this window - none of this patch up jobs like putting Mustafi in and neither Licht or Jenko are good enough in the long run.

As an aside if I was a Chelsea fan I would be raging at Giroud. Your team has just lost 2-0 in a derby and you're swanning round at their home ground applauding their fans.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
_105247939_arschexi.png

Look at this crap.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Agreed. We only completed 75 per cent of our passes which is very poor. Toreira only completed 60 per cent. I don`t think we were that good yesterday but the effort and desire was certainly there.

Giroud12

Don't see much wrong with that team in all honesty (on paper anyway not based on yesterday's match). Maybe the two CBs.

Kepa has not shown anything to suggest he´s better than Leno, Bellerin easily over azpi, Sokratis over either CB, and either Auba or Laca over Willian at the wing

Jae

Kepa has not shown anything to suggest he´s better than Leno, Bellerin easily over azpi, Sokratis over either CB, and either Auba or Laca over Willian at the wing

Debatable mate, think they are much of a muchness, although think you'd struggle to tell which one was worth 60m, so I'd give the nod to Leno on that alone.

I think Azpi is a very good player mate. Been great for Chelsea.

I'd rather have all 3 of them in my team.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big games are balanced by fine margins, and goals swing the momentum of belief quite substantially. We played just as well in the first 20 minutes of the game at Stamford Bridge (Auba missed an equally good chance to yesterday) but Chelsea went 2-0 up.

Chelsea made a mistake by not playing a striker regardless of form. Hazard is much less of a threat as a focal point of attack than picking the ball up deeper and unbalancing teams.

Bellerin was excellent. Such a shame as that’s potentially season over. I hope Emery sticks with a back 4 though. We’ve struggled to get the ball out of defence with a 3, and looked much more balanced overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom