• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,080
  • Views 804,504

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

City's titles don't mean much anyway, only goes to show that money can turn a sh*t team into a great team.

Yes, they play great football, but they won't ever be remembered like the Invincibles or Leicester who built a team with 20M and won the title. Those are the real stories.

The likes of Firmino, Salah and Mane have been linked with moves to big teams abroad. Right now they're happy to stay but the longer they go without winning a major trophy, the more likely they are to have their heads turned. Losing players of that calibre will drag Liverpool down and make it easier for us to compete in the future. Same reason why Hazard leaving is good for us, and why it would've been great if Pogba/Martial had been driven out by Mourinho.
Without that group of players the level of competition and quality seriously deteriorates on the league, ultimately making the league a **** league! I'd rather they just stay and improve their respective teams and in turn force our hand into improving in order to catch them.
Regarding Pool being crowned champions, I recon that would be a good thing considering that's the direction we want to take as a club and would be heading that way had we been shrewder in handling our business.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Without that group of players the level of competition and quality seriously deteriorates on the league, ultimately making the league a **** league! I'd rather they just stay and improve their respective teams and in turn force our hand into improving in order to catch them.
The league didn't go to **** when United sold Ronaldo. Rivals getting weaker is always a good thing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would say just from feeling that around 60% football fans in Iceland are Liverpool fans, 30% United fans and the rest is split between Arsenal and the teams Eiður Smári played for.

I wouldn't hear end of it if Liverpool win the league. They are still talking about when they last time won it.
Did they win it after the PL was formed?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Aah. Kept trying to recall it.

I think Fowler was still playing when they won it the last time. Gotta fire up Google for research now

No chance Fowler was, I don’t think they’ve won it since the 80’s off the top of my head.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I would say just from feeling that around 60% football fans in Iceland are Liverpool fans, 30% United fans and the rest is split between Arsenal and the teams Eiður Smári played for.

I wouldn't hear end of it if Liverpool win the league. They are still talking about when they last time won it.
You're Icelandic now?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The likes of Firmino, Salah and Mane have been linked with moves to big teams abroad. Right now they're happy to stay but the longer they go without winning a major trophy, the more likely they are to have their heads turned. Losing players of that calibre will drag Liverpool down and make it easier for us to compete in the future. Same reason why Hazard leaving is good for us, and why it would've been great if Pogba/Martial had been driven out by Mourinho.
I think you're being a bit optimistic if you think them missing out on the title this season is going to ruin them as a club... They've gone 30 years without the title and they still attract decent players and have an absolutely massive global fanbase.
We've achieved far more than they have in recent years yet our club has a negative atmosphere 80% of the time and their fanbase is well known for the "it's our year" line...
In terms of players, they still bring in big names. They just signed arguably the best CB in world football on the back of how many title-less seasons.. Yes they lost Coutinho and Suarez but even United in their prime were losing their big players to those clubs. Winning titles did nothing to sway that

I think you probably have better reasoning. If so, I'm all ears.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Anyone who wants Liverpool to win the league clearly doesn't personally know any Liverpool fans.

One of my best mates who usually doesn't really follow football has been texting me every Liverpool match since November just because they're winning a lot this season. It's infuriating and if they win the league then the "fans" will come crawling out the woodwork in their millions. It will be unbearable.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I know plenty of Liverpool fans personally, they are pretty much like we are -- starved for success. If we ever become good again, people are going to say the same for us.

DasBootist

I know plenty of Liverpool fans personally, they are pretty much like we are -- starved for success. If we ever become good again, people are going to say the same for us.
Please don't relate Liverpool supporters to gooners again. One major difference between us and them is we don't tend to have that charming self-entitlement they have.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Please don't relate Liverpool supporters to gooners again. One major difference between us and them is we don't tend to have that charming self-entitlement they have.
We're the same, we just haven't had any chance to show it recently. Even now you can see the arrogance of Arsenal fans trying to downplay the success of Liverpool/Sp**s because of a few FA Cup wins, just imagine how insufferable the same people would be if we actually challenged for the league.

We're the same, both sets of fans haven't had any real success for a long time despite being fans of massive clubs and it's really highlighted when these teams get good.

DasBootist

We're the same, we just haven't had any chance to show it recently. Even now you can see the arrogance of Arsenal fans trying to downplay the success of Liverpool/Sp**s because of a few FA Cup wins, just imagine how insufferable the same people would be if we actually challenged for the league.

We're the same, both sets of fans haven't had any real success for a long time despite being fans of massive clubs and it's really highlighted when these teams get good.
You and Makingtrax are forcing me to explain quite basic principles, but I have a week off from work so I'll indulge you. I live and work in London where I encounter Arsenal supporters on a daily basis. Not a single one has downplayed the non-existent success of said teams because of a few FA cups (an actual trophy).

The vast majority are a humble lot, which goes against your initial post to which I replied.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You and Makingtrax are forcing me to explain quite basic principles, but I have a week off from work so I'll indulge you. I live and work in London where I encounter Arsenal supporters on a daily basis. Not a single one has downplayed the non-existent success of said teams because of a few FA cups (an actual trophy).

The vast majority are a humble lot, which goes against your initial post to which I replied.
Thanks for proving my point :lol:

Top Bottom