• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Lingard is so ugly. He looks like Voldemort if the transformation in the Goblet of Fire had gone wrong. He's offensive.

I think this post is hilarious and underrated.

Regarding the game:
I only watched the second half cause I was watching the Norway - Germany handball WC semi final before that, but one thing was clear to me: One team on that pitch was enjoying themselves and playing football, the other did not.

Solskjaer is surely no tactical mastermind or super coach, but he managed to take the shackles off that United team and make them enjoy playing again and thus got them to express themselves - and it's done them a world of good.
Maybe before trying to subjugate the squad and force them into a tight whatever construct, Emery should have looked at an alike solution. Get them players their confidence back, make them enjoy themselves and playing again and then work off the back of that on your detailed plans. Sometimes getting the basics right is more important than a super intense approach. This Arsenal team has its fair share of ballers, but no one seems to really enjoy playing.

blaze_of_glory

Regarding the game:
I only watched the second half cause I was watching the Norway - Germany handball WC semi final before that, but one thing was clear to me: One team on that pitch was enjoying themselves and playing football, the other did not.

Solskjaer is surely no tactical mastermind or super coach, but he managed to take the shackles off that United team and make them enjoy playing again and thus got them to express themselves - and it's done them a world of good.
Maybe before trying to subjugate the squad and froce them into a tight whatever construct, Emery should have looked at an alike solution. Get them players their confidence back, make them enjoy themselves and playing again and then work off the back of that on your detailed plans. Sometimes getting the basics right is more important than a super intense approach. This Arsenal team has its fair share of ballers, but no one seems to really enjoy playing.
Emery should take a page from Ole and let the old master actually make all the decisions from behind the scenes ;)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Regarding the game:

Maybe before trying to subjugate the squad and force them into a tight whatever construct, Emery should have looked at an alike solution. Get them players their confidence back, make them enjoy themselves and playing again and then work off the back of that on your detailed plans. Sometimes getting the basics right is more important than a super intense approach. This Arsenal team has its fair share of ballers, but no one seems to really enjoy playing.
Ole will get found out soon letting players enjoy themselves won't last long it only need one damaging lose to destroy that all

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I hate losing any game and especially hate losing to United (Sp**s aside, of course), but at least this is one less thing to have to worry about with the continuing injury crisis and the difficulty in bringing in players this month. The FA Cup is a special competition for Arsenal, but the full focus can now be on the race for the top 4 and the Europa League. C'est la vie.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didn't see any mistakes in his game.
Just seen the highlights and for the second goal he’s running back watching the ball intstead keeping his eye on Lingard. He’s in no mans land marking nobody.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I apologise for my actions, just need to get to make sure everyone hates Lingard as much as I do.
I think he's done that by himself:lol: Even before this little streak he's on, he was an insufferable little jumped up prick. Genuinely hope that when Mustafi tries to tackle Rashford in the league game, he misses him and takes Lingard out instead.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I hate losing any game and especially hate losing to United (Sp**s aside, of course), but at least this is one less thing to have to worry about with the continuing injury crisis and the difficulty in bringing in players this month. The FA Cup is a special competition for Arsenal, but the full focus can now be on the race for the top 4 and the Europa League. C'est la vie.
Top poster, always looking at the positive instead of moaning.;)

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Ijn

Only manutd fans like lingard other fans would be delighted to punch him
I don't laugh out loud at many posts. I'd say probably 10 have made me genuinely laugh. At least 9 of them are by Yousif:lol: His violence and way with words is a wonderful combination.

gokhan

Honestly can’t wait for a real team to smash this average United to bits even with no proper cbs we outplayed them but just woeful decisions and lack of direct play cost us

Cech gifted them game with his 2 poor attempts at a save , least merry went out a legend , this punk will post on Twitter about learning from his mistakes , joke of a keeper at this level now

As for shackles agree that unai need to give up his stupid plays for some good old direct play , it’s infuriating watching players whom give up cause they just passing sideways

No one shoot or delivered any credible crosses

Only time we did we scored

Man City or Liverpool would have torn this average united side apart yet here we are being made a laughing stock by Jesse and crew

Banter era hasn’t left it seems

Players need to take some professional pride and not let these types of teams embarrass them like this

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ole will get found out soon letting players enjoy themselves won't last long it only need one damaging lose to destroy that all

Don't think that will happen. One more loss will only do them so much damage, he's only there for so long and everyone knows he's not a top coach. There's really nothing to be found out about him or that team - he's given a damaged squad the only option of just playing and it's at least woken their spirits again, even if they will loose a game again or finish the season badly.

The best he could do was what he actually did by just letting them play. I'm just saying sometimes that's a very neat approach and giving back the joy of playing to players sometimes does the trick or can at least be the start of something. Whoever follows him in the summer, they will find a squad at their disposal that might not be tactically top notch, but who at least knows it's got what it takes to play the game and make something of it.

Contrary to that, the Arsenal team I saw tonight is miserable. They look exactly like a team that doesn't enjoy going out on the pitch, that doesn't know what it's doing and that's either not understanding what the manager wants or wavering in their ability to pull it off. Notwithstanding transfers, that's ****e management.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We need to look to our own performance and our own players and discuss what went wrong.

Trying to mock Lingard by talking about his looks is just embarrassing. This is football forum ffs.

gokhan

Don't think that will happen. One more loss will only do them so much damage, he's only there for so long and everyone knows he's not a top coach. There's really nothing to be found out about him or that team - he's given a damaged squad the only option of just playing and it's at least woken their spirits again, even if they will loose a game again or finish the season badly.

The best he could do was what he actually did by just letting them play. I'm just saying sometimes that's a very neat approach and giving back the joy of playing to players sometimes does the trick or can at least be the start of something. Whoever follows him in the summer, they will find a squad at their disposal that might not be tactically top notch, but who at least knows it's got what it takes to play the game and make something of it.

Contrary to that, the Arsenal team is saw tonight is miserable. They look exactly like a team taht doesn't enjoy going out on the pitch, that doesn't know what it's doing and that's either not understanding what the manager wants or wavering in their ability to pull it off. Notwithstanding transfers, that's ****e management.

Think your spot on , ole used old tactics of ruff arsenal boys up , let them have ball and defend whilst you just play , hitting on and it worked with Cech help

Unai got tactically out thought by a rookie , his hand was tied by injuries but no change in shape or game plan bar Özil who was always gonna find it hard without backup from attackers is again a bad call from this alleged master planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom