• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Malky

Established Member
It is too early to tell. People wrote De Gea off after his first season here...

At the moment they both look way below average. We got what we paid for and that is very very below average goalkeeper. Hopefully Leno can improve next season!
United didn't pay £72M for De Gea tho, they paid a fair transfer fee for a young keeper with massive potential. Chelsea paid an inflated fee for a keeper who should be the complete player, someone that wins them games and has world class performances - not someone they'll hope comes good and fills the potential. They've massively ****ed up with that transfer.

Leno, other than crosses, has had a solid first season in the Premiership. Hard to really judge him with such a horror show of a defence infront of him.

Last edited:

United didn't pay £72M for De Gea tho, they paid a fair transfer fee for a young keeper with massive potential. Chelsea paid an inflated fee for a keeper who should be the complete player, someone that wins them games and has world class performances - not someone they'll hope comes good and fills the potential. They've massively ****ed up with that transfer.

Leno, other than crosses, has had a solid first season in the Premiership. Hard to really judge him with such a horror show of a defence infront of him.

De Gea would easilt have gone for 60+ M last summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Abramovich even able to go to matches anymore?

What happened with that VISA thing where he had to become an Israeli citizen?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Is Abramovich even able to go to matches anymore?

What happened with that VISA thing where he had to become an Israeli citizen?

Abramovich can enter the U.K. on a visitor visa to attend games, but can't work in the U.K. He withdrew his application to renew his investors visa because the U.K. tightened the process and now requires applicants to demonstrate where they got their wealth (a move aimed at Putin's kleptocrats). That's something Abramovich isn't going to do.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I always liked Conte, hope he takes over from Emery in the summer!
I'm a big fan. Would love Arsenal to be managed by him. He is an incredible manager.

Criticise Emery's style, then you want Conte as manager? Makes sense. :rofl:
Conte's style I personally like a lot but similar to Emery he is over reliant on his own blueprint and unlike him he is not willing to be flexible or adaptive to situations.

I don't wanna pretend that I know Conte but I imagine he will drop Mustafi as early as first game next season!
You can't ever tell with Conte. Bonucci was an absolute clown of the highest order before Conte came to Juve and turned him into one of the best CBs.

The big problem with Conte is his choice and liking of players. He'd favour the sort of player nobody likes or rates as long he fits what he wants out of them. He strangely prefers **** strikers over good ones for example.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In addition to their poverty player recruitment people need to make more about Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku.

That Lukaku sale to Everton was particularly heinous as Mourinho then pushed to get a beyond past it Drogba on a free as a replacement.

The sales of Salah and De Bruyne were unbelievable to me at the time as well. They keep those three alongside Hazard and they’d probably be favourites for most league titles. Whoever their head of recruitment is should be sacked yesterday.

Also props to Jose for completely killing their future.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In addition to their poverty player recruitment people need to make more about Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku.

That Lukaku sale to Everton was particularly heinous as Mourinho then pushed to get a beyond past it Drogba on a free as a replacement.

The sales of Salah and De Bruyne were unbelievable to me at the time as well. They keep those three alongside Hazard and they’d probably be favourites for most league titles. Whoever their head of recruitment is should be sacked yesterday.

Also props to Jose for completely killing their future.
De Bruyne maybe but I think Salah is the player he is because of the manager he is currently playing for.
Style and tactics make a huge difference for players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

De Bruyne maybe but I think Salah is the player he is because of the manager he is currently playing for.
Style and tactics make a huge difference for players.

He’s hit a new level it’s true but he was still a one goal in two player for Roma. He’d still be Chelsea’s best player easily for me.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Sarri has never won a trophy and he has been a manager since 1990. He's been sacked quite a few times. His reputation is weird. He got some team promoted in lower divisions, just an Italian Tony Pulis.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom