• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
bar Özil who was always gonna find it hard without backup from attackers

****ing telltale sign someone's got it wrong. You've got one of the most creative players in the game out there and you cannot make your team create enough movement for him to pick a pass. Also getting sick of Guendouzi who has been the heart of Arsenal from the moment I turned on the game. Every move went through him and he slowed it down and ****ed it up. The guy has no right to be anywhere close to starting or even being the conductor of this team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
****ing telltale sign someone's got it wrong. You've got one of the most creative players in the game out there and you cannot make your team create enough movement for him to pick a pass. Also getting sick of Guendouzi who has been the heart of Arsenal from the moment I turned on the game. Every move went through him and he slowed it down and ****ed it up. The guy has no right to be anywhere close to starting or even being the conductor of this team.
Özil and Guendouzi both came on together. One, a 29 year old world up winning, world class No.10, the other, a 19 year old rookie from france. Özil had ZERO influence on the game and if anything was far more guilty of 'slowing it down' , while Guendouzi was at the very least as meh, and that's being kind. So you make excuses for Özil doing nothing, but Guendouzi's performance sickened you? :lol:

Plutarch

A better keeper might have done better with all three goals. Leno wouldn't have let in all three. We misplaced many passes. Our attacking play continually broke down around their penalty box and we didn't seem to have much idea how to convert pressure into chances. When we did get in dangerous positions our playes either hesitated too long or made the wrong decision. No point bringing Özil on if no one's going to make a run to receive a pass from him. At 2-1 in the second half, did anyone doubt United were going to score a third on a breakaway? You could see it coming. It's been happening for a decade and we still fall for it.

The more I reflect on that performance the worse it seems. It's true we were badly disrupted by injuries to both out centre backs, but there were plenty of things wrong with us.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Played well enough, I suppose.

Should have won the game in the first half, but we actually conceded twice.

Ashybashy86

I hate how we lose or draw to this lot at OT like it's written in stone, but it's no problem for them at The Emirates. I think they'll finish above us, so hope they get knocked out of the cup. Can't stand the thought of them winning a trophy as well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be fair to myself I use losses as a way to bring out my anti-player agendas rather than turning on the manager.
£468m squad with their three best defenders out against a £768m squad . . . and people are blaming our manager. It’s ridiculous. The odds were very much against him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Told you... Man U is finishing 4th even 3rd ... they are so much better team with a new manager... even resembling Ferguson time.

Emery is never going to make us look like that, He is not the manager for us, Arteta would be doing it better, He loves Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
£468m squad with their three best defenders out against a £768m squad . . . and people are blaming our manager. It’s ridiculous. The odds were very much against him.

Only thing stranger than the fact that we spent 468m on these players it that they spend 768 on those ones! Both teams built sub-par squads for a lot of money.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Told you... Man U is finishing 4th even 3rd ... they are so much better team with a new manager... even resembling Ferguson time.

Emery is never going to make us look like that, He is not the manager for us, Arteta would be doing it better, He loves Arsenal.

They really weren't impressive at all, we were all over them then Sokratis went down and Mustafi came on and well you can tell what happens after. Not to mention we seem to have some sort for inferiority complex with it comes to United, even when they're dogshit we still find a way to lose.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

With 16 games to go, we'll have to see about that.

They have the momentum, but as we have seen before it can erode quickly.

Its up to Emery to put together what works, for what is going to be a dash to the finish. I think we can still finish ahead of both United and Chelsea this year.

As for your Arteta comment, I think the less said there... the better.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Emery is having exactly the same problems that Wenger had. And he’s starting to get the same type of critisisms . . selection, tactics etc.

But what is the common denominator here? Oh, they’re both working with only a £428m squad and host of injuries.

The problem is that our fans have never heard of Occam’s razor and are too keen to pretend they’re footballing experts. Oh, and have no patience.

yorch44

With 16 games to go, we'll have to see about that.

They have the momentum, but as we have seen before it can erode quickly.

Its up to Emery to put together what works, for what is going to be a dash to the finish. I think we can still finish ahead of both United and Chelsea this year.

As for your Arteta comment, I think the less said there... the better.
Emery is more worried about how to punish Özil to make a statement of his own power at the club.

It’s so difficult to trust your players and look for a positive vibe ? Play 4-3-1-2 ... let Mesut as a free role creating ... Auba and Laca are very good pressing and recovering balls... don’t waste your 10 doing that. If we have no wingers then put your 3 midfield and ask them to do the dirty job.

yorch44

Emery is having exactly the same problems that Wenger had. And he’s starting to get the same type of critisisms . . selection, tactics etc.

But what is the common denominator here? Oh, they’re both working with only a £428m squad and host of injuries.

The problem is that our fans have never heard of Occam’s razor and are too keen to pretend they’re footballing experts. Oh, and have no patience.
Sure... we have no patience... you know since 2004... no PL but man we have no patience.

How do you know I have not acknowledge of football?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It’s really not that big a deal, it just feels much worse than it is. I mean ffs we were drawn against sp*rs in the league cup and forced to care about that when we didn’t want to, and then drawn against Utd in the 4th round of the fa cup and forced to care about it when we didn’t want to.

If we had just fielded a team of kids and gone out to West Brom or someone nobody would really care. We’d just shrug and rightly say that we have other priorities this year than the cups. It’s just a psychological cloud you have to shake off. Lingard can’t hurt you if you choose not to believe in him.

The injuries though, that’s actually serious. I firmly believe that our squad could theoretically achieve the goals of top 4 or Europa League, but I don’t think our squad with this many injuries is able to. Unless we somehow get 2-3 loan signings who all play unbelievably well I think we’ll fall short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom