• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Big Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
ESR not going to play for at least a month.

Translated from google:

And even with a third player problems were known: Winter-loaner Emile Smith Rowe is currently injured. "He has suffered the aftermath of a groin injury suffered in London and will not be able to fully train with us in the next two or three weeks," Rangnick said. "We have to see for now that we get it properly healthy." (RBlive / ukr)

http://dailycannon.com/2019/02/emile-smith-rowe-injured/
tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ESR not going to play for at least a month.

Translated from google:

And even with a third player problems were known: Winter-loaner Emile Smith Rowe is currently injured. "He has suffered the aftermath of a groin injury suffered in London and will not be able to fully train with us in the next two or three weeks," Rangnick said. "We have to see for now that we get it properly healthy." (RBlive / ukr)

http://dailycannon.com/2019/02/emile-smith-rowe-injured/
He was in light training last I had heard. Must not be terribly far away to be fair - also lends credence to the option of an extended loan into 19/20.
He's gotta be much closer than we think. Amaechi and Saka are must keeps. He was out injured for a long time, kid needs some patience.
I agree, we should be looking to keep both of them. Looking even beyond Iwobi and Mhkitaryan (and now Suarez), they do have solid competition in the form of Nelson and Smith-Rowe - even though I'd argue that their long term future is actually central while Saka and Amaechi are definitely wide players. Amaechi just needs to keep stacking up his end product to go with his excellent dribbling. He'll inch closer in no time and he's gotta be patient with it.

Relic

He was in light training last I had heard. Must not be terribly far away to be fair - also lends credence to the option of an extended loan into 19/20.

I think that's the plan, sending him to RP for the rest of this season and depending on how well he does, next season too.

Do him the world of good and he returns ready to be a major part of the first team 20/21.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

I agree, we should be looking to keep both of them. Looking even beyond Iwobi and Mhkitaryan (and now Suarez), they do have solid competition in the form of Nelson and Smith-Rowe - even though I'd argue that their long term future is actually central while Saka and Amaechi are definitely wide players. Amaechi just needs to keep stacking up his end product to go with his excellent dribbling. He'll inch closer in no time and he's gotta be patient with it.
Actually wouldn't mind Nelson and Smith-Rowe getting a second year out on loan. Would not only allow them a better chance of first team experience but also allow us the opportunity to bring Saka and Amaechi into the first team more. I think this correlates a lot with why they were pushing for Perisic more than Carrasco (age differences).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think that's the plan, sending him to RP for the rest of this season and depending on how well he does, next season too.

Do him the world of good and he returns ready to be a major part of the first team 20/21.
It's probably a preemptive move in case they lose Forsberg. Gives them a year to recruit the right replacement while facilitating a breakthrough for Smith-Rowe. Plus, Nelson's current loan manager will also be Smith-Rowe's manager.

Actually wouldn't mind Nelson and Smith-Rowe getting a second year out on loan. Would not only allow them a better chance of first team experience but also allow us the opportunity to bring Saka and Amaechi into the first team more. I think this correlates a lot with why they were pushing for Perisic more than Carrasco (age differences).
A second loan year makes sense but has to be the right team. Hoffenheim was a good choice on an individual level for Nelson but he doesn't fit that team dynamic at all. It's an awkward fit, and Nagelsmann is the biggest draw. With Smith-Rowe, he's perhaps a bit more malleable and rounded as a talent - I can see him succeeding in a variety of set-ups. Nelson needs a team that needs his dribbling and excitement in the final 3rd, a purely attacking role and let him thrive there.

As far as Saka and Amaechi go, both players will definitely have pre-season this summer to aid them. I predict that Amaechi will immediately turn heads the second he walks onto that field for the first team. We'll see!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's probably a preemptive move in case they lose Forsberg. Gives them a year to recruit the right replacement while facilitating a breakthrough for Smith-Rowe. Plus, Nelson's current loan manager will also be Smith-Rowe's manager.

A second loan year makes sense but has to be the right team. Hoffenheim was a good choice on an individual level for Nelson but he doesn't fit that team dynamic at all. It's an awkward fit, and Nagelsmann is the biggest draw. With Smith-Rowe, he's perhaps a bit more malleable and rounded as a talent - I can see him succeeding in a variety of set-ups. Nelson needs a team that needs his dribbling and excitement in the final 3rd, a purely attacking role and let him thrive there.

As far as Saka and Amaechi go, both players will definitely have pre-season this summer to aid them. I predict that Amaechi will immediately turn heads the second he walks onto that field for the first team. We'll see!

Of course if Smith Rowe stays at Leipzig for another year, it will be he who is playing for Negelsmann. Will be interesting to see how all that plays out.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Of course if Smith Rowe stays at Leipzig for another year, it will be he who is playing for Negelsmann. Will be interesting to see how all that plays out.
Think he'll probably have an easier time housing him than he has with Nelson at the moment. I actually think he'll look to use him in central midfield rather than as an all out attacker, which influences my thinking. That'll certainly be of significant interest - if he stays there after this season of course.

BobP

Memri Fan

Doubt Forsberg is leaving RBL any time soon.

His groin is completely cooked, no way he'd be able to pass a medical.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Doubt Forsberg is leaving RBL any time soon.

His groin is completely cooked, no way he'd be able to pass a medical.

Agree. I think that ship has sailed for Forsberg and he is/should be happy to play as many games a season as he can at Leipzig.

This is about a month old:

https://www.90min.de/posts/6267992-...g-sehe-schwarz-fuer-die-langfristige-karriere

>>"Sports physician: I'm pessimistic about the longterm career"

>>Leipzig's Swedish international Emil Forsberg played six games in the Bundesliga before being sidelined by groin problems. [...] He's proven time and again that by footballing merits alone, he belongs in one of the big european leagues. It's just that his body doesn't hold up.

>>The Swede, who is back in in training with a ball since Thursday, had already suffered a similar injury last season and is consistently plagued by pain in the groin and pelvis area. After RB-coach Rangnick recently had spoken about symphysis problematics, reknowned sports physician Dr. Ingo Froboese explained the symptomatics to RBlive and gave a shattering verdict.

>>"The symphysis is a cartilaginous link between the two pelvis bones in the region of the pubic bone." Forsberg's inflammation of that region is often caused by the adductors - which explains his club's initial diagnosis of this recent injury as an adductors problematic. "Such an irritation usually occurs due to overloading, e.g. doing too many sprints, but could also occur due to the player not having enough muscle for the specific load."

>>The specific reason for Forsberg's recurring injuries was left open during the dialogue, due to not enough information, but Froboese cautioned of recurring injuries: "The problem with such inflammations is that if you don't get them under control, they are very likely to become chronic aches. This means with every new load you'll end up with the identical problem again. Chronification is what pro athletes are most afraid of."

>>"If eventually such a chronification has manifested, I'm very pessimistic about the longterm career. A player with such a handicap will never be able to reach his full performance level again."

BobP

Memri Fan
Agree. I think that ship has sailed for Forsberg and he is/should be happy to play as many games a season as he can at Leipzig.

This is about a month old:

https://www.90min.de/posts/6267992-...g-sehe-schwarz-fuer-die-langfristige-karriere

>>"Sports physician: I'm pessimistic about the longterm career"

>>Leipzig's Swedish international Emil Forsberg played six games in the Bundesliga before being sidelined by groin problems. [...] He's proven time and again that by footballing merits alone, he belongs in one of the big european leagues. It's just that his body doesn't hold up.

>>The Swede, who is back in in training with a ball since Thursday, had already suffered a similar injury last season and is consistently plagued by pain in the groin and pelvis area. After RB-coach Rangnick recently had spoken about symphysis problematics, reknowned sports physician Dr. Ingo Froboese explained the symptomatics to RBlive and gave a shattering verdict.

>>"The symphysis is a cartilaginous link between the two pelvis bones in the region of the pubic bone." Forsberg's inflammation of that region is often caused by the adductors - which explains his club's initial diagnosis of this recent injury as an adductors problematic. "Such an irritation usually occurs due to overloading, e.g. doing too many sprints, but could also occur due to the player not having enough muscle for the specific load."

>>The specific reason for Forsberg's recurring injuries was left open during the dialogue, due to not enough information, but Froboese cautioned of recurring injuries: "The problem with such inflammations is that if you don't get them under control, they are very likely to become chronic aches. This means with every new load you'll end up with the identical problem again. Chronification is what pro athletes are most afraid of."

>>"If eventually such a chronification has manifested, I'm very pessimistic about the longterm career. A player with such a handicap will never be able to reach his full performance level again."

Cheers for that.

RBL's interest in Çalhanoğlu probably has something to do with this.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Tbf, sending a player on loan who has returned to training and nearly ready is very different to taking a player on loan who has a broken back.
I thought he is out for another 2-3 weeks, that would make him available in march.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Nice. Give him a new contract and send him abroad to make his name for a season. It is important to invest patience in this crop of youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom