• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our 2018 results showed a record cash balance, despite increased investment, though that was boosted by player sales. We have

• New Addidas deal worth an extra 30m per season;
  • New Emirates deal worth around 10m per season
Off the bat, our revenue should be increasing 40m while the extraordinary payments to Wenger and his staff (17m) won't occur again. Further, while the 2019 results will most likely result in an accounting loss (we won't have significant player sales to rely on), we will have a decent chunk of wages coming off the books in the next 12 months. There is no excuse not to invest heavily in the squad.

CJJ

Established Member
Take a chill pill this is a fotball forum not an academic debate.
No need for a pill, i'm quite calm ;)

Just because you decide logic and reason is of no value in a football forum doesn't mean people agree with you. (Its likely one of the most stupid excuses i've ever heard)
Perhaps you should rethink why you even bother posting anything in here, or why people should even bother responding :lol:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
No need for a pill, i'm quite calm ;)

Just because you decide logic and reason is of no value in a football forum doesn't mean people agree with you. (Its likely one of the most stupid excuses i've ever heard)
Perhaps you should rethink why you even bother posting anything in here, or why people should even bother responding :lol:

My opinion was logical and reasonable as I questioned your sources who were proven many times to be gullible. Your choice of citing someone with a proven record of making stuff up was the only unreasonable issue here.

Love your patronising tone btw keep it up, buddy.

CJJ

Established Member
My opinion was logical and reasonable as I questioned your sources who were proven many times to be gullible. Your choice of citing someone with a proven record of making stuff up was the only unreasonable issue here.

Love your patronising tone btw keep it up, buddy.
It was hard to resist when you insinuate that one is not supposed to point out logical inconsistencies in a football forum :D

1. Proven to be gullible by who and by what means?
2. You do understand that i have never said Robbie or DT is a credible source and the only reason you come to that conclusion is by strawmanning me? (which is a logical fallacy)

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It was hard to resist when you insinuate that one is not supposed to point out logical consistencies in a football forum :D

1. Proven to be gullible by who and by what means?
2. You do understand that i have never said Robbie or DT is a credible source and the only reason you come to that conclusion is by strawmanning me? (which is a logical fallacy)

Let me refresh your memory

@celestisOn the podcast both DT and Robbie says we could not spend a dime as well..
Are you gonna say two guys with insider knowledge about the club is also wrong or?

By challenging @celestis to prove them/you wrong you seem very confident they actually have insider knowledge about the club relevant to the topic in question. If I further deduct your quote it's obvious your presumption is this is a credible source otherwise you wouldn't put it as a focal point of your argument.

As for the first point I'll leave it to half man half internet bot @American_Gooner

CJJ

Established Member
Let me refresh your memory

By challenging @celestis to prove them/you wrong you seem very confident they actually have insider knowledge about the club relevant to the topic in question. If I further deduct your quote it's obvious your presumption is this is a credible source otherwise you wouldn't put it as a focal point of your argument.

As for the first point I'll leave it to half man half internet bot @American_Gooner
This is the exact reason why i say to you that you are wrong in jumping into a conversation you don't understand the history behind.
In short i believe you misunderstand my intention and your assumption about me is incorrect.

I link this video as it refreshes a conversation i earlier had with celestis in which we both discussed this topic and gave sources. My focal point was not the video itself but merely two guys reigniting a topic celestis claimed should not even be up for debate.

As for the video itself there is no denying they both have insider knowledge, that much is correct.
But i obviously understand that just because they know people on the inside doesn't mean that the people they know are right every single time.

And to clarify, i don't claim to know if STCC is the exact reason as i believe its hard to know for sure with so many conflicting sources.
I'm simply saying that celestis is wrong for claiming he knows with absolute certainty STCC is not the reason.
You'd know that if you had simply asked me instead of assuming my position.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is the exact reason why i say to you that you are wrong in jumping into a conversation you don't understand the history behind.
In short i believe you misunderstand my intention and your assumption about me is incorrect.

I link this video as it refreshes a conversation i earlier had with celestis in which we both discussed this topic and gave sources. My focal point was not the video itself but merely two guys reigniting a topic celestis claimed should not even be up for debate.

As for the video itself there is no denying they both have insider knowledge, that much is correct.
But i obviously understand that because you know people on the inside doesn't mean the people they know are right every single time.

And to clarify, i don't claim to know if STCC is the exact reason as i believe its hard to know for sure with so many conflicting sources.
I'm simply saying that celestis is wrong for claiming he knows with absolute certainty STCC is not the reason.
You'd know that if you had simply asked me instead of assuming my position.

They don’t have any inside knowledge whatsoever. Complete and utter bollocks.

CJJ

Established Member
They don’t have any inside knowledge whatsoever. Complete and utter bollocks.
So you are seriously claiming that Robbie of AFTV knows nobody inside the club that he extensively have covered for multiple years? (and is doing so for a living)
That every time he refers to sources he know at the club he's just blatantly lying?
Thats abit of a stretch..

Last edited:

field442

Trusted ⭐
So you are seriously claiming that Robbie of AFTV knows nobody inside the club that he extensively have covered for multiple years? (and is doing so for a living)
That every time he refers to sources inside the club he's just blatantly lying?
Thats abit of a stretch..

Who would he know inside the club that’s in a position where they could provide him with inside information? That’s like saying Tim Payton has inside information (which he doesn’t although he’s much more likely to). He’s a bloke with a YouTube channel, a bloke who is probably despised by most of the important people in the club. Why would they give him information about club finances?

CJJ

Established Member
Who would he know inside the club that’s in a position where they could provide him with inside information? That’s like saying Tim Payton has inside information (which he doesn’t although he’s much more likely to). He’s a bloke with a YouTube channel, a bloke who is probably despised by most of the important people in the club. Why would they give him information about club finances?
There doesnt have to be a direct link between the important people and Robbie for him to have knowledge about finances.
Surely its conceivable that a guy that covers Arsenal for a living knows people inside the club that might know something.
Coming in and saying that is certainly untrue and bollocks carries as much weight as me saying he does.
But id say that the propability of him knowing SOMEONE at the club is probably higher than your claim that he knows "none whatsoever"

field442

Trusted ⭐
There doesnt have to be a direct link between the important people and Robbie for him to have knowledge about finances.
Surely its conceivable that a guy that covers Arsenal for a living knows people inside the club that might know something.
Coming in and saying that is certainly untrue and bollocks carries as much weight as me saying he does.
But id say that the propability of him knowing SOMEONE at the club is probably higher than your claim that he knows "none whatsoever"

Yeah he might know Jon who serves him his pie during half time or Steve the steward.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Sure thing buddy. :rolleyes:

Feel free to find an example of him providing inside info. Saying “I’ve heard from people inside the club” when the information is already out in the open is not an example. DarrenArsenal on Twitter regularly has info about upcoming preseason tours before its public knowledge. You’d expect that would be the sort of thing someone like Robbie might actually get but he doesn’t. “I’ve heard from people inside the club” proves nothing. If you believe that I’ve got a rocking horse that ****s gold for sale.

CJJ

Established Member
Feel free to find an example of him providing inside info. Saying “I’ve heard from people inside the club” when the information is already out in the open is not an example. DarrenArsenal on Twitter regularly has info about upcoming preseason tours before its public knowledge. You’d expect that would be the sort of thing someone like Robbie might actually get but he doesn’t. “I’ve heard from people inside the club” proves nothing. If you believe that I’ve got a rocking horse that ****s gold for sale.
I'll skip to where i think this conversation is going because you're examples is not making a lot of sense.
1. We don't know if Robbie has insider information
2. We don't know if Robbie DOESN'T have insider information

It seems to me that you indicate that you know that he doesn't have insider information (2) which is just wrong.
If not, for some reason you seem to think its very unlikely he knows anyone inside the club and i simply don't agree.
A guy covering Arsenal for multiple years on a big international media platform is very likely to know someone. But that doesn't mean the people he know is trustworthy nor reliable.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

It's funny when we were in the financial restriction years media would report we had over 100m to spend to rile the fans up when that obviously didn't happen, now they are reporting the lowest possible figure to get fans angry :lol:

I'm just numb to it all now. Just as we were about ready to really financially compete, after all the years of BS, we get a billionaire who wants to bleed to club.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
EVXZs5R.jpg

Good lord, what have we been doing over the past decade? Thanks, Gazidis.

field442

Trusted ⭐
EVXZs5R.jpg

Good lord, what have we been doing over the past decade? Thanks, Gazidis.

It only looks bad because our new commercial deals haven’t kicked in and they have for all the others (plus no champions league money). You can add £50m in commercial revenue to that figure with the new sponsorship/kit deals. If we make top 4 add another £20-30m. Doesn’t look so bad then does it?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom