• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2019

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@American_Gooner

Found out recently that Jonas Boldt was implicated in the whole football leaks and is now longer the DoF at Leverkusen.

Saw that coming from a mile off, quite clear that he wasn't of sound mind, considering that he was willing to hire a woman as a scout.
:rofl:

Do they still do favoured personnel in FM? Hope he wasn't in any of your players'.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
that's the romance of FM.

Still don't know what Torquay is, but I would like to visit it someday. I played with them for almost 5 real life years.
Torquay and that part of England is beautiful. That coastline all the way down to Cornwall is the best example of England you could wish to see. Proper fresh produce, good people and you wouldn't get ripped off.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Torquay and that part of England is beautiful. That coastline all the way down to Cornwall is the best example of England you could wish to see. Proper fresh produce, good people and you wouldn't get ripped off.

Most annoying accent though.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lovely!

I plan to visit once at least in my life.

BobP

Memri Fan
9 games into a save with Hamburg, still undefeated.

Got rid of much of the overpaid dross, most of whom didn't really fit my style:

Aaron Hunt - 3.5M
Pierre-Michel Lasogga - 100K (was on massive wages)
Matti Steinmann - 1.2M
Lewis Holtby - 7M

Also sent Christoph Moritz, who'll be sold, down to the reserves.

Was a tad worried about doing so at first since most of the above players were team leaders but there appears to have been little fallout. The only players to complain were Gotoku Sakai and
Kyriakos Papadopoulos and even they didn't cause too much trouble, both dropped the matter after I said that I'd promote young players.

I promoted 4 players from the academy:

Stephan Ambrosius - CB
Tobias Knost - RB
Jonas David - CM
Manuel Wintzheimer - ST

I bought:

Yann Aurel Bisseck - 2.8M
Szymon Zurkowski - 3.8M
Sergio Cordova - Loan

Starting 11 is as follows:

Pollersbeck
Vagnoman-Ambrosius-van Drongelen-Douglas
Cordova-Zurkowski-David-Ito
Arp-Hee-chan

Squad has an average age of 21.75.

Sakai and Papadopoulos are next on the chopping block.

BobP

Memri Fan
Whatever you do, don't ever entertain the thought of buying Nikolas Nartey on FM 19.

Guy is the biggest **** known to man.

Bought him in August and he's asked for a transfer in October. Literally all I did was fine him for getting sent off in his first game back after serving a suspension. Perfectly reasonable.

The worst thing is, the game didn't even give me the option to say "your stupid ass has been fined because you've gotten yourself sent off in two of the three games you've started so far".

BobP

Memri Fan
My attempt to emulate Favre's Dortmund:

51497640_2263457327244150_5351535328194723840_n.png

51692426_291720128160115_4674672014470938624_n.png

51523141_2498953133479416_196392864282836992_n.png

51691376_241779616765260_733300034396749824_n.png

1. You can swap the player roles around in each line except for the double pivot. For example, I normally use Alcacer as an AF, you might think playing with a SS and AF is a bit too much but my best results have come with that combination. I might also play with two W's instead of a W and a IF, depending on my use of Guerreiro, injuries, and form. I also swap the FB roles depending on the players I select. I've refrained from using PI's although I have considered doing something which makes the FB's a bit more reserved when going forward

2. Defending is all about vertical and horizontal compactness. I had stay on feet switched on but it made us too easy to play through so I left it to the players judgement. I'm also thinking I should push the defensive line up one notch but I'm not too sure.

3. The tactic was working fine [e.g. beat Barcelona 3-1 at Camp Nou], until I lost Reus to injury. I haven't really figured out what to do without him. Gotze and Philipp are so so. I've tried the 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of Witsel-Delaney-Dahoud. The roles of the former two are as they are above but I'm not quite sure what to do about Dahoud. I've tried him as an AP with mixed results.

4. The only thing missing is a wing oriented pressing trap.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's me or this virsion of fm your team can too many goals from outside of box?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Picked up fm19 earlier today. Gotta do all the logo and face packs in a min :bounce: Started the game up and see you can create your own manager model using a photo - gotta say how weird it looks :lol:

I'll use the editor to add three players to the Arsenal squad (cheating I know) with one of them being Mbappe. Not sure on the other two - probably a CB and midfielder (pogba maybe).

New Arsenal manager looks familiar

42951eb16510a1e68eabf711214ca51b.png

Marvellous

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fallen off the wagon and back on FM again after quite a few years. Forgot how addictive this game is FFS.

Used the create-a-club feature starting from League 2. Currently starting my 2nd season in League 1. Love the new features since last time I played, made the game even more engaging - but there's a few things that annoy me. The players are always moaning about the training, the determination levels keep falling and the opposition keeps scoring worldies from well outside the box (in fairness, my own players have scored a few.

Have a pretty decent midfield of Jack Roles and Charlie Colkett, with Liam Coyle behind them. Callum Hulme and George Williams on the wing with Charlie Brown up front. Decided on a 4-3-3 with an inverted midfield 3 and wingers.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
They need to fix the transfers been saying it for while. In my save man city spent 60M on Diaz from Benfica and Bruno Fernandes from sporting in f**king winter transfer window and end up playing them for few games.

Also I bought lozano and Pavon for combined 45M pounds. Lovely stuff but not realistic was spurprised psv accepted my 22M bid

BobP

Memri Fan
They need to fix the transfers been saying it for while. In my save man city spent 60M on Diaz from Benfica and Bruno Fernandes from sporting in f**king winter transfer window and end up playing them for few games.

Also I bought lozano and Pavon for combined 45M pounds. Lovely stuff but not realistic was spurprised psv accepted my 22M bid

Got Real Madrid to pay 20M for Besic back on FM 15.

:lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
Reus is ****ing killing me.

Have dropped 6 points in the league because of his wayward penalties.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Do you guys tried start new save unployed? I tried in fm18 its more fun start with small club then moving to better clubs.

Just started a new save

Oblak
Bellerin - Koscielny - Godin - Chilwell
Torreira - De Jong
Mbappé - Ramsey - Ronaldo
Messi

Lovely stuff!

Top Bottom