• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What do we do at RB?

Bellerin replacement?

• Lichtsteiner at RB

• Maitland-Niles at RB

• Jenkinson at RB

• Other (please state) at RB

• Switch to 5 at the back with with one of the above at wingback

Results are only viewable after voting.

say yes

forum master baiter
Barring a miraculous recovery from Hector, it looks as though we've now lost our RB for the season.

Think it's the worst injury this squad could get given our lack of quality depth there & our reliance on fullbacks for width.

We've obviously already struggled massively without Hector over the past month. Assuming we don't pick up a replacement in the transfer-window, what do you think Emery should do now?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll have to buy RB we need to even with bellerin is fit because no decent backup RB we got Lich is finished Jenko is not good enough only niles can do the job. But for reminder of the season Niles will have to play there it's very decent chance for him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Play Ainsley for Utd.

Then give Jenks a shout. Was he even that bad last time he got games for us consistently? He scored his first goal for us in our last game of the 13/14 season, then what happened to him?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Play Ainsley for Utd.

Then give Jenks a shout. Was he even that bad last time he got games for us consistently? He scored his first goal for us in our last game of the 13/14 season, then what happened to him?

Had a couple of years on loan at West ham. Their fans were keen to sign him after the first year from what I can remember.

This could be a coquelin situation where he comes in from the cold to take advantage of an opportunity. Or not.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Jenkinson had a bit of a run in 16/17, I remember him playing against PSG and looking really out of place.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Play Ainsley for Utd.

Yeah agree , Jenks is decent as a marauding runner. Agree though want to see what Ainsley is like against a team like United .

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
State of the people voting for Jenkinson:lol:

It's going to be AMN there so get used to it.

Preacher

Always Crying
We must make a move and sign new RB.

AMN has the biggest upside, but he isn't really a defender. Also isn't consistent enough. Lichtsteiner is too old. He can't play week in and week out, usually is off the pace. Jenkinson is the past already. He should be playing in the bottom teams of EPL at best.

Preacher

Always Crying
Is there even enough space in the 25 man squad for more than one signing?
We have now 24 players in 25 man squad. 16 of 17 non-HG places are taken. Bramall is taken one of the non-grown places. We need to get rid of him and we will have 2 places for non-HG players - Suarez and new RB.

Reactions: A_G

Aevi

Hale End FC
If we aren't buying, it's time to give Osei-Tutu a go. Not immediately, but slowly start giving him minutes and see what he's making of the opportunity.

Otherwise, I don't really know who's best of AMN, Jenkinson, and Lichtsteiner, I'll leave that to Emery. But they all aren't really up to scratch for various reasons.

neimad

I'd like to see us sign or get a loanee in for right back. Have a feeling Maitland Niles will play there which I'd prefer over Lichsteiner. Just seeing Mustafi's face annoys me at this stage so I hope he's not given time there. We need to stick with 4 at the back and I hope we do.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Loan a RB with an obligation to buy in the summer.

Even if we have to add on 10M to the fee or send a player or two to the selling club

Malky

Established Member
AMN is likely who we'll go with.
But if we were targeting a new RB for the summer window, once Lichtsteiner leaves, we should make that a priority for this window and pray that Kronke puts his hand in his wallet to help us out. A fight for top 4 with our current RB "options" doesn't fill me with much confidence.
People seriously voting for Jenks tho? :lol:

Malky

Established Member
Even if it'll put us in debt (since we have no money to spend) go all in for Wan-Bissaka. English, based in London and has experience of the league - he'll hit the ground running for us. We'll likely miss Bellerin for a large part of next season as well (unless he makes a recovery well ahead of schedule )

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'd give minutes to AMN. He hasn't impressed so far but Lichtsteiner is even worse and at least Ainsley has some potential to get better.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It'll have to be AMN which will bug me a little bit but he can play well there if he applies himself to the role. I'll be happy if he proves to be really good there in the long run, but I'm worried he won't, which will suck for the team and for him IMO.

Jenks hasn't been bad this season but I'd be loathe to rely on him and Lichsteiner shouldn't be near the squad after how poor he's been this season. Osei-Tutu is the only other option I'd entertain seriously and he's very rusty having been injured for a long while then suspended for 3 games for the U23s. Osei-Tutu would make sense though - he's a natural attacking full-back and athletic.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom