• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A decade servant for the club! Some brilliance moments! Think he could have been even better player without that horrific injury at Stoke.

I have nothing but respect for this brilliant brilliant player! Looking forward to maybe catch a game or two with Juventus next season!

Aevi

Hale End FC
And then there was one...

DzJhvgfWsAAKaIW.jpg

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Isn't the 400k/week including the signing on bonus? Press about contracts don't really include that in the per week installments - they usually separate them at least for English teams (this is the only league I follow). Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Yet Juve goes further on Europe than any of those SPL teams.

I was talking about the league not Europe. But seeing as you mention it Juventus have won the same amount of European trophies in the last 10 years that those SPL teams have - zero.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I was talking about the league not Europe. But seeing as you mention it Juventus have won the same amount of European trophies in the last 10 years that those SPL teams have - zero.
Ok well how is the SPL not a farmers league since only two teams always seem to win. Do you honestly believe its more competitive than the Italian league or are you just trying to downplay it because of the post? The man has a point. Juve does what it takes to keep winning. We dont. Not for the past couple of years anyway.
Hey hey leave the SPFL out of this.
I didnt bring them in. Lol.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

From Ornstein:

'Arsenal did present Ramsey with the offer of a new deal in September but it was turned down and the club were not prepared to meet his salary demands.

Head coach Unai Emery had reservations about Ramsey's role in his squad.

Ramsey's desire to play as a number eight, running on to the ball from an advanced central midfield position, clashed with Emery's vision.

Emery does not usually deploy a number eight, meaning the Welshman has mainly been used in a strict deeper role without license to roam or in the number 10 position with his back to goal.'

Interesting.

Sounds like more Club guff . They were happy to let it be known they didn't want him , it's damage control because Juve obviously rate him highly.

DasBootist

Sounds like more Club guff . They were happy to let it be known they didn't want him , it's damage control because Juve obviously rate him highly.
Ramsey is a top class player who was misused by Wenger for several seasons, thus affecting the average supporter's perception of him. I believe he'll become a resounding success in Turin, a view shared by the hierarchy in Juventus.

Luckily we have three excellent central midfielders to offset this loss.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
For some reason I haven't been able to post today because the reply box hasn't been there. I finally went to my preferences and unchecked the rich text thing and have this simple box without all the bells and whistles. Anyone else having this problem? Strange.

Anyway, congrats to Ramsey on his new contract. I wish him the best (even if I'm not particularly a Juve fan).

I can't -- and don't -- however, believe Juve is going to pay him £400,000 a week. I mean, that's what you pay an Mbappe or a Neymar. Surely this is one time when Ornstein has things messed up. Maybe somebody in the club fed him some wrong info to make people think "wow, no wonder Arsenal didn't sign him." DiMarzio is reporting €7.5 million net, which makes a whole lot more sense.

Anyway, some very nice words for Arsenal fans from Aaron today. Hopefully he'll be in top form for the rest of his Arsenal career and go out on a high.

Manberg

Predator
I don't think it's that surprising for Ramsey to get £400k a week. He's a top quality player and he's going for free so rather than a hefty transfer fee, him and his agent pocket the money.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

For some reason I haven't been able to post today because the reply box hasn't been there. I finally went to my preferences and unchecked the rich text thing and have this simple box without all the bells and whistles. Anyone else having this problem? Strange.

Anyway, congrats to Ramsey on his new contract. I wish him the best (even if I'm not particularly a Juve fan).

I can't -- and don't -- however, believe Juve is going to pay him £400,000 a week. I mean, that's what you pay an Mbappe or a Neymar. Surely this is one time when Ornstein has things messed up. Maybe somebody in the club fed him some wrong info to make people think "wow, no wonder Arsenal didn't sign him." DiMarzio is reporting €7.5 million net, which makes a whole lot more sense.

Anyway, some very nice words for Arsenal fans from Aaron today. Hopefully he'll be in top form for the rest of his Arsenal career and go out on a high.

It's before tax though so , 250 k according to Marcotti , nice contract whichever way you look at it .

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's before tax though so , 250 k according to Marcotti , nice contract whichever way you look at it .

No, €7.5 million after tax (what Di Marzio reported) would be about £126,000 a week, which before tax would be roughly the £250,000 that Marcotti was talking about. In fact Marcotti even said that £250k seems a lot more plausible than £400k.

It's also, by the way, exactly what Ramsey was reported to be asking of Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom