• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What do we do at RB?

Bellerin replacement?

• Lichtsteiner at RB

• Maitland-Niles at RB

• Jenkinson at RB

• Other (please state) at RB

• Switch to 5 at the back with with one of the above at wingback

Results are only viewable after voting.

CJJ

Established Member
If we aren't buying a replacement. (Which i reckon we're not going to)
I would be up for giving Licht a final chance as i have such a hard time believing a guy with that kind of experience is incapable of turning it around.
If he still looks like a clueless plonker i'd say we play AMN all games for the experience and try and support him as much as possible.

Then in the summer we go hard for a promising RB that can contest Hector as we can't rely on him coming back to his best.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bring Chambers back as an option? His playing ok as a DM for Fulham...... Lich might be better with a settled CB pairing.
I forgot about Chambers tbh. If we could get him back I think he might turn out the best option at the moment.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Chambers doesn't have a recall option, I believe.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I'd rather Niles than Chambers at RB. Have people forgotten his pace issues and how that Swansea winger tormented him?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd rather Niles than Chambers at RB. Have people forgotten his pace issues and how that Swansea winger tormented him?
You cant hang that around his neck forever. He got done there for more reasons than just not being fast. He got too close, the other guy was quick etc. Lack of experience more than anything.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If we aren't buying a replacement. (Which i reckon we're not going to)
I would be up for giving Licht a final chance as i have such a hard time believing a guy with that kind of experience is incapable of turning it around.
If he still looks like a clueless plonker i'd say we play AMN all games for the experience and try and support him as much as possible.

Then in the summer we go hard for a promising RB that can contest Hector as we can't rely on him coming back to his best.

One of the best right backs of his generation. He hasn't forgotten how to play, that's for sure. The main issue with Lichtsteiner is his legs. I expect he'll get a run out there in certain games, although mainly it will be Maitland-Niles.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
You cant hang that around his neck forever. He got done there for more reasons than just not being fast. He got too close, the other guy was quick etc. Lack of experience more than anything.

He also got no help whatsoever from Chamberlain that day. One of my biggest criticisms of late era Wenger teams tbh. Every man was out for himself most of the time.

You would have one of ours one on one with the opposition and 2 or 3 Arsenal players just standing around watching as if its nothing to do with them.

There is still a bit of that now but less. I would watch us and wonder how can any of these guys be friends off the field? I would hate all of their guts if I was playing and received no help whatsoever and had to watch them make stupid mistake after mistake.

I'm not asking us to become a Mourinho defense first team but too many times under late era Wenger you would see Xhaka (who I have little time for) alone in midfield with 2 or 3 opposition players around him or Bellerin running up the field then losing the ball for the opposition to run into acres of space.

Why was no one covering for him? Why was Bellerin the only one trying to get back to stop a goal? Its not like we were any better for it at the other end of the pitch either.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
This is a situation of what we fans want vs. what we will get. We want a shiny new RB like Wan-Bissaka because our current options don't suffice.

I can assure you that the club thinks we have plenty of depth. One of Lichtsteiner or AMN will play. Guessing the latter.

Bergkamp1988

This is going to be unpopular but.. When Lichtsteiner first played at LB and RB at the beginning of the season, a lot of us here where quite satisfied with his performances.
Although he has been a liability at times (especially when played as a CB in a back 3 btw). To be fair to him, he hasn't had the chance to get into a proper shape / get his head in the game by playing a few in a row.

AMN is kind of decent with a back 5 but it's a horrible formation, and overall, I don't trust him in this position.
I believe vLich still has it in him.. Remember most people had buried Koscielny just a week ago.

say yes

forum master baiter
This is going to be unpopular but.. When Lichtsteiner first played at LB and RB at the beginning of the season, a lot of us here where quite satisfied with his performances.
Although he has been a liability at times (especially when played as a CB in a back 3 btw). To be fair to him, he hasn't had the chance to get into a proper shape / get his head in the game by playing a few in a row.

AMN is kind of decent with a back 5 but it's a horrible formation, and overall, I don't trust him in this position.
I believe vLich still has it in him.. Remember most people had buried Koscielny just a week ago.

Yep I’m nowhere near as down on Lichsteiner as a lot seem to be on here. Will be interesting to see how he does if he’s given a run.

Although I missed the Liverpool game so that might explain it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I hope he doesn’t revert to five at the back, none of our CB’s have looked comfortable at all covering out in wide areas so far.

The main problem is our wingback gets caught out of position and we get shredded on the counter.

I’d go for AMN at fullback, he needs first team minutes to develop and we can play him in a more defensive role than Sead or Monreal on the other side.

Also I’d keep Ramsey till June, start him nominally out wide so we can transition to a 4-4-2 without the ball like we did on Saturday.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Could Mustafi at RB be a shout?

Now, now, hear me out...

He’s played there a few times for Valencia and Germany- and did fairly well. He’s not particularly pacey, but far from a slouch. He could give us extra physicality and aerial presence defending set pieces. And tbh, with the ball at his feet he isn’t actually too bad.

Maybe play him as a more defensive full back, as opposed to Kolasinac who is better going forward- could improve our team shape?

I don’t know, it’s a ****ty situation. Just don’t play a back 3 again. Please.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Could Mustafi at RB be a shout?

Now, now, hear me out...

He’s played there a few times for Valencia and Germany- and did fairly well. He’s not particularly pacey, but far from a slouch. He could give us extra physicality and aerial presence defending set pieces. And tbh, with the ball at his feet he isn’t actually too bad.

Maybe play him as a more defensive full back, as opposed to Kolasinac who is better going forward- could improve our team shape?

I don’t know, it’s a ****ty situation. Just don’t play a back 3 again. Please.

WDU5CdlI1f7cYcFFTxDnAyAE8iursIrViS73BmjE7v4.gif

Top Bottom