• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
We go again in the summer... hopefully with a bit more investment and a place in the champions league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm actually excited for next season. A couple more signings, as well as players like Nelson and Smith-Rowe hopefully ready for the first team, I think we could mean business.
Next season we'll only need to strength our defense and width we have good enough player in other position plus hopefully ESR Nelson will part of the team next season

Preacher

Always Crying
So I still don't quite understand. What financial restrictions do we have ?
Is it STCC(problem with wages growth per season >7mln) ? I read about it few articles, but we don't have a problem to pay salaries to a new players albeit they're loaned(I didn't see anywhere written, that there is difference in adding wages to total wages amount from loaned player comparing to straight bought player). Is it problem with plain cash ? If so, then to what are all the money from cash balance are designated for ?

SwissRamble, while writing about the lastest Arsenal's financial report:

After 2 years when #AFC cash balance fell, it has rebounded £51m to an all-time high of £231m. Clearly, this cannot all be used to buy new players, e.g. have to maintain £36m debt service reserve, but the figure is likely to raise a few eyebrows when the club is pleading poverty.

I always recently believed, that something shady is going on. Maybe Kroenke is using Arsenal as leverage(or something like that?) for all his loans(building Rams stadium and all the complex around it). The more money we'll have in the cash balance, the higher Arsenal's value will be.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Any chance that the loans were to give Smith-Rowe and Nelson time to develop without being tied to a particular player?

HBL

Established Member
Next season we'll only need to strength our defense and width we have good enough player in other position plus hopefully ESR Nelson will part of the team next season
We need one starting cb & winger, back up right back and GK. Possibly a cm but I'm quite happy with our options there, just wish Xhaka was quicker

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
So I still don't quite understand. What financial restrictions do we have ?
Is it STCC(problem with wages growth per season >7mln) ? I read about it few articles, but we don't have a problem to pay salaries to a new players albeit they're loaned(I didn't see anywhere written, that there is difference in adding wages to total wages amount from loaned player comparing to straight bought player). Is it problem with plain cash ? If so, then to what are all the money from cash balance are designated for ?

SwissRamble, while writing about the lastest Arsenal's financial report:

After 2 years when #AFC cash balance fell, it has rebounded £51m to an all-time high of £231m. Clearly, this cannot all be used to buy new players, e.g. have to maintain £36m debt service reserve, but the figure is likely to raise a few eyebrows when the club is pleading poverty.

I always recently believed, that something shady is going on. Maybe Kroenke is using Arsenal as leverage(or something like that?) for all his loans(building Rams stadium and all the complex around it). The more money we'll have in the cash balance, the higher Arsenal's value will be.
It's well-known this is what he's been doing.

Stan Kroenke: I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...y-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Isn't it proven the only money Kronke has ever taken out if Arsenal was £3 million? The reason we have no money to spend is because of the disgusting business we've done in the last decade. Kronke just doesn't put money in.

Dj_sds -

Isn't it proven the only money Kronke has ever taken out if Arsenal was £3 million? The reason we have no money to spend is because of the disgusting business we've done in the last decade. Kronke just doesn't put money in.

Its so obvious yet some refuse to accept it.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I'm glad we didn't throw money as Perisic and carrasco. It seems clear that they would have been square pegs to a round hole for Emery's longer term plan. Looking forward to seeing Suarez and to see who Emery brings in this summer

It's been a slightly underwhelming window, but on the other hand it wasn't too long ago that we dreaded every transfer window, knowing we would probably lose our best player. At least we didn't have to go through that (Although saying that, I'm not sure any of the other big clubs would even be interested in our players )

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Important the club hire a new sporting diractor before June so we can have plan.

Thx sven for matteo Torreira and Mavro.

al-Ustaadh

We wont know anymore now that they don't have to make accounts public. It'll all be guess work by the AST.

al-Ustaadh

They released the financial results albeit late
Weren't those just the AST's though? Since Arsenal isn't a publicly traded company anymore, I don't think the Club themselves will be releasing them. Kroenke clearly disliked that component when being majority owner.

al-Ustaadh

I mean... Yeah, we've made bad financial decisions when it comes to players.

What Kroenke is doing is using his equity in Arsenal as financial leverage towards the $1 billion dollar loan he took out to build the Rams' new stadium. This means he's more focused on not just keeping a balanced budget but making money and not spending it (he needs Arsenal to be in good financial standing with the banks, which means he wont take any financial risks and instead be a stingy owner). Given he doesn't have to make the financial reports public, I'm sure he'll be taking more money out at some point.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's well-known this is what he's been doing.

Stan Kroenke: I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...y-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

I can give you a string of quotes -- before and after that -- where he has said the opposite. Here's one:

"The reason I am involved in sport is to win," he said. "It's what it's all about. Everything else is a footnote."

"I can assure you no-one is more ambitious than me."

I realize that most Arsenal fans have been jealous of Manchester City and their plaything owner, but the problem is not that Kroenke isn't throwing cash at the club like a drunken sailor on shore leave in a strip club.

The club has plenty of money without Kroenke investment. Hell, they've spent a ton on players the past couple of years. To say they won't spend is contrary to what's been happening. The problem is the sudden growth in their wage bill pushed them to the limits of Short-Term Cost Control.

Football financial expert Swiss Ramble took a detailed look at Arsenal's finances just the other day. Here's the truth of Arsenal's wage increase (and I highly recommend the entire thread, before and after this tweet):

Edit: by the way, one of the things that clubs can use to boost their wage limit is increases in match day revenue. Arsenal's match day revenue actually dropped last season because of people staying away from the stadium. So that further hindered their STCC situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom