• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: BATE Borisov v Arsenal | February 14, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Was this worse than losing to Ostersunds at home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursha

So our in and out form, even if it was still in and out when he was fit, is due to the absence of our... rightback.

Everything evolved around Hector Bellerin--am I reading that right?

Yep You indeed read it right.
Im not saying it is totally depended on him. but watch how we play from the back with him and without him...

To remind you, we went 22 games unbeaten with him ( i agree we played bad and had luck on our side, but we still didnt have performances like yesterday), he got injured, and we lost, he came back against chelsea, was MOTM imo, he was the big factor to break chelseas pressure, he got injured, and we lose and play utterly bad.

Add his positive effect to the game thats missing to the fact Mustafi now adding his negative effect ( he has no brain, and no body bails us out of pressure so hes starting to think he is prime Fabregas and go for across the field long balls) and there you have our pathetic performances.

I truley believe Bellerins injury is making us look that bad.

We do need to invest. without bellerin, it looks like we need 6-7 new first teamers.
With Bellerin, we'll need 3-4.

Bellerin absence effect other players massively and makes them look very bad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
As the final whistle blew at the Borisov Arena on Thursday night, the assembled Arsenal hierarchy watching from one of stadium’s plush executive boxes got to their feet and collectively shook their heads en masse.

It was a far cry from before kick-off when head of football Raul Sanllehi, managing director Vinai Venkatesham and Huss Fahmy had all appeared cool, calm and collected.

By full-time the smiles had long gone, however, and had been replaced by a look of frustration that wouldn’t have looked out of place on every fan in the away end at the far side of the ground.

Aside from Stan and Josh Kroenke, the most powerful men at Arsenal were all packed into that room at the Borisov Arena and even though there was a pane of glass separating them from the press box, the sense of disbelief was palpable.

Fahmy shook his head over and over again, Vekatesham slumped in his chair while an ashen-faced Sanllehi soon headed for the exit. This was not the result anyone had been expecting.

Interesting stuff from Charles Watts, hopefully this result makes it clear to those running the club that what's required to improve this team.
If those three guys didn't turn up at the office on Monday I don't think we'd lose anything.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When we beat Chelsea, I wrote Im almost as sad as im happy just because i saw how vital Bellerin was to our new tactics.

The recent games since his injury only proved that I was so damn right.

People are criticizing the mid and Matteo and playing two DM's etc.

What people are missing is that all of this is happening cause our back cant pass their way out of pressure, they cant donate anything to the attack. so teams that can press well, or sit very deep ( and mark the midfield) will always make us look bad.

When we had bellerin, he always made the right call, weather if its to dribble or to pass, made a pressure cutting passes, that sort of play freed up the midfield that had a few extra seconds on the ball, And we saw on the first half what distribution Matteo has, when hes got time and space.

Mustafi is like a contrast to Bellerin, he always makes the bad call, dribble when he should pass and pass when he should dribble\ or pass to a diff player.

People underestimate the effects of Bellerin and Mustafi, one positive and one negative.

Our problem isnt in the midfield, its in our ball playing defence.

Thing is though mate , Mustafi might be a crap defender but he passes as well as Bellerin . Bellerin doesn't pass out the back in any case he's up the field often times .

Gursha

Thing is though mate , Mustafi might be a crap defender but he passes as well as Bellerin . Bellerin doesn't pass out the back in any case he's up the field often times .

Watch the Chelsea game again and see how vital bellerin was to our play from the back.
He seemed to finally understand and have the confidence to do his role as emery intends to...

And Mustafi has a good pass in him, but The percentage his pass will hit are much lower than, say, Xhaka... and he wastes alot of time on the ball before passing which narrows the midfielders time on the ball.
The thing with him is the illusion of a good passer... but he clearly isnt... id rather sokratis/holding/kos to handle the ball.

Thing is with this tactic we need our entire back 4 to be very very comfortable with the ball. back 5 actually with the keeper as well... and we dont have anyone comfortable... maybe holding... if a centre back manages to dribble pass his pressure it breaks everything.

What we do now is passing the ball back or sideways, and slowly the pressure tightens until we hof it up top.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Watch the Chelsea game again and see how vital bellerin was to our play from the back.
He seemed to finally understand and have the confidence to do his role as emery intends to...

And Mustafi has a good pass in him, but The percentage his pass will hit are much lower than, say, Xhaka... and he wastes alot of time on the ball before passing which narrows the midfielders time on the ball.
The thing with him is the illusion of a good passer... but he clearly isnt... id rather sokratis/holding/kos to handle the ball.

Thing is with this tactic we need our entire back 4 to be very very comfortable with the ball. back 5 actually with the keeper as well... and we dont have anyone comfortable... maybe holding... if a centre back manages to dribble pass his pressure it breaks everything.

What we do now is passing the ball back or sideways, and slowly the pressure tightens until we hof it up top.

Totally agree about Bellerin's importance but we also have Monreal and Kos I think there are some serious technical issues in the team from middle to the front .

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When we beat Chelsea, I wrote Im almost as sad as im happy just because i saw how vital Bellerin was to our new tactics.

The recent games since his injury only proved that I was so damn right.

People are criticizing the mid and Matteo and playing two DM's etc.

What people are missing is that all of this is happening cause our back cant pass their way out of pressure, they cant donate anything to the attack. so teams that can press well, or sit very deep ( and mark the midfield) will always make us look bad.

When we had bellerin, he always made the right call, weather if its to dribble or to pass, made a pressure cutting passes, that sort of play freed up the midfield that had a few extra seconds on the ball, And we saw on the first half what distribution Matteo has, when hes got time and space.

Mustafi is like a contrast to Bellerin, he always makes the bad call, dribble when he should pass and pass when he should dribble\ or pass to a diff player.

People underestimate the effects of Bellerin and Mustafi, one positive and one negative.

Our problem isnt in the midfield, its in our ball playing defence.

Losing Bellerin has killed us. Absolutely killed us, he's arguably the most important player in Emery's set up. Losing Holding, was also a big blow, not only was he defending quite well, his distribution and calmness on the ball was massive for us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Losing Bellerin has killed us. Absolutely killed us, he's arguably the most important player in Emery's set up. Losing Holding, was also a big blow, not only was he defending quite well, his distribution and calmness on the ball was massive for us.
I can't help it, but.... It's happening again, isn't it? Two pretty mediocre and very injured players are absent, we get a few questionable results, and their importance to us goes up several hundred notches. Are we sure this is not the case? :lol:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I can't help it, but.... It's happening again, isn't it? Two pretty mediocre and very injured players are absent, we get a few questionable results, and their importance to us goes up several hundred notches. Are we sure this is not the case? :lol:
Agreed. Holding has proved **** all.

Bellerin is a shadow of the boy who broke through. And now he'll be worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bellerin's importance is magnified by the fact that our other RB options are a midfielder, a 35 year old and somehow in 2019 Carl Jenkinson. In reality Bellerin doesn't add much more offensively than Ainsley does while defensively has been poor in that regard for a while.

In terms of our back 4 (or 5 or whatever) we could do with 3 additions, a left-back who can defend and isn't built like a fridge, a right-back and definitely a CB to partner Sokratis for next season.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah definitely Kos' fault we couldn't master BATE.

ZERO goals ffs.
I've told you all our goal dependency on the two strikers back during Giroud days and how our midfielders lacked goals to fill in the days when the strikers aren't scoring but no one listened
and pound on the FIFA/FM solution "buy new shiny strikers" only to have the same issue all over again and yet the multi million paid football researchers can't even notice this simple stats

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We lost to Ostersund AT HOME just last year ffs.
That is true and on paper we could say GDeep is being kneejerk. But is he. I mean the level of football was just pants against Bate. I remember it being horrid against Ostersunds but we really looked like garbage on Thursday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom