• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

I gotta say though, and this is not having a go at Carl himself, but it's weird that Jenko gets so much love purely for being a lifelong Gooner, whereas Iwobi's also a lifelong Gooner and a far better footballer than Jenko is yet doesn't get anywhere near as much love. It's kinda strange.

Jenko only plays when a pig flies past the blue moon, whereas Iwobi is starting.

It’s easy to show love for a player who is so clearly not good enough who never plays than it is for a player who play nearly every game yet isn’t better than other options.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I gotta say though, and this is not having a go at Carl himself, but it's weird that Jenko gets so much love purely for being a lifelong Gooner, whereas Iwobi's also a lifelong Gooner and a far better footballer than Jenko is yet doesn't get anywhere near as much love. It's kinda strange.

A lot of fans see themselves in Jenko. People either love someone they can relate to like Jenkinson or someone they wish they could be like Ronaldo.

Jenkinson is nowhere near good enough but he tries and loves the club. Fans watch him and think to themselves "If I was in the Arsenal team I would be Carl Jenkinson because I'd wear my heart on my sleeve and give everything for the shirt by running all day". He's regarded as more of a fan who won the lottery than a member of the team. Never mind that despite how poor he is he has more football ability in his left toe than all the fans have in their entire body.

Iwobi is too good to be completely relatable to the average fan and isn't someone who is good enough for the fans to look up to.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jenko was OK yesterday. Some good crosses and a lot better than Lichsteiner. Emery is seeing him in training, so happy to go along with his judgement. Stick or twist. He’s had a lot of injury time.

No hate for the lad. He was meant to be part of a group of 5 young core British players Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Jenks, to take us on to glory. And then Welbeck joined, another Brit. Between them all they cost us next to nothing really and Wenger got the best out of them. But sadly they had bodies made of paper. Always injured when we came to a crunch part of the season.

And where are they now? Ox injured, Wilshere injured, Welbeck injured, Walcott at Everton, getting subbed a lot and scoring only 2 or 3 goals in half a season, Ramsey doing OK on the injury front but that’s because his minutes on the pitch has been restricted ready for a sale.

Wenger was unlucky, Sp**s have a few British players and they play them over and over and over they’re hardly ever injured.

We needed more players like Xhaka, Wenger and now Emery just keep playing the guy and he never folds.

Perhaps Wenger’s biggest weakness, persevering with players that couldn’t hack the cut and thrust of the Prem. Don’t even start with Diaby . . Wenger thought he had Vieira MkII and he couldn’t let it go.

blaise

Cant be worse than Lich, he ll get his chance soon and he could even keep his place if Sokratis plays the CB next to him and his winger does his defensive shift.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

After a nuclear holocaust the only things that'll remain are cockroaches and Carl Jenkinson. Expect him to be given a new contract after a run of *decent* performances.

ptrcopp

He’s a similar type of player to those 7/10s who even if they don’t perform exceptionally well, show something. Except he’s a 5/10 player for a club like Arsenal. He showed that when at WHU by putting in 7/10 for them

I don’t mind that really him staying here but as a clear back up, which at the moment they are

Plutarch

How hard is it to be a right back anyway? Just learn where you're meant to be when you're defending, and run up the wing athletically when you're attacking. Jenkinson should be able to do it by now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How hard is it to be a right back anyway? Just learn where you're meant to be when you're defending, and run up the wing athletically when you're attacking. Jenkinson should be able to do it by now.

Jenko got all the ingredients to play in an Emery team , runs all day , can defend one on one , he's brave and he'll maraud forward and cross all day .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom