• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ibrahima Konate

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We’ve looked good with Holding, Sokratis and to an extent Koscielny. Koulibaly could be a van Dijk level signing for us.

Obviously Koulibaly should be the number 1 target. But I say realistic because he'll go for so so much.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Aubameyang came to Arsenal mostly because of his wage demand and at the time, we didn't have any competitor to sign him. The only one was AC Milan who refused to pay him the wage he was asking for. Provided that we can only offer "handsome salaries" and we follow the self-sustain policy, I don't see a real possibility for buying a big name with huge wage this summer unless Özil leaves ...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Aubameyang came to Arsenal mostly because of his wage demand and at the time, we didn't have any competitor to sign him. The only one was AC Milan who refused to pay him the wage he was asking for. Provided that we can only offer "handsome salaries" and we follow the self-sustain policy, I don't see a real possibility for buying a big name with huge wage this summer unless Özil leaves ...

The self-sustaining model really has no practical effect on the wages Arsenal can offer in the summer. The problem in January was that (due to several years of poor financial decisions by Gazidis) the wage bill was right at the limit allowed by the Premier League's Short-Term Cost Control rules. But that resets in summer and Arsenal can increase its wage bill by £7 million plus increases in commercial revenue, match day income and player sales. New deals with Adidas and Emirates will kick in this summer and several players will be off the books, including Ramsey, Welbeck, Lichtsteiner and Cech, so they'll have those wages. It's also likely other players will leave as the club rebuilds the squad for Emery. Most likely Özil will be one, but even if he isn't you might see Mustafi, Elneny and possibly even Koscielny and/or Nacho moving on. All the wages of players who leave will be available before Arsenal even needs to worry about STCC.

OSBK

Established Member
I have no idea who he is but im pretty sure after a few pints i will pronounce his name as kante so lets get him in

Newchange

Interested to see what happens with Konate this summer, kid has huge potential yet still raw. Upamecano is also doing well although he seems to possess quality of a CDM.

Malky

Established Member
Would rather it was Upamecano we were interested in, but he's clearly out our price range, so it is what it is.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Would rather it was Upamecano we were interested in, but he's clearly out our price range, so it is what it is.

Interestingly, on the CIES transfer value tracker Konate has been trending up and Upamecano down. At the moment there's not much difference in their market value based on their scientific methodology. Less than €5 million.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interestingly, on the CIES transfer value tracker Konate has been trending up and Upamecano down. At the moment there's not much difference in their market value based on their scientific methodology. Less than €5 million.

Do they release anything like how their oredictive values correlate with actual real world fees?

How good actually are their valuations?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Have to say watching this guy I really like him. Don't know what he's actually like because a 4 Min YouTube clip tells you nothing.

I love his comfort on the ball, passing, dribbling and pace

Top Bottom