• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we'll bring in a defender this window, but it worried me that he mentioned the future as if he's happy with the defenders we have. :lol:
I don't think he is happy but we clearly we have to get rid of at least 1 CB before buying currently we have 5

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't think he is happy but we clearly we have to get rid of at least 1 CB before buying currently we have 5

6 if you count Chambers, I have said for a while we need to shift at least a couple out (permanently) before adding a central defender.

In my dreams I'd like us to shift Kos, Mustafi and Chambers and bring in a couple this summer.

pikey2000

I don't read much into that other than him saying if we bring in another CB now we will have too many as when all players are fit they all want to play and we can't fit them all in.

Makes sense given the fact Kos and Sokratis injuries are short term and we have Mavropanos and Mustafi in reserve.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a huge summer for us going by the fact we are only doing loan business in this window.

Cech retires, Ramsey leaving, Welbeck out of contract, need to replace those players and then we need a backup RB, LB ideally a starting CB and a winger!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't read much into that other than him saying if we bring in another CB now we will have too many as when all players are fit they all want to play and we can't fit them all in.

Makes sense given the fact Kos and Sokratis injuries are short term and we have Mavropanos and Mustafi in reserve.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a huge summer for us going by the fact we are only doing loan business in this window.

Cech retires, Ramsey leaving, Welbeck out of contract, need to replace those players and then we need a backup RB, LB ideally a starting CB and a winger!

A backup RB is probably dependant on how AMN gets on between now and the end of the season. He doesn’t seem to have a future in midfield at the minute so RB might become his position.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I thought we would be a little more proactive but guess no money just killing us.

Lots of average CBs but few good enough, we need a left back to play in a four & really a right back to play the next 15 league games + into next season. Our defence is poor when all available let alone now.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Think we'll leave a LB until the following summer and get by with Nacho/Kola. Unless they decide to replace Kola this summer who, despite becoming a bit of a cult hero, probably isn't the long term solution.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Width is what our team is lacking so what emery doing is right buy Perisic and Suarez and just out scoring teams

LeafsBro

Width is what our team is lacking so what emery doing is right buy Perisic and Suarez and just out scoring teams

This. There’s no sense in buying more defenders because we’re not short even though the quality might not be ideal. We genuinely lack depth out wide so it makes sense to buy wingers right now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

If the saying changes to "4-3 to The Arsenal" for awhile, so be it just as long as they're picking up three points. It's hard to get defenders right now. Improve the squad where you can and focus on defenders in the summer if need be.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
on Ivan Perisic and whether we’ve made an approach…
It’s one thing the club is working on, the possibility with different players. I don’t know exactly which players, but it’s players with the possibility to help us who can play on the wing, right or left.

on how many players he hopes to sign before the end of the week…
Nil or possibly two. Between nil and two. If they aren’t coming to help us like we want, then we would prefer them to not come. Two because we are looking at two different players who have the possibility to come here.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/new-signings-therell-be-between-nil-and-two

Seems like it’s Suarez and Perisic we’re focussing on.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Emery's talking rubbish. Buying a solid CB and then the rest of the injuries healing would mean that Mustafi immediately sits the bench to never see the pitch again. Also, it's a big IF that all of our defenders would become fit after buying/loaning one this window. Bellerin is out until next season starts anyway. We still haven't addressed that issue. Smh.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Think we'll leave a LB until the following summer and get by with Nacho/Kola. Unless they decide to replace Kola this summer who, despite becoming a bit of a cult hero, probably isn't the long term solution.

I think it's much more likely that Nacho moves on due to his age (33 next month) and the fact that the only reason his contract won't be expiring is Arsenal's option to extend it for another year (which reportedly they recently did). He's been said to want to go home and play for Real Sociedad, so I'm kind of expecting that in the summer. Kolascinac is still under contract until 2022 and has been more in Emery's plans than Nacho anyway. Completely agree they'll not be too focused on LB though. I expect them to be more focused on a center back and someone to cover for Bellerin. Maybe a prospect or a short-term veteran backup if necessary.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I can only vote for one on that poll. Shambles again.

EDIT: Oh, it's Aevius' poll. I'll let him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom