• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,500

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

That way would make more sense, but you have to give him credit for wanting to show he's trying. He started Özil tonight as well. Have a heart ffs :p
I do, I've been impressed with is willingness to speak English ever since his first press conference. Just think he could go easier on himself and speak Spanish on occasion.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Seriously, it’s not easy for a guy whose knocking on 50 to learn a new language. He’s not saying ‘Do you know the way to the station’ ffs, he’s discussing the intricacies of a football match on TV.
That's what I've been saying...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And people say we have a decent schedule with Leicester, Everton, Watford and Wolves away.

After losing away to the number 10 of France.

We might be ****ed.

But luckily United have another fixture in the CL. That's good for us :lol: :lol: :lol:
If ours own players decide to be f**k things up after we were in total control then yes we f**ked

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ll score a couple, concede a couple I think.

Everything with Emery seems hard work. Scoring 3 against a decent team looks a mountain.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I would rather he just speak in Spanish and actually get the point he's trying to get across to everyone. I admire him for trying to speak in English but his English just isn't good enough yet to give proper responses to the questions . I'm happy to just read a translation If I need to

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Emery sacrificed both our wide options by taking off Iwobi and putting Mikhi at RB. When you’re a man light you need outlets to relieve pressure.

But when the opposition start battering you and go into game of the season mode, you'll need outlets later again, but first you got to try and contain them, soak up the pressure and let them loose their steam. Then you go again.

One of Mkhi/Iwobi had to go down, but I think not for a CM but for a RB. Because thinking about it again, instead of trying to get the centre tight with another CM, a RB and then a tight 441 to get each of the fullbacks a winger to help them defensively against Rennes' obvious tactic of exploiting the wings and congesting the pitch there could have been a good option.
If you don't concede then for 15 minutes and force them to play a static game around a tightened defence instead of letting them run at you and move around you, Rennes loose their esteem. And then you hit them on the counter and you could have probably even made more use of Auba on the break.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This has been the story all year, but if Özil's not getting at least two goal involvements a game he's called out for being useless.

Missing the point.

These Özil arguments are just annoying. People bemoaning his lack of application off the ball vs arguments about through balls.

It’s like having a flatmate who doesn’t do any cleaning pointing out that they assemble all the new furniture.

Unless you’re getting Messi numbers, there are basics that everyone must do.

blaze_of_glory

Missing the point.

These Özil arguments are just annoying. People bemoaning his lack of application off the ball vs arguments about through balls.

It’s like having a flatmate who doesn’t do any cleaning pointing out that they assemble all the new furniture.

Unless you’re getting Messi numbers, there are basics that everyone must do.
You're missing the point. He does those basics and more, and better than almost everyone else. THAT was my point.

These arguments are annoying though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
And people say we have a decent schedule with Leicester, Everton, Watford and Wolves away.
Leicester, Everton and Watford will have nothing to play for by then. Wolves have dropped off after winning at Wembley in December.
But luckily United have another fixture in the CL. That's good for us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Considering the fact that United dropped points in 4 of the 6 league games following CL group games, it's true.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I wonder who thinks we’re better off without Bellerin now?

I don't know if anyone thinks we're better off without Bellerin with AMN, Lichtsteiner and recently Jenkinson, Mustafi and now even Mkhi as the alternatives. But that doesn't mean it's Bellerin or bust down the line.

I also underestimated the role of the fullbacks for this team, but that doesn't mean Bellerin should be glorified just 'cause he's the only solid RB at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom