• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I miss Giroud. I'd be willing to take him back if he would accept being a squad player role.

giphy.gif

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
Why? Both are limited players.
It's like saying an all-out defender who marshals his defence brilliantly is a limited player because he can't dribble past players like prime Ronaldo. Auba is a striker and his goal record is world class wherever he has played. The players behind are supposed to create/defend and he is supposed to finish. I do, however, agree that Laca can be a tad underwhelming and his goal record is not superb.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's like saying an all-out defender who marshals his defence brilliantly is a limited player because he can't dribble past players like prime Ronaldo. Auba is a striker and his goal record is world class wherever he has played. The players behind are supposed to create/defend and he is supposed to finish. I do, however, agree that Laca can be a tad underwhelming and his goal record is not superb.
God bless you.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Rashford is comfortably better than Auba and Laca.

Nah....Disagree. Rashford is good player but he would be lucky if he reaches half of Auba's goals tally when he is 28/29 yr old.
He is overhyped as well simply because he is English as they always look for the next big thing. He was even compared to KMB ffs, that was pure delusion.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Despite his "improvements" Xhaka still needs to be sold in the summer and Xhaka-Torreira remains a flawed partnership like Coq-Santi was because one player is covering for the other's flaws rather than two great players making each other even stronger like Petit-Vieira or Keane-Scholes.

In fact, we're trying to carry too many flawed players as is, no footballer is perfect but a lot of our guys need to be carried too much for a club of our stature. If you can't play well unless you have the "perfect" partner next to you, then you need to get gone.

The best perform no matter who is next to them. If Xhaka needs Torreira holding his hand every 2 minutes then he isn't good enough. Only at Arsenal do we try our best to carry flawed players instead of moving them on.

EDIT:
To give an example of a player who always performs to a high standard (or used to when he wasn't in decline), Koscielny. Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Mustafi, Monreal, whoever. Kos always put in a certain level of performance. Yes he was at his best with Mertesacker but his performances didn't fall off a cliff when he was paired with someone else.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom