• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Wages off the book next year:

Lichtsteiner (35k£), Cech (100k£), Ramsey (110k£), Welbeck (70k£), Jenkinson (45k£) and maybe Monreal (65k£) as contract expires.

Players very likely to be sold or gone next year
Ospina (40k£), Özil (350k£) and Elneny (55k£)

Likely to be sold
Mkhi (180k£)

Total = 870k£ / week to 1.05m£ (if Mkhi leaves) => potential 45m£ to 55m£ off the books next year on wages alone!

If we don't see the proper investment in the summer, then this management/board can f*ck off!

Who is going to pay Özil's wages? No one. If we're getting rid of Mesut we're going to have to subsidise a huge amount of his contract.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah that contract means you take a loss. Probably you just reduce the fee rather than subsidise wages. If we do sell him.

From the recently released, Deloitte Football Money League, Arsenal were the biggest losers dropping to 9th place. We are lagging behind on every front, commercially and on the pitch.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...te-uk-deloitte-football-money-league-2019.pdf

What happens when you have owner with zero ambition.

The worst thing is that the value of Arsenal goes up every year so he doesn't have to take action, he will just sell when its start getting bad but he will still be in huge profit.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that contract means you take a loss. Probably you just reduce the fee rather than subsidise wages. If we do sell him.

If we assume that Özil is on purely £350k/wk in basic wages (I doubt that's actually the case, there are likely performance incentives, targets etc), then his pay is around £18.2M/yr. By the time this summer comes around he'll have two years left on his contract which is £36.4M in wages.

Even if we allowed Özil to go for free, is he worth that much? He's close to 31 yo and will have no resale value. My guess is that we would have to subsidise a portion of Mesut's wages, even if we let him go for free.

blaise

You have to pay Özil to leave, basically you give him any fee we may get for him. No club will offer him 350k becuase of other players so we have to pay the difference.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
China is the only place where he might be paid what he's paid here but no-one can force him to go there if he doesn't want to.

CJJ

Established Member
@celestis

Remember when you said there wasn't even a debate regarding my statement about our hands being tied by FFP? (edit: STCC)
On the podcast both DT and Robbie says we could not spend a dime as well..
Are you gonna say two guys with insider knowledge about the club is also wrong or?

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
@celestis

Remember when you said there wasn't even a debate regarding my statement about our hands being tied by FFP?
Are you gonna say two guys with insider knowledge about the club is also wrong or?
what

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@celestis

Remember when you said there wasn't even a debate regarding my statement about our hands being tied by FFP?

It's not FFP though

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Buddy are you OK? Ever since i proved you wrong in that net spending thread you've tracked down most of my comments and answered with this kind of stuff. Did it really hurt that much?

Your sources were then Daily Mail and SkySports... now your sources are Robbie and DT.

Can't wait for your next reference. :rofl:

Latest posts

Top Bottom