• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Emery knew about Guendouzi from PSG, Torreira was a big name in Serie A already and Mavropanos has done **** all to be considered any type of success.

All he really did was bring in a bunch of Dortmund players, we'd probably be signing Shinji Kagawa on loan right now if he had his way.
Emery only knew about Guendouzi because his team played against him once. Sven wanted him while he was at Dortmund. One is because of luck and the other is a consequence of great scouting.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Farewell Sven
open-uri20150422-20810-1h21b0t_06ca1f89.jpeg

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Hopefully, he's got one last deal in him today and we can announce a talent like Francisco Trincao.

A man can dream.

Just don't go to the bad guys, Sven.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Hope he's turned up today and put a shift in. Hate to think he's slacking off just because it's his last day.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why am I not surprised.

08/02/2018 It has been suggested to Sky Sports News that some differences of opinion with Spanish sporting director Sanllehi is just one of the reasons for Mislintat's departure, as well as a level of frustration over Arsenal's lack of financial firepower in the market. Arsenal were linked with some big-name players in the January window such as Perisic and Carrasco, but were only in a position to propose loan deals.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why am I not surprised.

08/02/2018 It has been suggested to Sky Sports News that some differences of opinion with Spanish sporting director Sanllehi is just one of the reasons for Mislintat's departure, as well as a level of frustration over Arsenal's lack of financial firepower in the market. Arsenal were linked with some big-name players in the January window such as Perisic and Carrasco, but were only in a position to propose loan deals.

:lol: The guy who has made his name unearthing players from random clubs all over the world, the guy whose remit would’ve been to find great bargains in the transfer market, was disappointed because we didn’t have £35m for Perisic. Find that REALLY hard to believe.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol: The guy who has made his name unearthing players from random clubs all over the world, the guy whose remit would’ve been to find great bargains in the transfer market, was disappointed because we didn’t have £35m for Perisic. Find that REALLY hard to believe.
Maybe he’s found out how little Kroenke’s willing to release next summer. We’ll have to wait for his autobiography, ‘Sven the going gets tough’ :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why am I not surprised.

Damage limitation in full effect.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
A lot of people understandably upset regarding Mislintat's departure, but I posit that he was likely not going to be the head of recruitment anymore anyway. He wanted the Technical Director role, and the reason he's leaving is because he wasn't considered for the role. I'd speculate there was a lack of conjunction between him and Raul as a result of that, so he's going in a different direction.

Likely, there was always going to be a new person heading up recruitment, but Sven would have been above that and into the role of Technical Director. Would that have sufficed?

It's a disappointing turn of events but I don't think it's a given that it will turn out bad. In fact, I'm actually quite optimistic.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I believe it, Perisic use to play for Dortmund which seems to be Sven's forte. I think he fell out with Raul cos we didn't want to spend 35 mil on Perisic, get Kagawa on loan and he probably wanted to get in a bidding war with Chelsea for Pulisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom