• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
RVP retiring at the end of the season. My most favorite player ever.

Will never forgive him for his knife on the back with that public letter, but he was the best striker we've had after Henry left.

He was phenomenal since that win v. Chelsea on Dec 2010 onwards. In 2011/12 season he carried the team on his shoulders and we just made it to Top 4 in final day.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
sublime technique. Incredible player.

His hat-trick against Chelsea is still among the best I have seen .

Would be my all time Arsenal favorite if he had gone somewhere else.
Will never forgive him for his knife on the back with that public letter, but he was the best striker we've had after Henry left.

He was phenomenal since that win v. Chelsea on Dec 2010 onwards. In 2011/12 season he carried the team on his shoulders and we just made it to Top 4 in final day.
If rvp didn't suffered many injures when he was with us he could have ended up scoring 200+ goals in PL. Great striker still hate him because he left for manutd
What upsets me most apart from his ****tish behavior while leaving is he genuinely could have become one of the greats of his time. His skill, creativity, personality and mind boggling efficiency was something else. And looking nearly effortless while at it.

I miss him :(

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What upsets me most apart from his ****tish behavior while leaving is he genuinely could have become one of the greats of his time. His skill, creativity, personality and mind boggling efficiency was something else. And looking nearly effortless while at it.

I agree, he was a fantastic player and had it all to become one of the alltime great strikers. You definitely think he should be up there but something's just missing.

He was just too damn old already when he finally managed to stay fit for longer periods and it was pretty clear he wouldn't be able to perform to his best once he got well over 30 like e.g. Zlatan for physical reasons.

He's maybe had 4 and a half outstanding seasons for Arsenal and United, mostly between the age of 28 and 32 and that's it. Too often damaged before that and just too old after that. Especially the 09/10 season is a shame - he started taking off in 08/09 and then missed most of that next season. He's also never had the chance to really shine on an international stage, neither with the Netherlands nor in the Champions League and especially the latter stages which is definitely something that kind of seperates him from the alltime greats.

Also, going to the fringes of european football when joining Fener wasn't exactly the best move when leaving Utd. I mean he did do alright in Turkey, it's just that nobody had him on their radar anymore, really. Would have been much more noticed had he played in Spain or Germany.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is a narrative around Diaby that’s developed, which means you can’t praise his talent without someone accusing of over romanticising a player who’s been so affected with injuries.

So all I will say is that he was never the same after that Smith challenge. That injury destroyed him and it must’ve have been absolute torture for him not to be able to showcase his talent.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There is a narrative around Diaby that’s developed, which means you can’t praise his talent without someone accusing of over romanticising a player who’s been so affected with injuries.

So all I will say is that he was never the same after that Smith challenge. That injury destroyed him and it must’ve have been absolute torture for him not to be able to showcase his talent.
Bugger that narrative. Diaby was a class act when he got a run of games. Unfortunately that was very seldom.
My heart is broken for the man.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Speaking in an interview with RMClast night following the his announcement that he had decided to retire from professional football at the age of 32, Abou Diaby was asked about what he would say to Dan Smith, the full-back who in 2006 when playing for Sunderland is widely regarded as being at fault for kickstarting Diaby’s injury troubles with a horrible tackle.

“(Joking) Thanks for ruining my career. No I am joking. I have not come across him again and honestly I am without bad feeling towards him. I was told that he apologised, but I did not see the excuses in real time. I accept it because this is sport at the highest level, and things like this can happen, sometimes the game can be violent. I suffered this violence then. I accept it like that and I do not hold on to hate. This is my life, my story, it is just like that.”

Latest posts+

Top Bottom