• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Are you sure about that? :lol:

Completely sure. I don't consider Mustafi to be among my favourite players but he gets more stick than he deserves. As for Xhaka, you see all you who were bashing him seem to have been wrong. And. I was right. I just hate when people create scapegoats for the reasons that are not football.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Completely sure. I don't consider Mustafi to be among my favourite players but he gets more stick than he deserves. As for Xhaka, you see all you who were bashing him seem to have been wrong. And. I was right. I just hate when people create scapegoats for the reasons that are not football.
People still criticise Xhaka, I do, and he's one of the better players this season but that still doesn't change my overall opinion of him. Even if I don't rate Xhaka I can feel some improvement in his game.
If a player can't defend properly, can't pass the ball, doesn't understand football at required level and has serious mental issues than I don't know what do you expect from the fans to write about him?! We have 2 players in our squad that are playing too often but can't do the basics right, that's Lich and Mustafi. I can forgive Lich as he is at the age where you hit a decline but there shouldn't be any excuses anymore for Mustafi.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm sick of Mustafi being picked, it takes me a while to get over our players but it's got to me now, Mustafi has to go. That was shocking by Mustafi to do a simple push in the back despite Kane being offside.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I am and a proud one. But, I tend to be objective when speaking of players. Maybe it is more a cultural thing.

If you were objective you wouldn’t be trying to put some blame on Koscielny for being the right side of the player he was marking. Koscielny did everything right.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I personally think he had a very good game although played out of his position.
Not having that. :lol:

He could hardly string a pass together, his crossing was abysmal. He has no ball skills.

His tackling is frequently rash. His positioning is poor and he frequently gets the wrong side of his marker.

He has one good skill, and that’s his ability to head the ball. He jumps well and gets above people. He did that a few times yesterday and in the past sometimes scores because of it.

But his constant mistakes have cost us over and over.

Erlis

I don't blame either, Mustafi or Kosc. You should read my post properly. I don't think that was a penalty at all. I have seen players doing worst things on the pitch but the criticism wasn't as huge as it is in this case.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't blame either, Mustafi or Kosc. You should read my post properly. I don't think that was a penalty at all. I have seen players doing worst things on the pitch but the criticism wasn't as huge as it is in this case.

You don’t think it was a penalty because you’re not objective and biased towards Mustafi. It was a clear foul. The only reason it shouldn’t have stood is because it was offside.

Erlis

You don’t think it was a penalty because you’re not objective and biased towards Mustafi. It was a clear foul. The only reason it shouldn’t have stood is because it was offside.

No, it wasn't a foul at all. In my opinion Kane dived, and yes it was offside, that's what I said but did not use the right term.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Really? Maybe we should play some of the posters on here instead, then as they seem to know more than the professional people who play them.
Wenger saw the problems and tried to sell him.

Emery clearly has him well down the pecking order as CB, playing Kos and Sokratis before him, and I’m guessing Holding too when he’s fit.

God only knows why Emery played him at right back, but he’s regretting it now, he cost us the match . . . . yet again.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, until someone says something about some latino player and you accuse them of having agenda. This is where your fanism begins and ends.

I personally think he had a very good game although played out of his position. And, I don't think that was a penalty at all, but let's say it was, Kane was caught in a sandwich position between him and Kosc, so if we really have to blame someone for this penalty, which for me was not since Kane was offside then we have to blame both of the players.

First, it was obviously tongue in cheek comment, mate. Second, it's funny how you let yourself get triggered and go OTT on threads, the Xhaka one being a great example. Chill, man.

I take it that the latino part was a general comment and not aimed at me, but even if it was, lets just move on.

Third, it was a foul. Granted, this is something that most refs won't blow the whistle to, but it is a fould none the less. It was silly to come in charging with his shoulder and it's something a 26-year old and experienced defender should know he's not supposed to do inside the box, let alone against a serial diver.

Go check the previous pages, everyone always says that he had a good game until he completely blunders it up and it ends with us letting in a goal.

Xhaka managed to cut it out a lot of his game, due to being more protected from pressing by having Torreira ir Guendo next to him. Mustafi hasn't, despite having been partnered with Sokratis, Lolo and Holding.

Time and time again its the same thing, he goes to ground to easily, he royally ****s something up, throws his arms up and looks to his teammates as if it wasn't his fault.

It gets tiresome. And it has happened a lot and people are fed up.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Wasn´t THAT bad tbf. And it was never a pen anyway.

But that is the part of the problem, it wasnt even that much of a push to effect Kanes movement which raises the question of just why do it in the first place?

Things like this, in the box just arent worth the risk, just dont bother, I never understand why fouls like this happen, you are giving away a penalty for stupid pushes and pulls where nothing may even happen.

Just let it play out, if Kane rises and meets the ball he may not even score, if he does score so be it but giving away stupid penalties which when Kane is on the pitch may as well be a goal is idiotic.

Is anyone really blaming Mustafi if he doesnt push Kane and Kane wins the header anyway?

When VAR comes in next season stuff like this needs to stop!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wenger saw the problems and tried to sell him.

Emery clearly has him well down the pecking order as CB, playing Kos and Sokratis before him, and I’m guessing Holding too when he’s fit.

God only knows why Emery played him at right back, but he’s regretting it now, he cost us the match . . . . yet again.

Emery knows it, trax. As soon as Koscielny was half fit, he was in the squad again.

Sokratis-Lolo or Sokratis-Holding is the way forward for the rest of the season.

Erlis

He cost us the match? What a hyperbole. We can say the same for Auba, too. If he scored Arsenal would have won. But, that is all part of the game and you don't rush to judge a player as soon as he does some ****. Mustafi has its faults but blaming him for this game is far from the truth.

Mustafi was superb when he started at Arsenal, he fitted very well immediately, creating a very good partnership with Koscielny, you must all remember that unbeaten run and Kostafi partnership, before he got injured during 2016/17 under Wenger. He also had decent performance before the injury this season.

It is defenders that make mistakes for the goals, unfortunately that is the price they have to pay for being in that role. No glory at all for them. Attackers get less judged thou they do not score in games.

progman07

Established Member
Weird thing is I reckon he actually had a good game at RB and seems to be a better option than Lich and better defensively than Bellerin. Just has his brainfart moments that costs us.
He didn't do too much though, I remember maybe 1-2 forward runs which ended in wasted balls. He just stayed back generally, which is a logical move of course knowing Mustafi, but I'm sure Bellerin would also look better defensively, if his role was not to bomb forward, but to stay back and keep it simple.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Are you Albanian? It’s either that or you’re related.

Where have you been the last year?

Erlis is famous for being pro-Xhaka and not taking any Xhaka criticism, I respect him for it tbh. Reminds me of my Nigerian mate that won't ever criticise Iwobi.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

you don't rush to judge a player as soon as he does some ****
Nobody is judging him on this game alone. He’s done the same thing over and over ffs.

I just wish I had the time to do a video compilation of all his mistakes, it would look like a car crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom