• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to think that if Holding & Bellerin had stayed fit, we would be right up there challenging for the title, not just 4th. Often pundits and fans fail to take such loses into account, they just blame the manager. Keep it up Unai!

I remember when people blamed Wenger for player injuries. All manager fault back then!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Now a bum like Emery can't do no wrong apparently.
This is where I'll ask again. For the umpteenth fecking time. WHy do you put people in either one of two categories? Aren't there more?
Basically to you, either people love Emery and want to have his children, or they must hate him as you clearly do.
Some of us are simply willing to give him a chance. I'd also still argue that Chelsea have some players who would walk into our team. Not their entire squad or even first XI but quite a few would.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
This is where I'll ask again. For the umpteenth fecking time. WHy do you put people in either one of two categories? Aren't there more?
Basically to you, either people love Emery and want to have his children, or they must hate him as you clearly do.
Some of us are simply willing to give him a chance. I'd also still argue that Chelsea have some players who would walk into our team. Not their entire squad or even first XI but quite a few would.

I don't hate him. I wanted him before we were linked, and I rated the season a 7. However whenever you criticize the football or that we had a **** game you get labelled a hater and what not.

We've consistently played **** football for 3 months now. I'm not going to claim Emery is amazing, obviosuly.

I rest my case. Other than one poster nobody has claimed that. Or certainly not enough to be a running theme but here you are (@Furious) painting half the forum with the same brush.

LOL. You're just reading it wrong, Cazorlinho claimed particualar part, I know that. The other stuff I mentioned wasn't just him tho.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Sorry but you do not build consistency rotating your first XI like crazy to achieve in the league. It just doesn't happen. As I asked, who else chasing top four is using this strategy of putting in youngsters? Go on, answer it

When Wenger played too many youngsters in the Carabo cup we'd routinely be humiliated or have an extra fixture in the season because we drew to bloody Leeds or Lutton Town or some nobody (all due respect to who Leeds were once)... I'm glad Emery isn't making that mistake again.
Also, NONE of those players have impressed when coming on.
Wenger regularly blooded young players in the Carabao Cup. For every humiliation we had (I can think of two) we had at least half a dozen joyous evenings where a young team playing with no fear blew away theroretically superior opposition.

Rotation is essential, unless you happen to be Man City who have two first teams, unless you are prepared to risk your top players being injured or over-used.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Nonces were giving it in to Wenger when we had an unbeaten run against some rubbish sides.

Then after our poor form, they slated Wenger for leaving us with a poor side, and making ridiculous claims like Chelsea being better in every position and that we can't expect to fight for top 4.

It's pretty disguting how a legend was treated. Now a bum like Emery can't do no wrong apparently.

Just because somebody doesn't call Emery by clever nicknames, like Unai Emery Etxegoien, or they don't declare the man a total failure after 27 league games, doesn't mean they're saying he can do no wrong. Plenty of people fairly criticizing him here, yet are willing to give him time because there is just not enough evidence to pass judgement on him one way or the other. He's been here very little time, hasn't had the opportunity tho mold the squad to his liking and the results so far have been decent, albeit not spectacular. These are all fair arguments in favor of giving him more time. They are not arguments for claiming Emery as the savior of Arsenal football club, and very few, in my opinion, is using them as such.

You just seem to have this fixation that everyone who doesn't in every single post slam Emery, must somehow worship his ass as the sun. This is exactly what @Mark Tobias was referring to. People on the opposite extremes of the spectrum only seem to be capable of seeing the other extreme. Wise man once said, if you're not with us you're against us. Except it wasn't a wise man and that's a moronic way of looking at the world.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I remember when people blamed Wenger for player injuries. All manager fault back then!

Yes but if I recall correctly Wenger was given a lot of patience and branded unlucky with injuries from 2006 up to 2014. We had 07/08 season where we knew injuries ruined us, we had a thin squad, Arsène was unlucky.

The majority of the fanbase stopped blaming injuries when it was evident that the issues with the squad will not be properly addressed and that Wenger hss too much belief in some subpar dross to step up if the key players fall.

This is Emery's first season so he gets a bit more paience to address that and he inherited the squad Wenger left. You can't really compare the two and if my memory serves me right Wenger was given a lot of injury/no-money/young squad excuses up until the vary late years.

Last edited:

Hexagon9

Prior to his appointment I feared that an MU scenario could be in store with several managers passing through and the club deteriorating further. That might still happen of course.

There have obviously been ups and downs but given the utter chaos UE inherited in terms of poorly negotiated contracts, modest transfer funds and the lack of room to manoeuvre as a result of those contracts, I think he’s made a positive difference to the club.

AW should always be dear not only to Arsenal fans but to lovers of sport generally as he was a genuine revolutionary in terms of the game’s development and took Arsenal to a different level. However, over his final few seasons it became apparent that we couldn’t compete with the top sides either domestically or abroad. The same is still true, but we are genuinely competing for top 4, which feels like an improvement to me. UE must be given at least until the end of next season to see if the direction of travel will continue.

We had 63 points after 38 games last season. We are on 53 now , with 11 games to go. And having played all the so called big teams bar 2. Away to Sp**s and home to Utd. We are perfectly capable of winning at least one of those games. Clearly, points wise there is an improvement, performance against big teams there is a slight improvement. Emery needs time, atleast 1 more season. Asking to replace him at the end of season(hope no one is demanding that), is like ripping the band aid on a fresh injury within minutes and asking for another band aid, or something like that.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
We had 63 points after 38 games last season. We are on 53 now , with 11 games to go. And having played all the so called big teams bar 2. Away to Sp**s and home to Utd. We are perfectly capable of winning at least one of those games. Clearly, points wise there is an improvement, performance against big teams there is a slight improvement. Emery needs time, atleast 1 more season. Asking to replace him at the end of season(hope no one is demanding that), is like ripping the band aid on a fresh injury within minutes and asking for another band aid, or something like that.

We also had our worst season in 22 years last year.

You're not really praising Emery if you point out he's doing better than our worst ever season in the past two decades.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Just because somebody doesn't call Emery by clever nicknames, like Unai Emery Etxegoien, or they don't declare the man a total failure after 27 league games, doesn't mean they're saying he can do no wrong. Plenty of people fairly criticizing him here, yet are willing to give him time because there is just not enough evidence to pass judgement on him one way or the other. He's been here very little time, hasn't had the opportunity tho mold the squad to his liking and the results so far have been decent, albeit not spectacular. These are all fair arguments in favor of giving him more time. They are not arguments for claiming Emery as the savior of Arsenal football club, and very few, in my opinion, is using them as such.

You just seem to have this fixation that everyone who doesn't in every single post slam Emery, must somehow worship his ass as the sun. This is exactly what @Mark Tobias was referring to. People on the opposite extremes of the spectrum only seem to be capable of seeing the other extreme. Wise man once said, if you're not with us you're against us. Except it wasn't a wise man and that's a moronic way of looking at the world.

Yet here you are insinuating that somebody has claimed him to be a total failure. Stick your ****ty post up yours.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hard to draw point comparisons across season. The league feels pretty weak this year... bottom five are trash, Leicester / Everton / even Palace feel less dangerous & United / Chelsea / ourselves unbalanced sides in transition.

We also had our worst season in 22 years last year.

You're not really praising Emery if you point out he's doing better than our worst ever season in the past two decades.

Point taken, also i am really not praising Emery. He needs time, and despite our squad imbalance we are fighting for the top 4. For me, I will judge him on how well he does against the big boys.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think Emery is just showing us what amazing manager he is! To get more points than Wenger in first season is amazing! To do it without using the most talented player in the league just shows we have the best manager in the word!

You just outhydroed hydro. Beautiful stuff.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People didn't blame Wenger for impact injuries like Holding and Bellerin. When Giroud broke his leg at Everton and Debuchy got hurt against City, everyone agreed he was unlucky.

People rightfully blamed Wenger for his negligence in regards to things like:
-not subbing Alexis against Dinamo Zagreb even though he tweaked his hamstring, then starting him a few days later in game in which he picked up a 6 week injury
-letting Santi Cazorla play the entire 2nd half on one leg which ended up costing him the rest of the season
-appalling treatment of https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-arsenal-flamini-premier-league]Isaac Hayden

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I didn't say anything about blaming Emery or Wenger for injuries, I said Emery gets blamed for loses without people taking into account our injuries at the time. Hopefully this summer we can upgrade our back up quality for CB & RB, maybe LB too if Monreal moves on.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can't believe I nearly let @say yes convince me that there's been no improvement
And so many tough games already done!
People didn't blame Wenger for impact injuries like Holding and Bellerin. When Giroud broke his leg at Everton and Debuchy got hurt against City, everyone agreed he was unlucky.

-not subbing Alexis against Dinamo Zagreb even though he tweaked his hamstring, then starting him a few days later in game in which he picked up a 6 week injury
-letting Santi Cazorla play the entire 2nd half on one leg which ended up costing him the rest of the season
-appalling treatment of https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-arsenal-flamini-premier-league]Isaac Hayden
cazorla.

Oh god cazorla.

Poor cazorla.

I remember how angry I was that he started that CL game. If I remember correctly his stand-in, I don’t remember who, was suspended for out next PL game so it was the perfect time to rest Cazorla.

And he started him.

And he got injured so close after that.

**** me the terror we’ve had to endure these past years.

Got to disagree with rightfully blaming Wenger. The manager can't know everything, if the players tell them selves they can't play anymore then Wenger would sub them, I'm a firm believer of that. The players need to take better care of them selves. You know if the player want to play on, not even team of doctors can stop him from pretending everything is okay.

And just to clarify. I'm not one to blame any manager for injuries. I've debated this often on this forum and find it very weird when people blame managers for injuries. They are very hard to prevent even with all the sport science we have today.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom