• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So Mislintat out and replaced by Cagigao and potentially Monchi coming as the technical director. With Raul and Emery already at the club meaning four Spanish people in high roles at the club with the only player we've been seriously linked to also being Spanish. Anyone else concerned that this could be a bit of a boys club being formed? A potential case of getting guys they can easily work alongside without clashing even if the way they perform their roles aren't to the required level. Bit of cause for concern.
Would you rather we have 4 people who can't agree on a single thing?
Think you're being paranoid. If we get Monchi then i think we're on the right track. Emery needs on team on his page

say yes

forum master baiter
It’s just a rumour at this stage but I don’t understand how people can be upset at losing Sven if we’re getting Monchi.

Monchi’s CV is better in almost every way and he’s already demonstrated he’s much more than just a ‘head scout’ which is apparently what we’re looking for.

Also looks like he showers.

say yes

forum master baiter
Upgrading Sven to Monchi now makes some sense btw.

Wenger would never have accepted Monchi coming in as that would mean giving up far too much influence on the footballing side. So Sven - a great scout - was about the best we could hope for.

However the ‘director of football’ structure is clearly one that this club wants to pivot to and now that Arsène’s gone we can go out and get the best in the business. Lovely stuff from Raul if he pulls it off.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It’s just a rumour at this stage but I don’t understand how people can be upset at losing Sven if we’re getting Monchi.

Monchi’s CV is better in almost every way and he’s already demonstrated he’s much more than just a ‘head scout’ which is apparently what we’re looking for.

Also worked with Emery during his brilliant period at Sevilla on a tight budget. Basically fits us like a glove.

CJJ

Established Member
I'm not sure we're a club that is as okay with letting its big players go, so I'm not sure how this would work here. He's a profit generator, often at the expense of a club's success. The more I think about it, the more I don't like this. Sounds like more of the usual for us, Kroenke will keep making good money.
Its a balance isn't it?
During the transition period that Liverpool just went through they had to give up Suarez and Coutinho which were their best player at that time. The key thing is taking advantage of those bloated sales to buy cheaper quality instead.
So i don't think its true we shouldn't let our big players go, as that's certainly something we'll have to do at some point.
The key thing will be how we replace those players after we sell them.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Rumors Monchi wants Elneny at Roma.

Makes you think.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That do you mean "poor"? It's not like Dortmund have been very successful recently.

Except for one season under Bosz and Stöger they have absolutely overachieved for a decade now, including being the best side in the world for probably around half a season under Klopp, winning 2 titles and several cups with a better Bayern side than Juve ever was during that time, and yet, Juve still walked the league with no effort.

And now, again, Dortmund is currently one of the top 5 sides in Europe based on performance - how do you even compare those two ? Because of 1 semi-final for Roma ? :lol:

Dortmund is the success-story of the last decade. A show case as to how still being able to compete without having much cash to buy big read-made players.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't care who comes in as long as they are a good judge of character and understands balance. That to me is where we have struggled for the last 10-15 years. The analytics available today are staggering, every top team has access to them too so the difference is spotting the things the stats don't tell you.

We need a guy who will say 'I know Mustafi's stats are fantastic but I think he is prone to lapses of concentration and we should pass, besides we already have a front foot defender in Koscielny and would benefit more from a better reader of the game next to him'

We need a guy who will say 'I know Mkhitaryan is cheap and has good pedigree but do we really need another central play maker when we are short of wingers'

We need a guy who will say 'I know Xhaka has fantastic pass completion and was in the Bundesliga team of the year but he has a turning circle of a combine harvester'

teamsoutheast

we seem to be building quite a
Roma fans aren't too pleased with how Monchi has conducted business for them thus far though. He cashed in on Alisson, Nainggolan, and Strootman but hasn't replaced them with effective buys. The players they brought in are good but not great, which sounds awfully familiar.
It's his contacts that are most valuable though. He knows a hell of a lot of scouts so may work well in conjunction with Sanllehi's contacts.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Going all Spanish is kinda interesting. Who knows, but at least there’s a semblance of cohesion there.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And our transformation to becoming the English Sevilla is almost complete! So excited for that!

Monchi coming would be a positive. It means the backroom staff would be on the exact same wave length. He is also very good at selling players, which is something we have been very bad at. The major difference is at Arsenal he would have a much bigger budget to buy players than that of Sevilla and Roma.

We have a lot of selling to do also.

Malky

Established Member
I'm as disappointed as the next fan that we're losing Sven, but I don't see how some are still complaining that we're potentially bringing in Monchi. It makes the most sense from a business and working relationship perspective, we could also do a hell of a lot worse.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Personally not that fussed that he's leaving.

I think if Monchi has a good record of signing young players that essentially get sold later on for massive fees then that can only be a good thing (assuming it gets reinvested).

We ideally want to keep our best players, but Liverpool have sold a few for top dollar over the years and look at them now.
We could get someone like Monchi and actually keep the players loool we dont have to sell. Its just that he was at a more cash strapped side than us previously. Arsenal + a Mislintat/Monchi can work so well considering we have the means to offer our players big contracts and keep them on board (not as much as elite sides, but more so than Roma and Sevilla). Pair that with a new contract negotiator and a better transfer negotiatior and we are golden. Keeping the best players or actually getting money for them if they force moves

However this wishful thinking is exclusively for someone liek Monchi, if we bring a random guy in with no amazing track record I will be worried about how we will bring in top talent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom