• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aissa Mandi

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Very good passer apparently.

Was just looking at his OptaPro analytics. His distribution numbers are very high.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-22-at-11-54-22-AM.png

I've seen him play, of course, but haven't watched him closely enough to have formed a particular opinion. But as I like to say, I'm not a scout anyway and don't pretend to be one on the internet. So if Emery wants this guy, that's good enough for me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I dont want Mandi. Please dont sign any 'maybe' players at CB. Lets just sign the sure thing and be done with that position for the foreseeable future. Rather than finding ourselves in the same position again in 2 years after having a shocking defence again

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont want Mandi. Please dont sign any 'maybe' players at CB. Lets just sign the sure thing and be done with that position for the foreseeable future. Rather than finding ourselves in the same position again in 2 years after having a shocking defence again

Van Dijk was once a maybe player, as was Koscienly.

Is a ‘sure thing’ at centre back really within our budget?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Funny thing, I remember well when Arsenal was linked with Van Dijk in 2015. He was openly excited about possibly moving to Arsenal. But fan reaction to the possibility was quite mixed. A lot of people thought he must not be that good if he played for Celtic in an inferior league. In fact (and I won't call anyone out on this) there are several who still post here regularly who did not want him when he was linked from Southampton in 2017.

Of course as we know now from Celtic assistant coach John Collins, Arsenal turned down the opportunity to sign him in '15 because they thought he was too "nonchalant."

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Who's a 'sure thing' CB we could sign?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Who's a 'sure thing' CB we could sign?
I dont get paid to know the availability or price of good CBs but there are some out there, I'm so sick of signing average defenders. With positions like attack or even midfield you can find gems but at CB we need a dominant experienced player

Malky

Established Member
Funny thing, I remember well when Arsenal was linked with Van Dijk in 2015. He was openly excited about possibly moving to Arsenal. But fan reaction to the possibility was quite mixed. A lot of people thought he must not be that good if he played for Celtic in an inferior league. In fact (and I won't call anyone out on this) there are several who still post here regularly who did not want him when he was linked from Southampton in 2017.

Of course as we know now from Celtic assistant coach John Collins, Arsenal turned down the opportunity to sign him in '15 because they thought he was too "nonchalant."
Then we went on and signed Gabriel instead. :lol:

Think any CB we sign will be a risk, unless we get a huge transfer budget in the summer and sign someone with the quality of De Ligt or Koulibaly

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I didnt say we need a VVD quality signing though. Just not another player in the 20-30m range who is actually a big risk at that price. You end up shelling big money for someone who sits on that wage and doesnt add enough, we have experienced this issue enough times

Id happily have CB as our only 'major' signing this summer as long as theyre good

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Initial loan, with a view to making it permanent in the summer according to the article quoted

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would fit in well being undersized for the position & right footed.

Let me guess he is also a bit **** at defending?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would fit in well being undersized for the position & right footed.

Let me guess he is also a bit **** at defending?

No idea on the player whatsoever, but "undersized" is a bit harsh considering he's 1.85m and with it 1cm taller than Sergio Ramos, which, as I can remember, has been considered best CB in the world by a lot of people over the last years.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom