• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gary Cahill

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
With Holding out for the season, Sokratis out for a month and Koscielny with a dodgy face, Arsenal needs somebody. If anyone would rather have Xhaka playing center back than Gary Cahill, alright then.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Rather just go back in for Jonny Evans.

Only played 11 games all season for Leicester... Maybe a deal to be made that gives them profit on the free transfer but still value for us.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure why people think Gary Cahill is so awful. He was a key player for Chelsea last season. He became the odd man out when Sarri came in and switched to a back 4, but he hasn't fallen off the face of the Earth. He's actually younger than Koscielny. He's been quite good for Chelsea this year in the Europa League. Here are the analytics for his last 1,000 minutes in the Premier League:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-27-at-10-56-56-AM.png

He actually grades out better than Koscielny.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-27-at-11-03-45-AM.png

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The analytics are one thing but the eye test says Cahill is no great shakes. Would take him on loan out of desperation though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why people think Gary Cahill is so awful. He was a key player for Chelsea last season. He became the odd man out when Sarri came in and switched to a back 4, but he hasn't fallen off the face of the Earth. He's actually younger than Koscielny. He's been quite good for Chelsea this year in the Europa League. Here are the analytics for his last 1,000 minutes in the Premier League:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-27-at-10-56-56-AM.png

He actually grades out better than Koscielny.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-27-at-11-03-45-AM.png

One of the mods needs to change your custom tag to “Loves a chart”. @American_Gooner

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
One of the mods needs to change your custom tag to “Loves a chart”. @American_Gooner

Oddly enough, I was accused the other day of not understanding there is such a thing as analytics (because I don't think video games are the best way to judge a player's skill level).

In truth, I haven't been too interested in the charts since The Beatles broke up. But hey, OptaStats comes in handy sometimes. :D

Leeroy1979

He will do us a solid job which we need right now. The alternatives are xhaka/Montreal/lchtsteiner at cb with mustafi or mavropanos (if he becomes the star people think he may become- the jury is still out for me)

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Wonder if we can't get anybody for CB if we'll just play Pleguezuelo? Apparently Ljunberg is pushing for a contract renewal and Emery seems to be a fan behind the scenes.

Top Bottom