• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Definitely. He is not a modern greek. More akin to the greeks of the 1st century and earlier. Warriors who love a fight.

We missed a trick not signing him before Dortmund several years ago. Dare I say it, with him in that back 4 we actually might've won the title in either 2014 or 2016.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We missed a trick not signing him before Dortmund several years ago. Dare I say it, with him in that back 4 we actually might've won the title in either 2014 or 2016.
Possibly. I hate to dwindle on the what ifs though. Important thing is we have somebody to build around for a couple of years.
Having said that we have a glaring hole anytime Mustafi is involved and it takes away from the unit as a whole. Hope this is sorted soon.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Possibly. I hate to dwindle on the what ifs though. Important thing is we have somebody to build around for a couple of years.
Having said that we have a glaring hole anytime Mustafi is involved and it takes away from the unit as a whole. Hope this is sorted soon.

Going into match I'm confident until the lineup reveals Mustafi is playing, that moment my confidence takes a sudden downturn & our win possibility is reduced to 50% at best.

If he starts against United, in spite of all their mounting injuries, they will win as he certainly is going to do something imbecilic at some point during the game.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Going into match I'm confident until the lineup reveals Mustafi is playing, that moment my confidence takes a sudden downturn & our win possibility is reduced to 50% at best.

If he starts against United, in spite of all their mounting injuries, they will win as he certainly is going to do something imbecilic at some point during the game.
It isn't even always necessarily his imbecilic moment which gifts the opposition a goal. Sometimes it is just the fact that he has killed our momentum. It is a feeling that overcomes the team at points in the match.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

It isn't even always necessarily his imbecilic moment which gifts the opposition a goal. Sometimes it is just the fact that he has killed our momentum. It is a feeling that overcomes the team at points in the match.

Which is why getting in a quality CB is crucial going into next season.

Though impossible to be acquire if we're being honest, imagine the sight of De Ligt at the centre of our defense. Not only the rest of the back 4 but the entire team would be buoyed by his presence.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Awful performance. He is one of the senior players and supposed to keep it cool. I like him and he is a good player. Sometimes really good. But he leaves you with the feeling we could do better. Specially when looking at Koscielny's resurgence the difference in quality despite the decline is very apparent.

That said, I'm not really concerned about him and comfortable with his overall conduct so far. He is a positive in our chaotic defending this season but he needs to keep his **** together at times.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He had it coming and should have known better to be careful.
The ref was trigger happy and was giving way to a lot of 50/50s in their favour.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He celebrates tackles tho, so it's ok. He's always came across as a bit rash tbh, and the way he gets really tight and always starts wrestling with his opponent has worried me for some time. He was very foolish tonight.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Awful performance. He is one of the senior players and supposed to keep it cool. I like him and he is a good player. Sometimes really good. But he leaves you with the feeling we could do better. Specially when looking at Koscielny's resurgence the difference in quality despite the decline is very apparent.

That said, I'm not really concerned about him and comfortable with his overall conduct so far. He is a positive in our chaotic defending this season but he needs to keep his **** together at times.
He's aggressive, likes to get close and loves a tangle. Keown was the same. Some refs are ****s though. It takes a decent ref or they fall foul. He could be a bit more aware to what type of bag of sh1t is reffing, but I wouldn't change him.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I don't see how anyone can think that second yellow is his fault. They get arms entangled and the guy dives.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's been our best player all season, I'm not going to blame him for a 2nd yellow that should never have been given. What concerns me more is that we had no CB on the bench to step in. We could have shifted Mustafi to CB but I can understand Emery not wanting to bring on AMN, so even more reason to have a CB on the bench, even if it means promoting Medley, that has to be better than having Suarez on the bench when you know you wont play him.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Killed the game.

I like him but he looks like he's about to fall asleep at any second.

If only Van Dijk was playing for Arsenal. Some people on here were right about him, i.e Ragip Xh... aka @BBF (where is he by the way, still banned? has he killed someone?), I thought Liverpool paid big money for him but he showed to have been worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom