• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,339

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our budget is roughly £70 million as wages are included in the £100 million.

We need 6 players in my opinion. A GK, CB, LB, RB, CM and a winger.

I don't want to keep Kos or Monreal. I think they should both be sold along with Ospina, Mustafi, Chambers, Elneny and Özil. Takes us to around £100 million to spend.

There is no need to spend such a vast amount of money on a centre back. You do that if you have everything else in place and you can afford to spend your budget on one player. Until then we need to be smart.

GK: £5 million
LB: £15 million
RB: £15 million
CB: £20 million
CM: £30 million
Winger: £40 million

I would price it up like that.

You have to remember that transfer fees are almost always paid in instalments so when Ornstein quotes £100m, yes a portion will be for first year wages and agent fees however that is the amount we will spend in cash up front. That means we could very well buy close to £150m worth of talent in one window.

We've spent £100m in straight up cash for the last two seasons (2018 and 2017) and I can't see why we won't be around that figure (or potentially even more) for 2019.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You have to remember that transfer fees are almost always paid in instalments so when Ornstein quotes £100m, yes a portion will be for first year wages and agent fees however that is the amount we will spend in cash up front. That means we could very well buy close to £150m worth of talent in one window.

We've spent £100m in straight up cash for the last two seasons (2018 and 2017) and I can't see why we won't be around that figure (or potentially even more) for 2019.

I also expect to have some cash available from sales this summer. They'll find some way to unload Mustafi. Özil seems likely to be moved as well (although they may have to be creative and might have to sell him for a minimal fee because of his wages). I expect Elneny to be on the way out. Maybe others.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Wan-Bissaka's a gooner! Jesus I did not know that. F*ck, why can't he be a left-back? Him and Bellerin on each side would be the stuff of dreams, the sauce would be infinite. Infinite f*cking sauce.
I'd still take him in a heartbeat. Him and Bellerin would sort our RB spot for a decade.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I also expect to have some cash available from sales this summer. They'll find some way to unload Mustafi. Özil seems likely to be moved as well (although they may have to be creative and might have to sell him for a minimal fee because of his wages). I expect Elneny to be on the way out. Maybe others.

As you know we'll also be losing Ramsey who is on around 110-120k p/w, good chance that Welbeck leaves who is surely on 80-100k p/w, Cech is retiring who is also on around 100k p/w. It's not so much transfers fees but our wage bill that has been inhibiting us in recent times. Retooling the wage bill should be the top priority of the club. If Özil leaves, even getting 50% of his wages off the P&L is huge.

Reducing the wage bill + the increased commercial deals should give us plenty of room to invest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ajax will ask at least 70M euros surely

What’s that about 50M? Even if he runs down his contract after 4/5 years I’d still take it.

From what I’ve heard the lad is quality, a ball playing CB of next level ability. Dutch gooners is he all that?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whoever’s coming in, this team needs some overhaul. And if we have limited funds let’s buy in the right areas. It’s a mistake to spread it too thin.

With limited funds again we need to shift Lichsteiner, Mustafi and Kola and buy a top CB, young RB and young LB cover of Guendouzi quality. Play Monreal for another season, as he’s still a top LB.

If Emery is phasing out Özil, sell him and buy a top replacement for him and Ramsey.

And that’s your money gone. Wingers next year.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s that about 50M? Even if he runs down his contract after 4/5 years I’d still take it.

From what I’ve heard the lad is quality, a ball playing CB of next level ability. Dutch gooners is he all that?

You don't spend big money on a cb unless that is the only piece of the puzzle you need.

Deligt is good, but he does make mistakes. He has good distribution and is very strong in the air but he needs the right partner. I think we can probably spend 15 million on a completely unknown player and potentially have a better player. I think if you drop 50 million, you drop it on someone like Pepe.

ArsenalFever

I would personally like us to spend big on another striker to shift Lacazette and Aubameyang into gear, they have no gel, our potential and biggest chance of success lies here. I would deploy Lacazette into a wider role.
Creativity is a must, could of done with Wilshere atm. Watching us against Huddersfield was like watching a ring around a big hole in the centre where creativity was non existent. Seeing Iwobi on the ball is one of the most frustrating things as an Arsenal fan when it seems he has no one to play with.
I think solidifying our attack and midfield structure will improve our defence dramatically.

Vantastico

You don't spend big money on a cb unless that is the only piece of the puzzle you need.

Deligt is good, but he does make mistakes. He has good distribution and is very strong in the air but he needs the right partner. I think we can probably spend 15 million on a completely unknown player and potentially have a better player. I think if you drop 50 million, you drop it on someone like Pepe.

Just to paint the picture of what a talent he is, though, he became the youngest captain in Dutch professional football ever at Ajax and went on to win the Golden Boy Award in 2018. On top of that, his performance in the current Champions League campaign has been stellar, with Ajax ultimately drawing against Bayern both at home and away and nearly advancing as group leaders.

So, probably he's priced out of our range and looks to be Barcelona or Bayern-bound for those reasons. Also, 50m wouldn't nearly enough to get the job done. From what I read somewhere, Mino Raiola wants to make 20m off of a De Ligt transfer alone.

That kind of deal just isn't part of our business model, and it is unlikely that Raiola/De Ligt himself would prefer to choose us, unless we made an offer that neither of them could refuse. And as you said, we are just not that final piece away.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I would personally like us to spend big on another striker to shift Lacazette and Aubameyang into gear, they have no gel, our potential and biggest chance of success lies here. I would deploy Lacazette into a wider role.
Creativity is a must, could of done with Wilshere atm. Watching us against Huddersfield was like watching a ring around a big hole in the centre where creativity was non existent. Seeing Iwobi on the ball is one of the most frustrating things as an Arsenal fan when it seems he has no one to play with.
I think solidifying our attack and midfield structure will improve our defence dramatically.

Early contender for worst post of the year.

Malky

Established Member
giphy.gif

What the actual **** are you on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom