• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ornstein on Arsecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I always supported him but now there's been too many occasions when I've thought, Özil masterclass incoming, and it very rarely happens. Fulham & Leicester this season, that's all, and he's paid as our star player. We can get 2 more effective players for £350m pw.
I think most of us feel that way but his supporters wont have it.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
For 350k pw in addition to what Mkhi gets and Ramsey would've gotten, we could have 2 desperately needed quality wide players and a productive attacking mid/creative cm with our academy players as back ups. Maybe a young up and coming RB too. We should be doing A LOT better than this.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

For 350k pw in addition to what Mkhi gets and Ramsey would've gotten, we could have 2 desperately needed quality wide players and a productive attacking mid/creative cm with our academy players as back ups. Maybe a young up and coming RB too. We should be doing A LOT better than this.

I think we will. There has been very little time to sort it out yet. Think the club are well aware how much of a mess it is, tricky and takes time.

Gazidis really ****ed us hard.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seems like Ornstein talk less about our academy than in his previous interview which is bad imo. Not much inspiring really from us, more of the same.
I don't take that as a bad thing. We have two big youth players out developing in Germany. Makes sense that they come back and wee add defensive recruits.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I always supported him but now there's been too many occasions when I've thought, Özil masterclass incoming, and it very rarely happens. Fulham & Leicester this season, that's all, and he's paid as our star player. We can get 2 more effective players for £350m pw.

Its very rarely happened this season because he's only played 13 premier league matches out of 25 and I'm pretty sure he came off early in some of those.

Hard to build up a rhythm and put in great performances if you're hardly on the pitch

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its very rarely happened this season because he's only played 13 premier league matches out of 25 and I'm pretty sure he came off early in some of those.

Hard to build up a rhythm and put in great performances if you're hardly on the pitch

Some will always find excuses! How about last season?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Some will always find excuses! How about last season?

I thought we were talking about this season since you mentioned Fulham and Leicester.

What happened last season is the same thing that happened to Welbeck, Xhaka, Mustafi, Cech, Iwobi, Bellerin, Lacazette and all the rest. It was last season. A toxic environment where the entire team underperformed.

I'm not making excuses, but stating facts. Özil has hardly played, its not fair to go well he's been poor the entire season.

If he had started our last 25 league games or hell, even 20 league games and had less than 5 assists for the entire season. I would be right there with you. But he hasn't so I'm not.

He didn't start our last 3 big away games and we weren't more defensively secure for it, nor we were more creative.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How much would Chambers recall have been? Seems weird not to go for it as it’d have covered both Holding and Bellerin’s injuries.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought we were talking about this season since you mentioned Fulham and Leicester.

What happened last season is the same thing that happened to Welbeck, Xhaka, Mustafi, Cech, Iwobi, Bellerin, Lacazette and all the rest. It was last season. A toxic environment where the entire team underperformed.

I'm not making excuses, but stating facts. Özil has hardly played, its not fair to go well he's been poor the entire season.

If he had started our last 25 league games or hell, even 20 league games and had less than 5 assists for the entire season. I would be right there with you. But he hasn't so I'm not.

He didn't start our last 3 big away games and we weren't more defensively secure for it, nor we were more creative.
Nobody's saying he's been poor in the games he hasn't played in :lol: 3 goals and 1 assist in 14 appearances in the league. It's crap whatever way you want to twist it. It's not worth £350 a week, never mind 350k a week.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nobody's saying he's been poor in the games he hasn't played in :lol:
TBF, one of the first threads hit up after a loss or a bad game has been Özil's. Whether or not he has played. The frustartion is spilling over from other topics.

teamsoutheast

So much for the Emery‘s promise to develop academy players.

„Mavropanos highly thought of within club“, but not good enough to be included into the 24 players list to play in Europa League.

We badly needed player like Perisic, so why not just accept that obligation to buy quality player who could make instant positive impact..

But what is Mavropanos' mentality like? This is the stuff we as fans can't see so I find it incredible you come to that conclusion. Also what if Perisic massively flops and you are obliged to purchase him? I'm pretty sure you would be one of the first ones to criticise the club for adding an obligatory purchase clause to a flop!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
TBF, one of the first threads hit up after a loss or a bad game has been Özil's. Whether or not he has played. The frustartion is spilling over from other topics.
People who moan about him not playing tend to fire up his thread, And his tweets don't exactly discourage discussion about him. It is frustrating for everyone, whether you want him gone or not.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

My point with Özil is do we get value for money, and we don't. For that money I expect him to light up games like Hazard can but he rarely does. I know last season most were poor but I seem to recall Ramsey was our best player over the season. Özil should be our best player every season because he earns double or even treble the others, that's my point.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Selling players is not as easy as it sounds. Look how much trouble we had in the summer. We all thought players like Ospina, Jenkinson, Perez, Elneny would be gone but they're still here.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
My point with Özil is do we get value for money, and we don't. For that money I expect him to light up games like Hazard can but he rarely does. I know last season most were poor but I seem to recall Ramsey was our best player over the season. Özil should be our best player every season because he earns double or even treble the others, that's my point.
His wages aren't a reflection of his quality, they're a reflection of his(or his agents) bargaining skills

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I see no reason to blame Özil for his contract or even particularly the situation he's in at the moment. One can question Arsenal's wisdom in giving him £350,000 a week (I was always a bit uneasy with that figure), but he's one of the best players in the world and has every right to get as much as he can. Keep in mind that when he signed he had been leading Europe in chances created for awhile and was piling up assists. He was a player who fit what Arsène Wenger wanted to do, even if he had his flaws. He just doesn't fit into what Emery wants to do. Emery is asking him to be something that maybe he just isn't. And that's fine. It's just one of those things and Arsenal needs to find a way to move him on.

Selling players is not as easy as it sounds. Look how much trouble we had in the summer. We all thought players like Ospina, Jenkinson, Perez, Elneny would be gone but they're still here.

The only thing that would make it difficult to sell Özil is his salary. Not many clubs would be able to take it on. But he'll have plenty of suitors if they can work things out financially. He's still a world class player.

Just for the record, Perez is gone. West Ham bought him. Ospina probably won't be back either. If he makes 9 more appearances for Napoli this season their option to buy becomes an obligation. And reportedly they plan to keep him (although nothing is set in stone). While a lot of people have wanted Elneny out, I doubt that many expected him to be sold last summer after they had signed him to a new contract. It's far more likely now since he's not much in Emery's plans.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I see no reason to blame Özil for his contract or even particularly the situation he's in at the moment. One can question Arsenal's wisdom in giving him £350,000 a week (I was always a bit uneasy with that figure), but he's one of the best players in the world and has every right to get as much as he can. Keep in mind that when he signed he had been leading Europe in chances created for awhile and was piling up assists. He was a player who fit what Arséne Wenger wanted to do, even if he had his flaws. He just doesn't fit into what Emery wants to do. Emery is asking him to be something that maybe he just isn't. And that's fine. It's just one of those things and Arsenal needs to find a way to move him on.

The only thing that would make it difficult to sell Özil is his salary. Not many clubs would be able to take it on. But he'll have plenty of suitors if they can work things out financially. He's still a world class player.

Just for the record, Perez is gone. West Ham bought him. Ospina probably won't be back either. If he makes 9 more appearances for Napoli this season their option to buy becomes an obligation. And reportedly they plan to keep him (although nothing is set in stone). While a lot of people have wanted Elneny out, I doubt that many expected him to be sold last summer after they had signed him to a new contract. It's far more likely now since he's not much in Emery's plans.
Yes they are on their way out now but it should have happened a year or two ago. How long did it take for us to push Joel Campbell out of the club? I mean who's to say we won't have problems selling Mustafi with the reported 90k pounds per week wages he's on? I think we'll be able to move some players on in the summer but I wouldn't bet my life on there being a fire sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom