• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adrien Rabiot

Newchange

Would the signing of Rabiot stunt the development of Guendouzi who has shown real quality at such a young age?

ChefMan21

Would the signing of Rabiot stunt the development of Guendouzi who has shown real quality at such a young age?
No, I don't think so. In a lot of ways I think Henry, Bergkamp and Anelka pushed each other to perform - and perform together. Competition is good because it minimises complacency.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We do need a good box to box and so if he ticks that box then I am all up for it. Good box to box ball carriers are very crucial in making a team tick. A prime JW10, Anderson and even Aston Villa's Fabian Delph are good examples of players whose ability to ball carry and dribble made a lot of difference for their teams in transitioning from defence to attack.

It's also nice to have a player with a **** attitude who messes up the opposition! Imagine having your very own Diego Costa who messes up everyone else's day! Pretty cool, huh?

Rabiot wants to be a box to box but he is a terrible box to box. He's basically a Henderson that's good on the ball, his passing is poor and he ruins the team's attack. It is quite unusual that Ramsey is not good enough to deserve a big fat contract for us, yet Rabiot somehow does.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
For free? Sign him up, rather give him a big sign on fee than salary. So we can sell him easy if he doesnt fit. Easy money

OSBK

Established Member

No the signing of rabiot puts a rocket up xhaka's ass and give us real strength in depth. I still think xhaka is bayern bound at some point, rabiot in makes so much sense for the club.

Zaza

No thanks. More creativity is what we need not another b2b mid. Fornals, etc should be what we're after. Would rather fit Özil in than pay this guy anywhere close to 300k per week.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surely he's not actually asking for 300k a week, no club will meet those demands, not on this continent anyways.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Give him 10m and a healthy contract. Could see Juve jumping at this on a free though.

say yes

forum master baiter
Surely he's not actually asking for 300k a week, no club will meet those demands, not on this continent anyways.

giphy.gif

Rabiot wants to be a box to box but he is a terrible box to box. He's basically a Henderson that's good on the ball, his passing is poor and he ruins the team's attack. It is quite unusual that Ramsey is not good enough to deserve a big fat contract for us, yet Rabiot somehow does.
Haven't caught him play enough to be able to make a judgement.

Btw, its kinda funny how everyone here has had mixed feelings in relation to Ramsey. At some point, going by this forum someone who's never watched football would conclude that he is the ****tiest player in our team and later conlude that he is the best!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Is this actually a thing or just paper speculation? This feels like one of those rumours that spreads and is put forward as though it’s fact. Emery often played him ahead of Motta and Veratti (as an 8) as well.

Last edited:

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Just remind me the time Theo wants to be the central forward. Rabiot's best performance was with Emery as DM. But I think we may still be able to offer Xaka position to him. It's not puely DM nor purely b2b.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Is this actually a thing or just paper speculation? This feels like one of those rumours that spreads and is put forward as though it’s fact. Emery often played him ahead of Motta and Veratti (as an 8) as well.

I figure if Ornstein says Arsenal is interested, they are. And if Arsenal is interested, the relationship between Emery and Rabiot surely must be good. It would be like Mourinho taking the Real Madrid job again and trying to sign Pogba. There's always a lot of crap spread around out there to generate clicks on websites, so if Arsenal wants the guy that's good enough for me. There's no doubt he's a supremely talented player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I liked Rabiot from about 3/4 years ago but last season in the CL,he wet himself without Motta there to hold his hand. We need a leader in midfield not a player who goes missing or won't follow instructions. Based on talent-yes. Character-not sure.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I figure if Ornstein says Arsenal is interested, they are. And if Arsenal is interested, the relationship between Emery and Rabiot surely must be good. It would be like Mourinho taking the Real Madrid job again and trying to sign Pogba. There's always a lot of crap spread around out there to generate clicks on websites, so if Arsenal wants the guy that's good enough for me. There's no doubt he's a supremely talented player.

It is a proven fact that people at the top of our club are deluded and live in their own world, which is why you end up with nonsense like us thinking we can get Perisic on loan. If Rabiot thinks joining Tottenham is beneath him you think he would be more interested in joining us?

DasBootist

No, I don't think so. In a lot of ways I think Henry, Bergkamp and Anelka pushed each other to perform - and perform together. Competition is good because it minimises complacency.
Can't believe nobody has corrected you yet. Henry and Anelka never played together at Arsenal.

Don't rewrite history to back up your argument.

Top Bottom