• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,327

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Fair enough.

He'd be available for about 15m, right? Would you consider that big money?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I have no problem with signing a young RB, I just wouldn't spend big money on one considering the other needs in the squad.
What do you think Aarons would go for? Is he as established at Norwich, or even as highly rated, as Maddison was?

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Considering Monchi hasn't been with Roma long I would be very surprised if he turned up at the Emirates. Roma are a CL side who got to the Semi's last year. Financially they are in a better position than us to provide him with the tools to work his magic.
But do they have anyone who tells him good ebening? Someone that can esplain why? Let's relight the fire.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What do you think Aaron’s would go for? Is he as established at Norwich, or even as highly rated, as Maddison was?
He's a starter for them and is under contract there until 2023, Norwich will definitely be asking for a sizeable fee. Especially if they get promoted, which looks likely as they're currently first (though not by much).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What do you think Aaron’s would go for? Is he as established at Norwich, or even as highly rated, as Maddison was?
The media are reporting that he's 'rated' at £15m but I'm sure it will take a higher fee than that. Although Maddison was constantly linked with £30m moves and went for £20m in the end.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The media are reporting that he's 'rated' at £15m but I'm sure it will take a higher fee than that. Although Maddison was constantly linked with £30m moves and went for £20m in the end.
If I were in the Arsenal hierarchy, I’d get Kelly (or Sessegnon on the cheap) and Aarons (if they’re as good as suggested and the confidence is there that they can play at the EPL level).

Reactions: A_G

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really hope we don't go after Pavon. He seems very limited.

I'm not so sure. He is fast and has a very good football brain. He can shoot and link play. He is very much an Emery style player defensively. He isn't Pepe level in terms of dribbling but he can beat a man, do a stepover and has tight control.

If you are looking at the next player to blow it will be him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm not so sure. He is fast and has a very good football brain. He can shoot and link play. He is very much an Emery style player defensively. He isn't Pepe level in terms of dribbling but he can beat a man, do a stepover and has tight control.

Doesn't seem like that to me but I haven't seen much of him. What do you think of Lozano?

I'd like us to get Perisic and another speedy dribbler on the other wing.

Let's play Aubamawang

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to go back for that Samuel Chukwuese lad. By all accounts he's lighting up La Liga with Villarreal. We do need a fast, skillful winger.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Before clubs started throwing silly money at decent talents he was linked to Ajax. Saw some potential in him, but not sure he'd be able to perform at Arsenal level immediately. Also thought he was very disappointing at the World Cup. I think there is too much hype reflected in his price. Would rather go for a different winger.

I would rather look at Hudson-Odoi as the next player to blow it, or Chukwueze, or Bergwijn.

Doesn't seem like that to me but I haven't seen much of him. What do you think of Lozano?
I'd say Bergwijn is the more complete winger of the two at PSV, but Lozano is undeniably productive. It's a shame Bergwijn picked up a big injury, wouldn't have minded us picking him up in summer. On the fence about Lozano, not sure he'd step up a level or two. He definitely could though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Before clubs started throwing silly money at decent talents he was linked to Ajax. Saw some potential in him, but not sure he'd be able to perform at Arsenal level immediately. Also thought he was very disappointing at the World Cup. I think there is too much hype reflected in his price. Would rather go for a different winger.

I would rather look at Hudson-Odoi as the next player to blow it, or Chukwueze, or Bergwijn.

I'd say Bergwijn is the more complete winger of the two at PSV, but Lozano is undeniably productive. It's a shame Bergwijn picked up a big injury, wouldn't have minded us picking him up in summer. On the fence about Lozano, not sure he'd step up a level or two. He definitely could though.

I don't think Chukwueze and Bergwijn are any better than Saka. I don't even feel their ceiling is as high either. There is no point in brining in a really young winger. The player who comes in needs to be 23-25 and have saka or Amaechi as understudies.

Pavon, Lozano, Pepe, Bailey, Under, Troussard and Sarr will all be overpriced. They also have risk added to them. As well as Pepe is doing this season, he has basically played one game a week. No European ties and they are out of the cup. Can he sustain his level with 3 games a week in England, no winter break and Champions League for the first time? How can the club drop £70 million on someone who may not hit those heights.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
On one hand I'm very pleased we are finally being linked to players we have so desperately needed for so long (and types we would never have bought under Wenger) - e.g. wingers, but on the other hand it's depressing that they seem so Europa League-y. Everton-y.

I hope there's more to it than that. I'm just going by e.g. that Sandro bloke's age and the fact he is still in Belgium.

teamsoutheast

Agreed. He has looked good since the Argentinian league started again. He is finding a bit of form again following an early season dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom