• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Killed the game.

I like him but he looks like he's about to fall asleep at any second.

If only Van Dijk was playing for Arsenal. Some people on here were right about him, i.e Ragip Xh... aka @BBF (where is he by the way, still banned? has he killed someone?), I thought Liverpool paid big money for him but he showed to have been worth

The crazy thing about Van Dijk is that he went to Southampton for £12 million in the summer that we only signed Cech and no one else. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him sometime around that period too. If only we'd taken the gamble.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Something like this was eventually going to happen with the way he plays, but in the long run his style will benefit us more than it will hinder us. Just look at someone like Ramos, clearly a ****house and has a terrible disciplinary record but at the end of the day you want him in the team because he's your best defender.

That being said he got shafted yesterday. Don't understand why VAR didn't get involved

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He's aggressive, likes to get close and loves a tangle. Keown was the same. Some refs are ****s though. It takes a decent ref or they fall foul. He could be a bit more aware to what type of bag of sh1t is reffing, but I wouldn't change him.
Yeah, I'm cool with how he is and his approach most of the time but I think he needs to be a bit more aware and calm to be able to take better decisions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Said this guy was rash early in the season. In the first Sp**s match his challenge caused the Dier goal. He’s done quite a number of challenges where he jumps in without thinking or grabs hold of people.

He’s actually quite a good footballer, much better than Mustafi, but he’s a hot head. Whether at 30 Emery can calm him down, I would doubt.

The problem we have is that Xhaka, Mustafi and Sokratis are tarred with the same brush. And if you have 3 like that in the same team, there’s a chance one of them will give a free kick around the box, goal away, a penalty or get sent off.

And sometimes it all comes at once, against Rennes, Xhaka could have been sent off and was lucky, Sokratis was sent off and Mustafi gave away two free kicks on the edge of the box.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Was bound to have a bad game att some point. Still very Good so far for me.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, I'm cool with how he is and his approach most of the time but I think he needs to be a bit more aware and calm to be able to take better decisions.
Yeah, he’s has to be cuter. I think he backs himself to hoodwink refs with his sly grabs and pulls. It won’t work all the time, although he was unlucky last night.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The crazy thing about Van Dijk is that he went to Southampton for £12 million in the summer that we only signed Cech and no one else. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him sometime around that period too. If only we'd taken the gamble.
I wanted him back then. Was sick when he signed for soton and knew he’d go fir much more later. Sick.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Something like this was eventually going to happen with the way he plays, but in the long run his style will benefit us more than it will hinder us. Just look at someone like Ramos, clearly a ****house and has a terrible disciplinary record but at the end of the day you want him in the team because he's your best defender.

That being said he got shafted yesterday. Don't understand why VAR didn't get involved
Because it's Arsenal. And until the manager starts calling out things like this, it will continue.

OSBK

Established Member

We turned van dijk down. We had a chance to sign him before southampton got him and was deemed too nonchalant.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Arsène Wenger was never gonna buy a player from Scotland though let's be honest, we rarely even bought from England let alone Scotland. Most top teams wouldn't have gone for him for that same reason too, he needed a stepping stone team before the big team jump.

Fallout

imo he's built up enough goodwill to excuse this incident. he does play on the edge but 9/10 times it serves us well. the ramos comparison is very astute. personally think he's been our best defender this season but gets undermined a lot by idiots like mustafi.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The new Mertesacker. Not the flashiest player, but he's the glue holding our defence together.

Kos finally got a partner that brings the best out of him, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom