• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,327

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't know about spending big on another striker lol, but I 100% agree with this.

The attack and the midfield structure suffer because Arsenal has defenders who Emery doesn't trust (thus 3 at the back) and who couldn't play the ball out of the back of a wet paper bag, much less through a pressing opponent.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Joachim Anderson is a CB at Sampdoria. He goes under the radar but highly rated in Serie A. My friend who tipped Torreira rates this fella highly and apparently Sp**s have shown an interest. De Light is out of our price range, Pavard has gone but this guy is attainable. We seem to have a good relationship with Sampdoria so let's try again imo.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Joachim Anderson is a CB at Sampdoria. He goes under the radar but highly rated in Serie A. My friend who tipped Torreira rates this fella highly and apparently Sp**s have shown an interest. De Light is out of our price range, Pavard has gone but this guy is attainable. We seem to have a good relationship with Sampdoria so let's try again imo.
heard the same

benjamin86

Established Member
Torunarigha seems like a talented defender from what I've seen, very quick as well, which I think is important for any cb that we look to sign.
Interesting sounds like he'd be a good option to play with Mav or Holding in the future.

A future Koulibaly type player?

Last edited:

TheEconomist

Established Member
Realistically we'll be looking at defenders a tier or two below De Ligt. If he happens to have an older brother who never quite made in in the big league, that's who we're more likely to buy

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just to paint the picture of what a talent he is, though, he became the youngest captain in Dutch professional football ever at Ajax and went on to win the Golden Boy Award in 2018. On top of that, his performance in the current Champions League campaign has been stellar, with Ajax ultimately drawing against Bayern both at home and away and nearly advancing as group leaders.

So, probably he's priced out of our range and looks to be Barcelona or Bayern-bound for those reasons. Also, 50m wouldn't nearly enough to get the job done. From what I read somewhere, Mino Raiola wants to make 20m off of a De Ligt transfer alone.

That kind of deal just isn't part of our business model, and it is unlikely that Raiola/De Ligt himself would prefer to choose us, unless we made an offer that neither of them could refuse. And as you said, we are just not that final piece away.

You can't bring out individual performances as a justification of his talent. He is a good young prospect but his talent is being blow way out of proportion.

Like any young defender he makes mistakes and has bad performances. The fact that he plays in Holland masks that. You cannot be a world class defender at 19. You need to make mistakes to learn from them in order to develop. That is what experience means and you need that to be a good defender.

Does he have potential? Yes. But can you pluck a 19 year old from obscurity and potentially have the same player if not better. I think you can.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Realistically we'll be looking at defenders a tier or two below De Ligt. If he happens to have an older brother who never quite made in in the big league, that's who we're more likely to buy

Arsenal has never signed that type of player. There are plenty of players below the superstar Barca/Real radar that will become amazing players.

I really want us to get CB signing right but the idea we have to do what Liverpool did and spend 70m is not right I don't think.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
quality player, sounds like a lot of money though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom