• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Leandro Trossard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastercutor

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/view/4708

Hard to judge if there's any truth in this, as there are no links, but thought it could be worth to post it as we were quite heavily linked to this guy back in November and it was reported in both Belgian and UK media, so it might have some legs.

If there's been an earlier thread on this guy, feel free to merge it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks good player but better wait until reliable sources reporting.

Locked for now

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
25m could get us Perisic in the summer. That for a 24yrs old winger just emerging in the Belgian league would be ridiculous.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
25m could get us Perisic in the summer. That for a 24yrs old winger just emerging in the Belgian league would be ridiculous.

Not sure I'd say he's just emerging. He's attracted a lot of attention this year with all the goals he's scored in Europa League, but he scored 8 goals for Genk last season, 9 the season before that and another 9 on loan at OH Leuven in the first division in 2015-16. He's pretty experienced and probably ready as he'll ever be for a move to a bigger club. That club may or may not be Arsenal, but if they want him this summer will be the time to move.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not sure I'd say he's just emerging. He's attracted a lot of attention this year with all the goals he's scored in Europa League, but he scored 8 goals for Genk last season, 9 the season before that and another 9 on loan at OH Leuven in the first division in 2015-16. He's pretty experienced and probably ready as he'll ever be for a move to a bigger club. That club may or may not be Arsenal, but if they want him this summer will be the time to move.
By just emerging I meant in relation to his age as in a young talented player, specially a winger, would've drawn interest long ago rather than at 24. Experience in Belgian league is not the same. From Genk to Arsenal it's a gigantic step up. Those numbers aren't very impressive.

Anyway, I don't there's much in it. 25m is a ludicrous price.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
By just emerging I meant in relation to his age as in a young talented player, specially a winger, would've drawn interest long ago rather than at 24. Experience in Belgian league is not the same. From Genk to Arsenal it's a gigantic step up. Those numbers aren't very impressive.

Anyway, I don't there's much in it. 25m is a ludicrous price.

I thought that when you said "just emerging in the Belgian league" that you meant just emerging in the Belgian league, not from it.

And call me crazy, but I think 7 goals in 9 Europa League games actually is pretty impressive. Plus he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 18 games in the Belgian first division for the team that's 9 points ahead of the 2nd place club in the table. He has 17 goals and 5 assists in the two competitions, which is pretty good no matter where you're playing.

As for the cost, teams are plucking players from the Championship and the Eredivisie for more than that. Monaco paid €25 million for Tielemans when they bought him from Anderlecht two years ago and he wasn't tearing up the league anything like Trossard is at the moment. Players aren't cheap these days.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I thought that when you said "just emerging in the Belgian league" that you meant just emerging in the Belgian league, not from it.

And call me crazy, but I think 7 goals in 9 Europa League games actually is pretty impressive. Plus he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 18 games in the Belgian first division for the team that's 9 points ahead of the 2nd place club in the table. He has 17 goals and 5 assists in the two competitions, which is pretty good no matter where you're playing.

As for the cost, teams are plucking players from the Championship and the Eredivisie for more than that. Monaco paid €25 million for Tielemans when they bought him from Anderlecht two years ago and he wasn't tearing up the league anything like Trossard is at the moment. Players aren't cheap these days.
Those players of which you could actually name you'll find are far younger than him and a known quantity in terms of potential. Tielemans was a well known talent long before the Monaco move.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
25m is a bit much for a player from the Belgian league. He should really be tearing it up for that price. His return is not bad though, looking at his goals in Europe and the league this year.

I don't find his highlight videos that special though.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Those players of which you could actually name you'll find are far younger than him and a known quantity in terms of potential. Tielemans was a well known talent long before the Monaco move.

Yeah, Trossard is just about ready for the retirement home at 24. :rolleyes:

In fact, at 24 he is just coming into his peak years, thus his value is higher at this point than it would be were he a few years younger or a few years older. Tielemans had just turned 20 about two weeks prior to his transfer, thus he was a player that still required development. His price was based on future potential. If he develops, he'll be worth much more at age 24 when he's beginning to enter his peak years. Trossard is more of a finished product, thus the club that buys him will expect him to pretty much hit the ground running. That has value.

And Trossard has hardly been unknown. He was actually an important player in Genk's run to the Europa League semifinal in 2016-17. Just because you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean nobody else did.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah, Trossard is just about ready for the retirement home at 24. :rolleyes:

In fact, at 24 he is just coming into his peak years, thus his value is higher at this point than it would be were he a few years younger or a few years older. Tielemans had just turned 20 about two weeks prior to his transfer, thus he was a player that still required development. His price was based on future potential. If he develops, he'll be worth much more at age 24 when he's beginning to enter his peak years. Trossard is more of a finished product, thus the club that buys him will expect him to pretty much hit the ground running. That has value.

And Trossard has hardly been unknown. He was actually an important player in Genk's run to the Europa League semifinal in 2016-17. Just because you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean nobody else did.
He'll do very little in his peak years when you think of an Arsenal calibre player. Nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay anywhere near 25m for this guy.

say yes

forum master baiter
He'll do very little in his peak years when you think of an Arsenal calibre player. Nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay anywhere near 25m for this guy.

If someone like Iwobi costs £30m+ then this guy looks brilliant value tbf.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If someone like Iwobi costs £30m+ then this guy looks brilliant value tbf.
Iwobi is younger though and while he isn't as productive he is still talented enough with room for growth. I doubt this guy can translate those numbers to the highest level.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Just posted on YouTube in the last few hours.

Him and Nkunku look somewhat similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom