• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal, February 3rd, 16:30 Sky Sports

Will Arsenal beat Bald Fraud FC?

• Yes

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
For those who want to protect the young ones : the veteran Guendouzi was our best player, should he not be playing? -Honourable mentions for Leno, Torreira and Koscielny but Mavropanos, despite coming on to play for a beaten team, wasn't fazed either. Short cameo but where there is character there is character; and where there is no character giving you your debut at 25 at home to Accrington Stanley in the Carabao Cup isn't going to make you grow a pair of cojones.

Jae

I'd bring him on if only to make him earn his ridiculous wages, and as he seems finished here, he would be somewhat motivated to impress a new employer (and we might get a decent fee for him). But the situation ATM where he's earning a living for free, and we're not really better off without him, is frankly disastrous. I hope Suarez can hit the ground running.

I do agree with this mate. It's a catch 22 really, we need to play him because of his wages/put him in the shop window but he isn't exactly setting the world alight whenever he does play.

Leeroy1979

For those who want to protect the young ones : the veteran Guendouzi was our best player, should he not be playing? -Honourable mentions for Leno, Torreira and Koscielny but Mavropanos, despite coming on to play for a beaten team, wasn't fazed either. Short cameo but where there is character there is character; and where there is no character giving you your debut at 25 at home to Accrington Stanley in the Carabao Cup isn't going to make you grow a pair of cojones.
Neither is being plucked from the youth team to have your confidence smashed in a rinsing against a top team. All for playing youngsters but it needs to be managed if we want to get the best out of them long term

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Neither is being plucked from the youth team to have your confidence smashed in a rinsing against a top team. All for playing youngsters but it needs to be managed if we want to get the best out of them long term
My point is we rarely do this long term either. We wait for all the senior players in a position to be injured, then play some of them out of position and only in extreme situations give a young player a chance in the first team in a serious game.

Individual talent is not damaged by a bad team result but it is not nurtured by kickabouts with the Reading youth team in front of 50 mums. Even the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of this world give young players more chances than we do.

It is all very well to be conservative when you are achieving results but to be conservative when you're not is simply to accept mediocrity and failure.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The same City fans that whistle the opposition in yet another desperate imitation of big European clubs. The same City fans that groaned when one misplaced pass was made.

Ignorant little ****wits. Honestly, the worst fanbase in this country. They're a disgrace and suit their horrid little club to a tee. Lance Armstrong of Football.

Leeroy1979

My point is we rarely do this long term either. We wait for all the senior players in a position to be injured, then play some of them out of position and only in extreme situations give a young player a chance in the first team in a serious game.

Individual talent is not damaged by a bad team result but it is not nurtured by kickabouts with the Reading youth team in front of 50 mums. Even the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of this world give young players more chances than we do.

It is all very well to be conservative when you are achieving results but to be conservative when you're not is simply to accept mediocrity and failure.
Bellerin, Gibbs, cole, clichy, Fabregas, wilshere, iwobi? Off the top of my head, I don't think we do that badly at giving young players a chance

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The same City fans that whistle the opposition in yet another desperate imitation of big European clubs. The same City fans that groaned when one misplaced pass was made.

Ignorant little ****wits. Honestly, the worst fanbase in this country. They're a disgrace and suit their horrid little club to a tee. Lance Armstrong of Football.
Club with no soul absolutely no support fans start leaving around 70 minutes ffs

HBL

Established Member
Sane - Aguero - Sterling
D Silva - De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Mendy - Laporte - Stones - Walker
Ederson

Foden - Jesus - Mahrez
B Silva - Gundogan
Delph
Zinchenko - Kompany - Otamendi - Danilo
Muric
Honestly a shambles from Pep if he fails to win the league with that sort of depth.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Bellerin, Gibbs, cole, clichy, Fabregas, wilshere, iwobi? Off the top of my head, I don't think we do that badly at giving young players a chance
C'mon COLE??? That's like 17 years ago? A selling club like the Arsenal needs to bring at least a very minimum one new young player into the team every season.

Leeroy1979

C'mon COLE??? That's like 17 years ago? A selling club like the Arsenal needs to bring at least a very minimum one new young player into the team every season.
I did say it was off the top of my head lol

I agree that a club like ours should be bringing a new player/s through every year. I think the way we are doing that is to loan them out to decent clubs like we are with nelson and esr. Hopefully they come back ready to play a part next season.

I cannot however accept that we are a selling club though. No more than any other club in the world. We have been bullied and forced into selling but so have other clubs. In my opinion thinking we are a selling club diminishes who we are and makes us small We are arsenal, we will never be small

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I did say it was off the top of my head lol

I agree that a club like ours should be bringing a new player/s through every year. I think the way we are doing that is to loan them out to decent clubs like we are with nelson and esr. Hopefully they come back ready to play a part next season.

I cannot however accept that we are a selling club though. No more than any other club in the world. We have been bullied and forced into selling but so have other clubs. In my opinion thinking we are a selling club diminishes who we are and makes us small We are arsenal, we will never be small
We are Arsenal but whilst Arsenal is owned by Kronke we will not challenge for major honours.

That by the way is the definition of a selling club, a club which is "bullied and forced into selling".

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We are Arsenal but whilst Arsenal is owned by Kronke we will not challenge for major honours.
It’s sad but true, the decline started after the stadium build and then Kroenke, a double whammy for Wenger.

To get amongst the top 4 now. We will need to either do some clever dealing like Liverpool, or get some star players on the cheap like Sp**s. Neither are easy though.

Guendouz is a good start.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

That by the way is the definition of a selling club, a club which is "bullied and forced into selling".

It’s sad but true, the decline started after the stadium build and then Kroenke, a double whammy for Wenger.

To get amongst the top 4 now. We will need to either do some clever dealing like Liverpool, or get some star players on the cheap like Sp**s. Neither are easy though.

Kroenke is ****. But let's not pretend that he's holding us back on the pitch or even in the transfer windows. Don't want his dirty money either.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The blueprint is out there, it’s Liverpool. About a decade ago they were going nowhere under Hicks and Gillette with real financial problems.

Stuck around 8th in the table with Hodgson and Dalglish as managers it looked bleak. They’ve turned it around by being self sufficient and we can do the same.

We’ve got to be smarter sorting out contracts and transfers but we can do it.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Kroenke is ****. But let's not pretend that he's holding us back on the pitch or even in the transfer windows. Don't want his dirty money either.
Look at what we had against us today. And how they got to where they are now.

In any ranking of clubs from the last 100 years, even 50 years, City wouldn't have been even in the top 10 in England until they were pumped with all that money. Similar story with Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom