• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ornstein on Arsecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Those defending Kroenke and the directors are traitors to Arsenal. This club is dead, under Kroenke, and is Americanal
Let's ban everyone on here who's ever praised him, starting with this guy:
Untitled.jpg

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yes they are on their way out now but it should have happened a year or two ago. How long did it take for us to push Joel Campbell out of the club? I mean who's to say we won't have problems selling Mustafi with the reported 90k pounds per week wages he's on? I think we'll be able to move some players on in the summer but I wouldn't bet my life on there being a fire sale

When you said "look how much trouble we had in the summer," I thought you meant last summer. But certainly Arsenal hasn't handled these things very well for years. Probably since Gazidis took over for Dein and Edelman, in all honesty.

But it certainly looks as though they'll find a solution for Özil and I think it's likely Mustafi will be gone as well. It shouldn't be difficult to move Koscielny or Nacho if they want to go and Elneny should be fairly straightforward as well. I think Sanllehi is more ruthless than anyone Arsenal has had -- maybe ever. He has a lot of experience in moving players from Barcelona.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Those defending Kroenke and the directors are traitors to Arsenal. This club is dead, under Kroenke, and is Americanal

If Arsenal were Americanal, pre-game ceremonies at The Emirates would look something like this: ;)

Just thinking, in all honesty, Aubameyang would be brilliant in the Apollo Creed segment of this scene as recreated at The Emirates. :lol:

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I posted this in Finances thread earlier today, thought I'd post it here.

Here is a list of money saved in wages by losing players in the summer. This will significantly increase our budget. Age and contract end date also shown) I haven't put a value for selling as it would be pure guesswork, this is just wages saved, although some wages will be added for new players and returning loanees. Maybe even a new contract for Guendouzi :)

Bold = Definitely going/Contract ends

Petr Cech 35 £100,000 2019-06-30
David Ospina 29 £40,000 2019-06-30
Aaron Ramsey 26 £110,000 2019-06-30
Calum Chambers 22 £25,000 Out on loan 2020-06-30
Stephan Lichtsteiner 34 £35,000 2019-06-30
Carl Jenkinson 25 £45,000 2018-05-31
Danny Welbeck 26 £70,000 2019-06-30

Total per week = £425,000
Per Annum = £22,100,000

Should or Could Go

Shkodran Mustafi 25 £90,000 2021-06-30
Mohamed Elneny 25 £55,000 2020-06-30
Henrikh Mkhitaryan 29 £180,000 2021-06-30
Mesut Özil 29 £350,000 2021-06-30
Alex Iwobi 21 £30,000 2020-06-30

Total per week = £705,000
Per Annum = £36,660,000

Total combined if all go:

Total per week = £1,130,000
Per Annum = £58,760,000

When you take into account that new players are rarely paid for upfront, the extra £58.76m saved is huge as it could be spread for buying 2 new top players. Its only when you look at these figures that you really see the problem with our wage bill. And then we have our actual budget to spend as well!

No excuses this summer!

Nice post mate but how comes you've included jenkinson and chambers in the list of definite outgoings?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Nice post mate but how comes you've included jenkinson and chambers in the list of definite outgoings?

Jenks contract is up this summer. Chambers is the only one I put on the list who could still be here, I decided to put him in that list as its likely he wont come back, not good enough as a CB for us and I don't see Emery wanting him in midfield. You're right though, he could be in the 2nd list.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Jenks contract is up this summer. Chambers is the only one I put on the list who could still be here, I decided to put him in that list as its likely he wont come back, not good enough as a CB for us and I don't see Emery wanting him in midfield. You're right though, he could be in the 2nd list.

Here until 2020 isn't he?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here until 2020 isn't he?

That's correct. His contract runs to 2020. I fully expect Arsenal to move Jenkinson on this summer rather than let him get into the final year of their contract, but there are no guarantees. Probably 9 chances out of 10 that he'll be leaving, especially if he can stay healthy the rest of the way.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That's correct. His contract runs to 2020. I fully expect Arsenal to move Jenkinson on this summer rather than let him get into the final year of their contract, but there are no guarantees. Probably 9 chances out of 10 that he'll be leaving, especially if he can stay healthy the rest of the way.

Gonna have to do some number juggling if we want a team to take on his 40/50k p/w contract for the last year. It's possible I guess but it might even be possible that the club sees it as better value if he's kept as backup if he performs well before end of t'season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Gonna have to do some number juggling if we want a team to take on his 40/50k p/w contract for the last year. It's possible I guess but it might even be possible that the club sees it as better value if he's kept as backup if he performs well before end of t'season.

Since it's his last year, it's possible he might take a lower salary in exchange for a few years. Just depends if he really wants to go somewhere where he can play and get his career on track of if it's that important to him to stay at Arsenal for another year. But if Arsenal is serious about not wanting to let players get into the final year of their contracts anymore, they certainly will try to move him, even if they have to be creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom