• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Whats with all the over promoting ****?

We are a big club... a multi million business. People should be doing a good job. Reward them financially but build the hierarchy with top
experience gained in the role at other clubs.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Whats with all the over promoting ****?

We are a big club... a multi million business. People should be doing a good job. Reward them financially but build the hierarchy with top
experience gained in the role at other clubs.

Most of the top Sporting Directors like Zorc and Monchi start off their career in big clubs with little or no experience...... many of them end up flopping when they switch over to another club. A Sporting Director is not a manager, "experience" means less to the role than what people realize. Morrow as longtime youth scout would know more about the attributes expected from an Arsenal player and what you need to develop the Arsenal DNA than any big name Sporting Director would.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Most of the top Sporting Directors like Zorc and Monchi start off their career in big clubs with little or no experience...... many of them end up flopping when they switch over to another club. A Sporting Director is not a manager, "experience" means less to the role than what people realize. Morrow as longtime youth scout would know more about the attributes expected from an Arsenal player and what you need to develop the Arsenal DNA than any big name Sporting Director would.

Experience seems to be lacking through out our structure right now with everyone promoted to a bigger role than before.

ChefMan21

Well if Ornstein said there's smoke then I'm sure there is fire. Emery and Raul will work with someone on the same wavelength and I don't see how that can be bad. I was disgusted by Sven leaving but Monchi replacing him would even it out.
I'm generally okay with same wavelength, but I'm definitely not okay with too much groupthink. I hope whoever is chosen has their own complementary or, ideally, better ideas for where Raul and Emery want to take the club.

say yes

forum master baiter
Three outlets (Mail, Mirror, Marca) all publishing this story at the same time implies that someone at the club has been briefing.

Here’s the mirror story as not in the above tweet: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-offer-monchi-technical-director-14038741

Interesting difference between the stories is that Marca claim that Monchi’s contract will expire on 30 June. Mirror and Mail both say that it will expire in 2020 and that we’ll pay a £1m release clause instead. John Cross published the mirror article so guessing Marca is correct.

More Emery's old pals! :drool:

Hope Emery isn't planning on waiting after Nzonzi, Suarez and Monchi to join to win the EL! :rofl:

Jokes aside : Hopefully this will be good for us!

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We need him asap because once again the summer transfer window will be very short.

I hope he's already working for our summer targets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom