• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's funny how in France the general opinion has changed about Henry.
He is a legend of the french NT so he was really loved.

But since he's been Monaco coach, he's been so arrogant and acting like he was the real deal, that the general opinion has changed and people are happy to see him get sacked :lol:

I don't think he will recover from this as a coach.
It's not surprising though, is it? Just like the british media or people have apparently got a penchant for whatever particular type of unsavouriness it is that's on the menu on any given day, the French are notorious for flip-flopping and U-turns. They were always going to create a montrous cvnt out of him if he failed, because it what they're best at doing.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It's not surprising though, is it? Just like the british media or people have apparently got a penchant for whatever particular type of unsavouriness it is that's on the menu on any given day, the French are notorious for flip-flopping and U-turns. They were always going to create a montrous cvnt out of him if he failed, because it what they're best at doing.

I can't disagree with you :lol:
Especially with successful people.

But I also think Henry could have done much better if he hasn't been that arrogant in front of the media & his players.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can't disagree with you :lol:
Especially with successful people.

But I also think Henry could have done much better if he hasn't been arrogant in front of the media & his players.
For what it's worth, I didn't think he'd be an instant hit in management because I think someone with an ego like his needs a few humblings before he can put his knowledge to good use. He may never be able do that, but I wont write him off just yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Henry should take a job with club with not much pressure and can build himself as manager. Monaco were s**t not quality squad and in trouble it was always bad choice

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
What the F**k does calling it how it is have to do with not supporting Arsenal.
None of those goals matter when looking at his managerial career.
Do you go "nah, I'm Arsenal" when Paul Merson is ripping this club to shreds?
Do you say "Nah, I'm Arsenal" when Stan Kroenke is siphoning millions out of the club?
Thought we was all family here? Ridiculous logic
It means we support our own. To equate Henry's actions at Monaco with Kronke's siphoning of millions from Arsenal or Merson's ripping Arsenal to shreds (and I think Merson actually does feel for the Arsenal, he's just thick) is not to understand this.

To balance what Henry did for the Arsenal as a player with what he has done as a manager at Monaco might be ok for some two-penny tv pundit looking for a lazy story, not for an Arsenal fan.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To balance what Henry did for the Arsenal as a player with what he has done as a manager at Monaco might be ok for some two-penny tv pundit looking for a lazy story, not for an Arsenal fan.
Exactly what has Henry done atg Monaco and why should that matter to me. I can respect the man for what he was here while also seeing him for what he is now.
Just because you have the wool firmly p[ulled over your eyes and you're willing to idolise him no matter what a **** he has become doesn;t mean the rest of us do. You don't speak for all of Arsenal fans buddy! There are a sh!t ton of us around the world and we all have different views and opinions. Now get off your high horse because nobody even cares!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Exactly what has Henry done atg Monaco and why should that matter to me. I can respect the man for what he was here while also seeing him for what he is now.
Just because you have the wool firmly p[ulled over your eyes and you're willing to idolise him no matter what a **** he has become doesn;t mean the rest of us do. You don't speak for all of Arsenal fans buddy! There are a sh!t ton of us around the world and we all have different views and opinions. Now get off your high horse because nobody even cares!
Blimey! You seem to care enough to revive an ancient thread!

Take a chill pill but you ain't speaking for anyone other than yourself either holly!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner Basically what we said :lol:
He should have stayed coaching the U18s for a hot minute. The Monaco job was way too big and too stressful for him. He called up a number of young players to the team which was a positive but I don't think he had the temperament to put them in the team and have everything running smooth. He wasn't the guy for that time. Truthfully, Jardim never should have been sacked. I hope Henry does return to management to be honest, but first he needs to coach in a less pressured environment first- go back to coaching the youth first.

It's crazy because his giant ambition (as with a couple former Invincibles) is that he wants to manage Arsenal in the future. Interestingly, the one who seems best placed to take up the mantle of all the former players vying for the potential opportunity is Freddie Ljungberg, a similarly ambitious man who is quite happy to work hard and pay his dues coaching our youth teams (U15s and now U23s) and is doing a good job both individually and recently for the team in general.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure how Chris Armas, the current manager of the New York Red Bulls, feels about this, but if Thierry Henry really wants to be a manager this is the sort of job he should have started with in the first place.

And an interesting point...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He should learn from his captain who’s going on about his business quietly at Nice.

I was thinking earlier that maybe this is kind of a do-over for him and he's decided to take the Vieira path from the other New York team back to Europe. Vieira is now being mentioned as a favorite to take over at Lyon, which is a pretty big job. But he worked hard and laid the groundwork to get there. Henry expected to start out in a big job. Maybe the experience at Monaco humbled him a little bit.

Top Bottom