• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

Preacher

Always Crying
Inter are doing classic Gazidis mistake and bottling it. They'll be stuck with sulking player, who's value will be dropping every month until the summer, and then he'll be sold at a lower price.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
this one is over Inter are made a mistake here and they are letting unhappy player stay until summer

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This tells me it's not over at all. :cool:

say yes

forum master baiter
Our financial situation / pulling out of these deals makes no ****ing sense.

We’re still going to need a winger in summer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Our financial situation / pulling out of these deals makes no ****ing sense.

We’re still going to need a winger in summer.

When we bring our wage bill down by clearing some players out, we can then buy, ie in the summer.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I must admit I'm so impressed with our activity in the transfer market. It really looks like our board are trying to get the best possible scenario for us on a terrible budget.

The fact that Ornstein is popping up with new news every 12 hours shows how hard we are working. I certainly didnt get the same feeling under Gazidis and Wenger. They seemed like they didnt care enough for new faces or were out of their depth in these scenarios.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
When we bring our wage bill down by clearing some players out, we can then buy, ie in the summer.
The wages are not the problem atm, the club just doesn't want to take the obligations to buy without knowing our summer transfer budget (which depends on the CL qualification). Perisic/Carrasco could give us a huge boost in the CL fight, but now it will be a coin toss. We'll go for a winger in the summer anyway, but I don't think we'll get a better player than Perisic (a better investment - maybe). Really wanted Perisic over Carrasco, I'd rather buy a guy who genuinely wants to come here than a guy who just wants to leave China for any club.
But like say yes said, I have no idea why we came for an Inter's starter (who hasn't been great, but still) without intentions to buy him, it looked a bit naive imo.

Last edited:

swider

The wages are not the problem atm, the club just doesn't want to take the obligations to buy without knowing our summer transfer budget (which depends on the CL qualification). Perisic/Carrasco could give us a huge boost in the CL fight, but now it will a coin toss. We'll go for a winger in the summer anyway, but I don't think we'll get a better player than Perisic (a better investment maybe). Really wanted Perisic over Carrasco, I'd rather buy a guy who genuinely wants to come here than a guy who just wants to leave China for any club.
But like say yes said, I have no idea why we came for an Inter's starter (who hasn't been great, but still) without intentions to buy him, it looked a bit naive imo.

We are close to break FA rules regarding wages, so they are the problem.

say yes

forum master baiter
We are close to break FA rules regarding wages, so they are the problem.

The wages are categorically not the problem: we offered a loan where we will pay the entirety of Perisic’s wages.

The problem is that the board won’t commit to an obligation to buy Perisic in the summer for about £25m. Which is ridiculous given his quality, the decent price, and our lack of any wide options in the squad.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom