• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah, differences to be made between quality and results/achievement.

While I think Özil's easily one of the best players I've seen play for us, I don't think he's one of our greatest. Though still very important given what him signing for us meant at the time and what happened in the next couple of seasons.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has exceeded his talent and my expectations.

I will always expect Özil to give more. His talent deserves more. If he wins the Europa, I expect the League. If he wins the league, I will expect CL.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
On what basis?
On the basis of common logic. Ramsey for all his magnificent games tends to give you a 70-20-10% spread over a season.
70% of the time he is bang average. Not hopeless but just not what I expect from an Arsenal player. Though having said that if we finish outside of the top 4 once more then I am reconsidering our status to 'not a top 4 team', Ergo Aaron walks into it every time.
20% of the time he plays beautifully and makes us look a level up.
10% of the time he is injured.
You never know which Aaron you're getting.
Özil has been well below his norm this season. He's been consistently average with one or two stand out performances.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ramsey has exceeded his talent and my expectations.

I will always expect Özil to give more. His talent deserves more. If he wins the Europa, I expect the League. If he wins the league, I will expect CL.
From one player? Wow, talk about unrealistic expectations.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Over the course of the last 4 seasons, hands down no contest.
Do you really feel like that?
to me Özil´s consistency is very questionable, he had fantastic games with us BUT where is his fantastic season?

both players had problems with staying fit, I would say Ramsey gets stronger with a run of games under his belt, Özil looks tired after a run of games under his belt.

I dont know....
i still Feel we are going to sorely miss Ramsey while we are not going to really miss Özil. Even when the German is the "better player".

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

very debatable.

Nope not really , Ramsey has had a great 2013/2014 and the he had a decent season last season . Everything in between has been average at best ., Fact that Eleny made us better in midfield replacing Ramsey says how badly he played . Was the same the season before when Santi replaced him in mid and that turned our season around .

For whatever reason he'd completely lost the art on how to play midfield for those two seasons .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Do you really feel like that?
to me Özil´s consistency is very questionable, he had fantastic games with us BUT where is his fantastic season?

both players had problems with staying fit, I would say Ramsey gets stronger with a run of games under his belt, Özil looks tired after a run of games under his belt.

I dont know....
i still Feel we are going to sorely miss Ramsey while we are not going to really miss Özil. Even when the German is the "better player".

I spent plenty of time defending Ramsey but for two seasons he was horrendous in midfield , very good on the right but in midfield ..... I'm not sure what happened but he was replaceable bad .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From one player? Wow, talk about unrealistic expectations.
not from him, but from AFC in particulat, and him as a leader/player.

He did get us three FA cups (with Ramsey and Alexis and Welbeck and OG and Kos), so expecting him to challenge for higher honours with better teammates would be logical, not unrealistic.

Jae

Fair play to Ramsey, probably best for all concerned. Hopefully Juve don't end up in an Özil situation where they have an underperforming player on massive wages that they can't shift.

blaze_of_glory

Over the course of the last 4 seasons, hands down no contest.
Like you've said before, Ramsey is a moments player who can make truly great moments.

The times he's actually been able to be consistent over long runs of games he's been one of the dominant players in the league. But he's not consistently been consistent.

Özil performed at a consistently high level in terms over overall play from the time he signed up until the end of last season, with the only exception really being the first few months following the 2014 WC win. Which was also when Wenger put him out on the wing trying to squeeze him, Ramsey and Wilshere all on the field at once.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Like you've said before, Ramsey is a moments player who can make truly great moments.

The times he's actually been able to be consistent over long runs of games he's been one of the dominant players in the league. But he's not consistently been consistent.

Özil performed at a consistently high level in terms over overall play from the time he signed up until the end of last season, with the only exception really being the first few months following the 2014 WC win. Which was also when Wenger put him out on the wing trying to squeeze him, Ramsey and Wilshere all on the field at once.
People fail to see how big him and Alexis were for us, and how big he still is.

Easy to slag him off now when we have won three out of the last 4 fa cups or whatever. If we hadn't won those we would have been sucking TottenShams dcik by now. Probably West Hams too.

All this cockyness is due to the two of them coming in and blasting us back in to the big names.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That doesn't change the fact that he is in decline and his best days are behind him.
He did have great career and most of it was outside of Arsenal, but he is not that player anymore and lacks work ethic to compensate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom