• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Look at the some of the talent they've picked up though:
DzMyTGqVAAAn8Py.jpg

Someone's trying to stop you from spreading the squad cost gosepl on here.
Dafuq is Llorente doing in that picture.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’d say it’s more likely the £400k figure is including a signing on fee and incentives while Di Marzio’s figure is probably the real “basic” wage. Ramsey’s agent has probably leaked that figure to Ornstein to make himself look the dogs bollocks. What Ramsey eventually earns pre tax is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

As a comparison Emre Can got £7m a year and a £14m signing on fee. That’s roughly £10.5m per year averaged out over the length of the contract or £200k per week before tax.

DiMarzio says the signing on fee for Ramsey is €3.7 million, payable July 10. Translating that to British pounds, that would just be about £15,500 per week over the four year contract. Still about £134,000 per week short of £400,000 when added up. DiMarzio's figures make a whole lot more sense.

Just about everyone outside the U.K. is reporting the same figure as DiMarzio. It seems to be mostly British outlets reporting the silly figure.

I can't do links because the forum is messed up for me and I can only post without the rich text function, but here is DiMarzio's English language report:

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juventus-announce-ramseys-signing-the-details-annual-salary

(Edit: Ah, it did the link for me!)

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Basically 90% of the elite clubs were interested.

Clubs are always interested in free players in these days of Financial Fair Play. That doesn't mean they're necessarily prepared to pay out the nose for them. Arsenal was interested in keeping him, but the cost benefit analysis led them to conclude that it was a better idea to let him go.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
DiMarzio says the signing on fee for Ramsey is €3.7 million, payable July 10. Translating that to British pounds, that would just be about £15,500 per week over the four year contract. Still about £134,000 per week short of £400,000 when added up. DiMarzio's figures make a whole lot more sense.

Just about everyone outside the U.K. is reporting the same figure as DiMarzio. It seems to be mostly British outlets reporting the silly figure.

I can't do links because the forum is messed up for me and I can only post without the rich text function, but here is DiMarzio's English language report:

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juventus-announce-ramseys-signing-the-details-annual-salary

(Edit: Ah, it did the link for me!)

Well then I can only conclude Di Marzio is way off with his salary. Emre Can got a €16m signing on fee and €5m after tax on a four year contract. That would mean he’s being paid €4m more than Ramsey over the length of their contracts. Highly unlikely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Get a grip that’s over a 10 year period.

What are you trying to prove, that we should be challenging City’s £900m+ squad because our £400m+ squad should be higher because we got Kola and Lich on a free.

Here’s our two benches at the weekend. QED

City subs bench . . . Sane, Silva, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus

Arsenal subs bench. . . . Elneny, Willock, Nketiah, Mavrop, Lich

:)

field442

Trusted ⭐
Get a grip that’s over a 10 year period.

What are you trying to prove, that we should be challenging City’s £900m+ squad because our £400m+ squad should be higher because we got Kola and Lich on a free.

Here’s our two benches at the weekend. QED

City subs bench . . . Sane, Silva, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus

Arsenal subs bench. . . . Elneny, Willock, Nketiah, Mavrop, Lich

:)

Not like me to play devils advocate but they have no injuries. If we didn’t have any injuries our bench could’ve had Ramsey, Özil, Xhaka, Sokratis, Aubameyang, Bellerin and Welbeck.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well then I can only conclude Di Marzio is way off with his salary. Emre Can got a €16m signing on fee and €5m after tax on a four year contract. That would mean he’s being paid €4m more than Ramsey over the length of their contracts. Highly unlikely.

Less unlikely than paying Ramsey £400,000 a week.

Part of the €16 million for Can was agent fees, per the club announcement. The Guardian reported that Can himself would get a significant signing on fee and £85,000 a week.

Besides, the players are of similar quality. In fact, Can has probably been better over the past few seasons. And he's younger.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not like me to play devils advocate but they have no injuries. If we didn’t have any injuries our bench could’ve had Ramsey, Özil, Xhaka, Sokratis, Aubameyang, Bellerin and Welbeck.
No mate they would have played. And people like AMN, Iwobi, Mustafi and Kola might have dropped to the subs bench. Ramsey is leaving and Özil seems to be eternally injured or sick these days like Vincent Company.

It doesn’t improve things that much, I suggest you look at their’s again.

Beast Incarnate

Seriously, in Ramsey's 11 years here, how much of it to you think he was fit and in form?

He had that 6 month purple patch a few years ago. A couple of good months last season. Maybe a couple before that?

I reckon about 2 years of those 11 were Ramsey in form and match fit. The rest he was either injured, or recovering from injury, trying to get match sharpness.

field442

Trusted ⭐
No mate they would have played. And people like AMN, Iwobi, Mustafi and Kola might have dropped to the subs bench. Ramsey is leaving and Özil seems to be eternally injured or sick these days like Vincent Company.

It doesn’t improve things that much, I suggest you look at their’s again.

Özil is out of favour and Ramsey leaving is neither here nor there when your point was about current benches. With a fully fit squad like City currently have (excluding the cripple Kompany) our bench would probably be Cech, Mustafi/Holding, Guendouzi, Welbeck, Özil, Suarez, Ramsey. Not as good as City’s but not half as bad as you made it seem in your post.

You make decent points so I don’t know why you undermine them by being disingenuous.

Beast Incarnate

In 11 years here, Ramsey scored 38 league goals. That's an average of about 3-4 goals a season. He also 46 assists in that time, an average of about 4 a season.

You have to take off the nostalgia glasses and realise that in the cold light of day, Ramsey's demands didn't represent a good return of investment.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Because he was free.

You only have to go back a few months when a lot of posters here thought no good teams would be interested even on a free :lol:

It's weird how when their perception of Ramsey has been proven completely false, instead of admitting they were wrong, people just try to find new ways to spin it and move the goalposts.

LGooner98

I wish him well. He will link up with old gunner szczesny and play alongside C Ronaldo. Very likely he will win the league title and probably some othet trophies. Well, it’s definitely better than siting on the Arsenal bench.
It really makes me sick when elenny , mustafi and jenko are still hanging around while the club decide to let Ramsey go. Very likely we will also lose Özil and welbz in the summer.

blaze_of_glory

In 11 years here, Ramsey scored 38 league goals. That's an average of about 3-4 goals a season. He also 46 assists in that time, an average of about 4 a season.

You have to take off the nostalgia glasses and realise that in the cold light of day, Ramsey's demands didn't represent a good return of investment.
He's our highest scoring midfielder ever. And missed over an entire season through injury (maybe this is a knock against him, but also means your numbers don't mean much).

Whenever people start talking about goals/assists in a single competition rather than overall, you just know they're trying to spin something.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Özil is out of favour and Ramsey leaving is neither here nor there when your point was about current benches. With a fully fit squad like City currently have (excluding the cripple Kompany) our bench would probably be Cech, Mustafi/Holding, Guendouzi, Welbeck, Özil, Suarez, Ramsey. Not as good as City’s but not half as bad as you made it seem in your post.

You make decent points so I don’t know why you undermine them by being disingenuous.
I agree our benches would be closer if we had no injuries. But for about 12 years or more we’ve lurched from one injury crisis to another at this club, year after year. And nothing’s changed. And when the calibre of your squad drops off rapidly, after just so many players, this is what happens. Those benches I posted were real not hypothetical and Kompany has played 14 matches this season, Özil 18 . . . so not a lot in that.

trippyhippy

Really doubt ramsey is on 400k a week at juve. ornstein is pretty much a mouthpiece for the club and it would make sense for the club to tell him to say that he is earning 400k. makes arsenal look reasonable and justified in not offering a new contract if this is what he wanted. 250k is more reasonable according to other italian sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom