• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He would have been a fine fit in the Invincibles don't ya know.
For what it's worth, I believe Monreal has the personality to have fitted in among them, albeit not as first choice LB. He's not at his best now, but when he is, he has something extra about him that the others don't. Still doesn't make him a 'legend' though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Part of the reason the invincibles were so good was because of the ability of Cole to be such a threat offensively, almost like a winger with Pires coming inside a lot but was also solid defensively. The perfect full-back.

Manberg

Predator
For some here it seems that you had to have great ability to be considered a legend.
However, Ramsey has far more talent than many former Arsenal players that are widely considered legends. So it's not about ability.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
For some here it seems that you had to have great ability to be considered a legend.
However, Ramsey has far more talent than many former Arsenal players that are widely considered legends. So it's not about ability.

Think that Ramsey was never too influent to be legend.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud, Monreal?

tenor.gif

Please close this thread. Cheers.

Ramsey is a legend for sure. 10 years without trophy and he ended it. 10 years is almost 1/8 of average life in western society. If you are not ready to count players who give you such a moment as a legend then there wont be many legends during your life time.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If legends are players who score winning goals which end trophy droughts why is no-one mentioning Ray Kennedy? Or Charlie Nicholas? Or Alan Sunderland?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Fabregas is the only legend for me. Started watching in 2007. Earlies people are not really something i've experianced. But **** it if i did not love every part of fabregas dominating the PL. I'll never forget when he was injured and came on and scored two goals and then got subbed off. absolute genious.

After fabregas though? Noone for me.

ArsenalFever

I think delegend would be a new word for the dictionary in Fabregas's case.
Any player that moves to a rival club, is not a legend of this club. He was a great servant and for sure remembered for positive reasons.

I just think that's how high the benchmark is for legendary status.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Fabregas can't be legend.He left us as a captain of club,never won big trophy with Arsenal and moved to Chelsea.He wasn't loyal enough to stay with Arsenal and become legend.

Cult hero for sure.Player who made difference in game,loved by fans,scored and assisted in some important moments and spent quite long time in the club.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I think it's a combo of how long you'e been at the club and playing ability. What you lack in one you have to make up for with more of the other, however you need at least some of both.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If legends are players who score winning goals which end trophy droughts why is no-one mentioning Ray Kennedy? Or Charlie Nicholas? Or Alan Sunderland?

Mate a lot on here now would't know who Liam Brady is . Not that I blame them with our almost non existent channel.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good discussion. Think there are different aspects to being a legend. You might be a legend in a position, or in a region but not as a whole.

The whole invincibles would be PL and AFC legend. Only two or three players after the invincibles team could be considered close.

Ramsey is a Wales legend. Will be AFC legend if he wins in the Europa.

Cech is PL and Chelski legend. Will probably be called a Goalkeeping legend but in my books he is not.

Fabregas was PL legend, but not an AFC legend. Needed to win something with us. Vieira is better than him in all aspects.

Özil was Germany legend until he quit. Will be AFC legend if he wins the Europa. Very close to being a CAM legend.

Giroud, Monreal?

tenor.gif

Please close this thread. Cheers.
McEnroe? Now he is a legend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom