• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Love the way people keep talking about Özil as if he’s some kind of superstar who’s going to single-handedly drag this team to victories.

Hasn’t the defence of his mediocre performances during the last few seasons been that he’s not that kind of player and we’re expecting too much of him?

Emery’s not here to mollycoddle under-performing players who aren’t willing to put the work in.
It was always convenient sh!t built on a solid foundation cognitive dissonance. He's our leader, our talisman and our superstar on the odd occasion he played like it, but when he was tottering about having no impact, he 'wasn't that type'.

What a load of bullshit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine saying Özil is rubbish and past it etc, then complaining every week about why we start Iwobi and Mhkitaryan. Our fan base is laughable.
Very few would argue he's 'rubbish'. He is a world class talent. It's arguable, though, whether we'd be dong better had he...er.. been present, shall we say, because I'm not even sure of the reasons for his absences anymore tbh.

Of course he's a better player than both of those.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery will start Özil on next 3 home games because we'll look to be more offensive i hope Özil preform 2 from these 3 games

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery will start Özil on next 3 home games because we'll look to be more offensive i hope Özil preform 2 from these 3 games

Here’s what will happen. The first game he’ll look a bit **** and people will say he needs to regain fitness. The second game he’ll look better but drift in and out of the game and people will say he’s getting sharper, still little bit rusty. In the third game he’ll look average and people will say it’s Emery’s tactics.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Here’s what will happen. The first game he’ll look a bit **** and people will say he needs to regain fitness. The second game he’ll look better but drift in and out of the game and people will say he’s getting sharper, still little bit rusty. In the third game he’ll look average and people will say it’s Emery’s tactics.

Emery's tactics are ****, tho. You, yourself keep bashing them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery's tactics are ****, tho. You, yourself keep bashing them.

I bash the 5 at the back and playing an extra defender instead of someone in the middle. If Özil is back in the team we’ll more than likely be playing 4-2-3-1 with Özil behind the striker which is what everyone wants to see and what everyone thinks will solve the issues in terms of creativity. If it doesn’t Emery will still get the blame.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Tbh I don’t think Mesut will play anymore. If he does, he won’t get a string of games. No player is superman, everyone needs time, he’s been out more than in. Keep making up arguments and counter arguments to fit your agenda, at the end of the day this is a ****ty situation that isn’t good for the player or the club and we don’t know who to blame so we blame everyone. This saga can be resolved, but it doesn’t fill me with confidence about our future.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

When was Özil's the last decent run of form .... I'm thinking 2017??

2017 is very generous, I think maybe toward the end of 16/17 season but that was only like 3/4 games. If you want longer than that it was maybe around the time he scored 4 goals in 2 games against the Bulgarian farmers also scored vs Chelsea in that period. 2015 was the last time he had a prolonged run of consistent performances that last more than a few weeks. For 4 months he was the best player in the league, and if he was on these kind of wages back then you wouldn't really complain that much. But he's living off of what he did in the past now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I bash the 5 at the back and playing an extra defender instead of someone in the middle. If Özil is back in the team we’ll more than likely be playing 4-2-3-1 with Özil behind the striker which is what everyone wants to see and what everyone thinks will solve the issues in terms of creativity. If it doesn’t Emery will still get the blame.

Even with 4 at the back he would play 3 DM's, so doubt it would help much.

People would sympathize with him more if he played our best players and played attacking football. Don't think playing 4231 or any formation for that matter would solve all issues anyway.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
2017 is very generous, I think maybe toward the end of 16/17 season but that was only like 3/4 games. If you want longer than that it was maybe around the time he scored 4 goals in 2 games against the Bulgarian farmers also scored vs Chelsea in that period. 2015 was the last time he had a prolonged run of consistent performances that last more than a few weeks. For 4 months he was the best player in the league, and if he was on these kind of wages back then you wouldn't really complain that much. But he's living off of what he did in the past now.

And yet people consistently refer to him as our best player. They really need to qualify that statement with “in theory” or “on paper”

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

And yet people consistently refer to him as our best player. They really need to qualify that statement with “in theory” or “on paper”

Lmao. Let me know how long it's been since Iwobi and Mhki have been consistent and putting up better numbers than Özil? Why are people pretending that Özil is being replaced by far superior players?

Yes he's not worth 350k, but he's better than the players who currently take his games. Yes some games he doesn't suit but it's clear some games he does.

It's just poor management all round and I can't wait till he leaves now so these boring arguments end.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah your memory must've gone to ****.

He was incredible at times last season, even some of his haters said it was some of the best football he's ever played for us.

He was great last season and there's no amount of revisionism that will change that.. First half of the season he was our best player, and 2nd half he barely played except for Europa league where he again stepped up and performed..

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In terms of performances since he signed the new contract Aubameyang, Lacazette and Ramsey are all way more in with a shout and in terms of what they add to the team. One performance vs Leicester won't change that. I mean look at what Ramsey for example did vs Sp**s and Chelsea, does Özil really have that kind of influence in a big game in his locker anymore? Can he consistently produce like Auba? (not in terms of goals in Özil's case but assists and creating, which has gone downhill) or the big match moments like Lacazette? Like I said Özil is living off of past glories, even then most of them haven't exactly been consistent. The Leicester performance if anything has kinda summed up his time here. It was a glimpse of what he can do without really doing it all the time. There's been loads of players like that around, but never have managed to obtain the cult following that Özil has got. I don't want to revise too much because I do appreciate his initial run in 2013, his 2015 calendar years was brilliant and at the start of 16/17 too. Thanks for the memories Mesut..... you all know the rest.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
4231 would be great if Emery didn’t set up the team to get the best out of our LB who spends 90mins camping at the corner flag waiting to make a cutback with his eyes closed. We barely even play through the middle anymore.
If tactics was all about formations then you’d have a point.

RichWeath

It was always convenient sh!t built on a solid foundation cognitive dissonance. He's our leader, our talisman and our superstar on the odd occasion he played like it, but when he was tottering about having no impact, he 'wasn't that type'.

What a load of bullshit.

"leader" leader of what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom