• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Bournemouth | February 27, 2019 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wasn't at the game I watched it on TV, bit difficult for me to get from JHB to the Emirate mid-week. Which means I had the benefit of replays etc.
Can't agree. I thought Matteo was horrible, constantly gave it away in that bad spell.. Also thought both MIhki and Özil were brilliant last night. Özil could have had two goals and and two assists..
Agree with the rest though.,

Not sure what game everyone else watched but in that 15-20 minute spell where we were on the ropes with a one goal lead at 2-1 both Torreira and Guendouzi were absolutely nowhere. We had no control in midfield. The comments in this thread around half time support that. Add 3 goals and everyone completely forgets about all of it.

Luckily enough i manged to get to the game and his work rate and most of his football was really good. His a kid, His going to have inconsistant periods during games and during his early years. But he really had a good performance. Agreed Torreira and Guen didnt boss the midfield fully BUT they were both covering so much ground it was always a bit disjointed there was no holding in the midfield last night, Maybe this is one of the reasons Emery likes Iwobi so much. I would love to see a guen heat map! But they 20 minute spell you mentioned, maybe that was a TV thing as we wasnt really on the ropes, it certainly didnt feel that way in the crowd. Im guessing this was around the time Kos had to dive across to block that shot? If so, it was no more shaky then the rest of the defending all night really. It really was clear to see how easy it is to move through our team without a tackle or even some pressure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
maybe that was a TV thing as we wasnt really on the ropes, it certainly didnt feel that way in the crowd. Im guessing this was around the time Kos had to dive across to block that shot? If so, it was no more shaky then the rest of the defending all night really. It really was clear to see how easy it is to move through our team without a tackle or even some pressure.
A TV thing? Come off it mate. We were absolute garbage for a good portion of the first half after they scored. We could barely get the ball. Sure you didn't have one too many to drink before the game?
Go watch the game again. We struggled big time after they scored. Half time was OUR saviour not theirs. We came out in the second half and blew them away

No beer unfortunatly i had the car. There just wasnt that feeling in the stadium. we maybe gave up the ball more but by no means was we backs to the wall.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No beer unfortunatly i had the car. There just wasnt that feeling in the stadium. we maybe gave up the ball more but by no means was we backs to the wall.
So because you didn't FEEL that way, it didn't happen. Talk about being subjective. Sorry mate, go watch the game again. No matter how you try swing it, from the 26th minute till just before half time we were poverty. They changed to a 433 and we struggled to cope with them for a good 15 to 20 minutes.
After the break we came out swinging and we scored early. That completely rattled them and they were not in the game anymore after that. Still, for a solid 15 minutes at just 2-1, we looked nervy, couldn't pick more than a single pass and they ran at us with intent. Same period of the game where Leno was forced to make that brilliant save. They had several corners in that spell and virtually camped outside our box while we reorganised. Emery reacted and we got control again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom