• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,485

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJJ

Established Member
I am dissapointed, and especially the last goal hurt alot.

But just to keep some things in perspective, if we can beat Bournemouth 5-1 at home we can also do it against Rennes. Lets not lose our heads, we're still in this. (Especially as we have an away goal)

What really annoys me is the overall ref decisions against us lately.
It stole an immense victory from us during the weekend and that very questionable 2nd yellow killed the game plan today.

We deserve some decisions going our way this weekend, we honestly do.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One of our worst games for a long time. I've seen plenty of teams playing with ten men, and they don't get ripped apart down the wings. But we'll still go through, we'll beat them 4-0 at the Emirates.
That's pretty unlikely the way Aubameyang is playing. Rennes have good players who can play on the counter. Very very difficult now

TheEconomist

Established Member
Our performance was spot on until Sokratis took the most stupid 2 yellow cards ever they didn't even threat cech

If Cech hadn't kicked the ball straight to their player Sokratis wouldn't have been in that position. Are you trying to claim we were extreme unlucky to keep making these errors? I would say it's because we were ****.

What about our performance after the red card ? Was that unlucky too ?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our subs were quite mystifying tbh. Our most offensive player ended up being RB while Ramsey was having to cover for our left-back and our backup left back was our furthest player forward. Bizarre stuff.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Mkhi playing out of position has had more sense than most of our players. Wtf are they venturing so far out for?

During their most intense phase it was mind boggling that the CMs (Guendouzi, Xhaka, Torreira) ventured that far into the opposition half when we had the ball and went after the ballcarrier so aggressively and far out of their line when defending. That ripped the centre apart and allowed Rennes to combine rather easily in half spaces. It's absolutely in the realm that all of them lost their heads and acted on their own - and it certainly happened -, but as manager you also got to see that and tell them to sit tight and soak up the pressure for 15 minutes until Rennes loose steam. There's certainly the players and the manager to blame.

emilursin

We apparantly have «Mr Europa League» managing the team, does look like he has any controll over the players What so ever, they never looked confident coming back out after the break, makes you Wonder what emery said during half time and why he seems to strugle to inspire ang ignite the players,,

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Amazing that Sokratis and Monreal can go from being so good at the weekend to this disasterclass
The funny thing is, during the last game at one instance I saw Monreal on the ball on the Spuds end and thought to myself "he is about to be past it". It was his body language that seemed like his mind was forcing his body to overexert. He was incredible though and it was a testament of him as a competitor and professional. But I think we need a new starting quality LB coming in.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Most of the first half was fine. Monreal had that wing sown up and the pundits were praising him.

No point in blaming the other players. Sokratis and Mustafi brought down the team like a pack of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom