• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

How does he recover from this?

Imagine him back in punditry, awkward AF.

If he's as shameless as Gary Neville showing his rat like face back as fast as Valencia were able to get shot of him, he'll be fine.

No one can turn down a cushy punditry job :lol:

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
When fans gloat over the misfortunes of one of their own best-ever players... you know you've got a problem.
I don;t think people are necessarily gloating but since he retired as a player he's had little reason to carry the ego he does. He's in a new game now and one where his past achievements as a player actually mean bugger all. Yet he has pranced around like he IS the next Pep and I think that doesn't sit well with people.
Chose Sky over a role here too. If you look back at his last 3 years as a persona of this sport he has not done himself any favours. Swearing at players, turning his nose up at prospective club offers etc. He's hardly been a class act off the pitch..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yet another example of a great player who thought he could walk into management and be great again. Your playing days do not dictate how you will be as a manager, Wenger was proof of that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don;t think people are necessarily gloating but since he retired as a player he's had little reason to carry the ego he does. He's in a new game now and one where his past achievements as a player actually mean bugger all. Yet he has pranced around like he IS the next Pep and I think that doesn't sit well with people.
Chose Sky over a role here too. If you look back at his last 3 years as a persona of this sport he has not done himself any favours. Swearing at players, turning his nose up at prospective club offers etc. He's hardly been a class act off the pitch..
Yes. But you cannot rewrite history and I would not want it rewritten. He was one of the best players to ever grace our club, he was (mostly) loyal and he gave Arsenal fans many happy moments.

For me, and as an Arsenal fan I appreciate I am slightly biased, his credit of brownie points is almost inexhaustible.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes. But you cannot rewrite history and I would not want it rewritten. He was one of the best players to ever grace our club, he was (mostly) loyal and he gave Arsenal fans many happy moments.

For me, and as an Arsenal fan I appreciate I am slightly biased, his credit of brownie points is almost inexhaustible.
Okay well those of us willing to look at it objectively are not going to fawn over his recent antics as pundit/manager based on the past. Nobody is taking away what he achieved for us but that in no way means we should overlook his current failures.
Merit where it is due and it is currently not due.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Okay well those of us willing to look at it objectively are not going to fawn over his recent antics as pundit/manager based on the past. Nobody is taking away what he achieved for us but that in no way means we should overlook his current failures.
Merit where it is due and it is currently not due.
There you are you see, a bit too much eagerness to put the boot in prematurely. Even Ferguson had his time with East Stirling.

No-one would say you are fawning over your kids or your parents even when their antics are questionable. Arsenal is family.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There you are you see, a bit too much eagerness to put the boot in prematurely. Even Ferguson had his time with East Stirling.

No-one would say you are fawning over your kids or your parents even when their antics are questionable. Arsenal is family.
What is it with you and the rest of the forum that you either have to be ice cold or boiling hot? There is an inbetween here..
One where you recognise Henry for the great player he was and also see him for the egotistical proven nothing yet manager he is.
In what way has anyone put the boot in. He's not covered himself in any glory here.
You're literally asking people to ignore the recent news simply because he played for us.

Also, he didn't treat us like family when he had the sky job. No, no, the position we offered was just not good enough.
Great player but currently a sh!t person with an attitude problem and I won't be dressing that up any differently until he changes it. This is football.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Mostly loyal yet chose the money of a Sky pundit over coaching our youth team? Wenger offered Henry the best environment to learn how to be a manager, equivalent environment to where Zidane, Pep, learnt how to be manager. Yet he thought he was too big to be our youth manager.

Yeah we can talk about his "credit of brownie points" but how many points did he achieve as manager prior to talking over the Monaco job? The bottom line really is everything indicates Henry has the worst temperament to be a good manager. He was eager to throw his own players under the bus, either attacking them or bragging about his steps to root out all the weak links. If you are a Henry fan you should know even back in his playing days he always had a big ego. Remember the glares he gave when he didn't get the correct ball from Reyes? It was always going to be difficult for someone with such an ego to succeed as a manager.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It's funny how in France the general opinion has changed about Henry.
He is a legend of the french NT so he was really loved.

But since he's been Monaco coach, he's been so arrogant and acting like he was the real deal, that the general opinion has changed and people are happy to see him get sacked :lol:

I don't think he will recover from this as a coach.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mostly loyal yet chose the money of a Sky pundit over coaching our youth team? Wenger offered Henry the best environment to learn how to be a manager, equivalent environment to where Zidane, Pep, learnt how to be manager. Yet he thought he was too big to be our youth manager.

Yeah we can talk about his "credit of brownie points" but how many points did he achieve as manager prior to talking over the Monaco job? The bottom line really is everything indicates Henry has the worst temperament to be a good manager. He was eager to throw his own players under the bus, either attacking them or bragging about his steps to root out all the weak links. If you are a Henry fan you should know even back in his playing days he always had a big ego. Remember the glares he gave when he didn't get the correct ball from Reyes? It was always going to be difficult for someone with such an ego to succeed as a manager.
228 goals.

I am an Arsenal fan, not an Henry fan which is why frankly I don't give a good god damn about Monaco.

I remember the glare. Do you remember the goal against Manu? The backheel between the legs of the Charlton defender who was holding him? The solo goal against Sp**s? The goal against Real Madrid which won the game at the Bernabeu? The hat-trick against Milan? The trophies we won with a team where he was clearly the best player in a great team with a great manager?

And you think I should knock him because he's been a naughty boy at Monaco? Not me, I'm Arsenal.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And you think I should knock him because he's been a naughty boy at Monaco? Not me, I'm Arsenal.
What the F**k does calling it how it is have to do with not supporting Arsenal.
None of those goals matter when looking at his managerial career.
Do you go "nah, I'm Arsenal" when Paul Merson is ripping this club to shreds?
Do you say "Nah, I'm Arsenal" when Stan Kroenke is siphoning millions out of the club?
Thought we was all family here? Ridiculous logic

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
gbk4Vi0.jpg

carlito'sway

Established Member

But since he's been Monaco coach, he's been so arrogant and acting like he was the real deal, that the general opinion has changed and people are happy to see him get sacked :lol:

I don't think he will recover from this as a coach.

I concur. Whispers from Monaco the last few weeks were that Henry lost the team a while ago. Apparently he was arrogant and abrasive with the players and his message didn't go through. Senior players went to upper management to raise that matter
Tactically he didn't seem to get it either. His teams selections and line ups were all over the map. I hope he will learn from this fiasco.

scytheavatar

Established Member
228 goals.

I am an Arsenal fan, not an Henry fan which is why frankly I don't give a good god damn about Monaco.

I remember the glare. Do you remember the goal against Manu? The backheel between the legs of the Charlton defender who was holding him? The solo goal against Sp**s? The goal against Real Madrid which won the game at the Bernabeu? The hat-trick against Milan? The trophies we won with a team where he was clearly the best player in a great team with a great manager?

It's not about "knocking" Henry up, it's about you being unreasonable if you think Henry can't be criticized for his performance as manager due to his achievements as Arsenal player. Everything indicates that Henry has been a poor manager and don't have what it takes to be a good manager. Sticking your head in the sand and wearing rose tinted glasses is not going to help Henry. In the first place it is rare for a top class player to end up becoming a top class manager, your Zidane and Pep are rare exceptions rather than the norm. Managers like Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho were all nobodies in their playing days. The skills and attributes necessary to be a good athlete is just too vastly different from those necessary to be a good coach. Now Henry still could have become a good manager had he taken his time to learn how to be one, like Vieira did. Instead he chose to be arrogant and think he can become a better manager than Jardim. In his first job.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

I thought it was quite the opposite, and there was an article and podcast by Philippe Auclair on how Henry is seen as a somewhat foreigner in France, despite his contributions to NT.

This was mostly due to the fact that Henry, as the most senior player, completely folded and did nothing to prevent/stop the shameful rebellion antics of Evra in South Africa 2010. His handball cheating vs. Ireland also contributed to this beforehand.

Those were reasons why Henry rarely made appearances in French media.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I thought it was quite the opposite, and there was an article and podcast by Philippe Auclair on how Henry is seen as a somewhat foreigner in France, despite his contributions to NT.

This was mostly due to the fact that Henry, as the most senior player, completely folded and did nothing to prevent/stop the shameful rebellion antics of Evra in South Africa 2010. His handball cheating vs. Ireland also contributed to this beforehand.

Those were reasons why Henry rarely made appearances in French media.

I think he has a bit exaggerated.
The general opinion has forgiven Henry for the South Africa disaster and he was respected and loved.

Our sports media are ****. The most famous ones, RMC & l'Equipe are not better than the tabloids you have in England (except they have more accurate transfer news).
They're always looking to create a huge buzz out of nothing, especially with our star players because it sells more.
That's why Henry (and other players) avoid our medias so much.

We also have a different treatment about football players too. (in a bad way).
There's a lot of comptent towards them by mainstream medias.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** Monaco. Pissy little club, zero true fans and built on top of a glorified Westfield. I hope they fall off the edge of the football map, and I'm glad Henry had a hand in that if it happens.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts

Top Bottom