• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst performing players of 18/19 after Mustafi

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Mustafi has been poor since his injury. But he was very good prior to that.

Torreira has been trash for longer than that, but nothing to see here.

Utterly disgusting.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Torreira has been trash for longer than that, but nothing to see here.
You seriously think he deserves a spot in 'the worst performers' thread though? Yes, he's had a dip in form (Like most new comers to the league experience) but you think he has been rubbish all season?

WTF is wrong with this club's fanbase.

Furious

You seriously think he deserves a spot in 'the worst performers' thread though? Yes, he's had a dip in form (Like most new comers to the league experience) but you think he has been rubbish all season?

WTF is wrong with this club's fanbase.

Read what I write.

Mustafi was decent before his injury, yet he gets labelled the the worst player of the season because he's been poor lately.

Torreira in the same fashion was good before mid december but has been poor since.

Yet only one of them gets destroyed on here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Read what I write.

Mustafi was decent before his injury, yet he gets labelled the the worst player of the season because he's been poor lately.

Torreira in the same fashion was good before mid december but has been poor since.

Mustafi was giving the ball away since the beginning of the season though...

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Lichsteiner for me as I was expecting a bare minimum and he couldn't even match that. He was much better in the last two appearances, though. Not enough. Mustafi a close second.

Others were all average to decent. Expected more from Özil and Ramsey but I have to consider the circumstances. Maitland-Niles also, but he's shoehorned out of position.
I expected also a bit more growth from Iwobi. Both him and Mkhi were okay this season but just not at the level required if we want to be a CL team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just like Torreira who cost us vs Chelsea then.
He didn't consistently do that after that though did he? New leagues come with a new set of nerves.
If it was a single error then people would give Mustafi a chance but not only does he gift the opposition the ball regularly, he then blames his team mates for it as well.
Thought he had a decent game yesterday though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Read what I write.

Fair point regarding both being poor yet one getting slated more.

However, the length of time with the club has to be factored in. Torreira has been here less than a year, Mustafi is in his third season & showing no signs of improving or eliminating the glaring deficiencies in his game.

Torreira on the other hand is showing immense promise & therefore getting more leeway from us fans.

Some will say Torreira , truth be told, has been poor for an extended term. Mustafi, however, is unanimously on everyone's list.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For me, I could only make 4 worst performers:

Mustafi - I genuinely think he's had a very poor season. It is one thing to make mistakes, but he often makes crucial, game-changing mistakes at very often worst time. Even when he is performing well. He's a defender I could never trust.

Lichsteiner - he seems to have gotten it together in the last couple of outings but this has less to do with quality and more to do with his age. He just seems so off the pace and past it beyond belief. He makes Bellerin look like Cafu 2.0.

Mhkitaryan - He's been injured for a chunk of the season but I think he's been very underwhelming this season. He's had some good games, but generally he's very flaky in terms of output - very often messes up attacking moves even when his role in the move is a simple one. Genuinely think he's more inconsistent than Özil, who is often bashed for his inconsistency.

Maitland-Niles - this choice hurts me greatly but so far it's been a season to forget. I accept that he's playing out of position which will influence his performance but his lack of focus and sloppy passing have really sullied most of his games this season. Must do better IMO.

HBL

Established Member
People have short memories. Torreira was motm on a regular basis during our unbeaten streak, had a blip over the Christmas period, possibly due to no Winter break, who knows? He has been good in recent games though, City/Chelsea in particular, our midfielders did a brilliant job in both of those matches and Torreira was very good again yesterday in the second half.

Mustafi, Lich and maybe Ramsey/AMN would be my three so far this season.

Furious

11 goals and 5 assists in 19 starts and 7 sub appearances. “Hasn’t done enough” :lol:

Giroud-esque numbers tbh.

Lucky we have Auba to score the goals otherwise Laca's numbers would be grim reading.

Overall he has 13 goals in 32 games. Which is rather poor.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lichsteiner is really the only one for me. His level is surprisingly bad... the other poor players just playing at their expected poor level.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Giroud-esque numbers tbh.

Lucky we have Auba to score the goals otherwise Laca's numbers would be grim reading.

Overall he has 13 goals in 32 games. Which is rather poor.

He’s averaging a goal every 164 minutes and Aubameyang is averaging a goal every 135 minutes (in the league). Lacazette has started 19 games at CF and scored 10. Aubameyang has started 14 games at CF and scored 7. A similar scoring rate when played down the middle.

Let’s not pretend Auba has been that much more prolific.

Last edited:
Top Bottom