• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's funny how all the Anti-Emery people are Pro-Özil :lol:
It's funny how you have to be boxed into a group on this forum.
I love Özil but I won't shy away from giving a piece of my mind after a terrible performance (When he gets a chance). I happen to like Unai as well although I am tired of this boring football we're experiencing from him of late and I'd venture so far as to say half of that is because we lack creativity.
I am no Xhaka fan but I have given praise where it was absolutely due and in recent months where this is no right to criticize I have made sure not to do so.
I have my favourites and my pet hates (Bellerin thread evident of this) for sure, I am human. Believe it or not though, there are quite a few persons on here who express genuine attempts at objectivity when talking about this club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Be honest, could you have seen Wenger going unbeaten in 20 odd games had he remained here for another thousand years?

Not sure many said any manager would improve the players, but even if they did, Laca, Auba and the new lads have all done very well. Xhaka was always a ****house anyway, but there are some weirdos that will tell you he's improved under Unai. He hasn't though, so ignore them.

We've played some fantastic games and also looked clueless, so it's not like it's been all terrible. The quality of football has been inconsistent, that's all.

Seemed to become a Wenger pattern in the latter years, bad patch and then a long unbeaten run.

The feeling was a new manager could bring the best out of Iwobi for example by giving him a defined role, improvements in Mustafi because we’ll finally have a shape and defensive system in place etc.

Lacazette has done ok, but I think that’s more down to him getting over his injuries. Would argue that we’ve seen a regression in the overall play of Auba under Emeryball.

Bellerin has thrived though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The feeling was a new manager could bring the best out of Iwobi for example by giving him a defined role, improvements in Mustafi because we’ll finally have a shape and defensive system in place etc.
Welcome back bro.

Nobody with any footballing knowledge would think that though, Mustafi wasn’t making the kind of mistakes caused by a poor setup. When we lost 3-1 to United he had ample time to either kick the ball out, hoof it forward or pass back to his keeper but he dithered and dithered until finally Lingard took the ball off him and had an easy 1 on 1 with our keeper.

It’s one of the key skills of a CB to be calm on the ball with players rushing to close you down. Mustafi panics.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Welcome back bro.

Nobody with any footballing knowledge would think that though, Mustafi wasn’t making the kind of mistakes caused by a poor setup. When we lost 3-1 to United he had ample time to either kick the ball out, hoof it forward or pass back to his keeper but he dithered and dithered until finally Lingard took the ball off him and had an easy 1 on 1 with our keeper.

It’s one of the key skills of a CB to be calm on the ball with players rushing to close you down. Mustafi panics.

A prime Fabio Capello couldn't turn Mustafi into a decent defender. The fact that Wenger tried to get rid of him after a year tells you all you need to know about him.

Jae

I have my favourites and my pet hates (Bellerin thread evident of this) for sure, I am human. Believe it or not though, there are quite a few persons on here who express genuine attempts at objectivity when talking about this club.

I know buddy and that is why you (amongst others as well) have my respect. This forum has been a bit bipolar recently though!

I agree with you. I like Özil and I like Emery. However, I just feel like Özil has had his chances to succeed here and largely hasn't, where as I don't think (some) people have given Emery the chance he deserves really.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I know buddy and that is why you (amongst others as well) have my respect. This forum has been a bit bipolar recently though!.
The feeling is mutual man. You're a top poster and I enjoy when you add to the discussion. The forum has been crazy the past few months. Proper 'days of our lives' esque, in that you could be on here a whole day and the subject jumps up and down where opinions create massive waves and shock the atmosphere and then you could miss out on the forum for a week and come back and have not missed much. Exactly like a SOAPIE
I agree with you. I like Özil and I like Emery. However, I just feel like Özil has had his chances to succeed here and largely hasn't, where as I don't think (some) people have given Emery the chance he deserves really.
I can't state this better. You've hit the nail on the head and stolen the (your own) words right from me... Özil has had his chance. Emery has barely made it out of the change room.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Emery is a brilliant manager, who has consistently performed with varying degrees of available resources. He built formidable Valencia, Seville and PSG teams, but is he building a formidable Arsenal team? It's hard to say as city have schooled us twice, Sp**s have beat us at home and Liverpool have battered us. Conversely, we beat Chelsea, were well in the home tie vs Liverpool and beat Sp**s at home as well as improving our away record. We also have one of the most feared strikers in Europe.

This Özil situation is strange and he (Emery) appears to be losing this battle the more our results suffer. Add to this strange tactical decisions which aren't paying off as much now. I'm judging his impact next season once he has fully implemented his style on players that he wants here.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Seemed to become a Wenger pattern in the latter years, bad patch and then a long unbeaten run.

Lacazette has done ok, but I think that’s more down to him getting over his injuries. Would argue that we’ve seen a regression in the overall play of Auba under Emeryball.

Bellerin has thrived though.
you were sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom