• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 8 games...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's an international break.

Yes but also no games this next weekend due to the FA Cup.

Also how many of our key players will even be playing. Apart from Sokratis and Mkhitaryan playing Kolasinac in two qualifiers.

Torreira has two glorified friendlies in the China cup, the rest of the lads probably won’t play major minutes, Wales have a friendly fixture as one game.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Looks like after Rennes we’re not going to be playing again in March. Massive chance to rest up the boys for our end of season run in.

Sp**s and especially Utd are going to be f*cked with extra games in the CL and FA Cup. I wouldn’t want any of the others’ fixture lists above ours right now.

Said this the other night - Man Utd winning in Paris was a good result for us as they now have extra games that none of us thought they would have. They are going to have to rotate more (they already have injuries) and seem to drop points in the following fixture after CL games.

Sp**s also will be playing in their new stadium - hopefully they have the same sort of start we did when moving to the Emirates.

Jae

Our away form concerns me, we have big games against Wolves, Everton, Leicester and Watford. We need a minimum of 17 points from our last 8 games to guarantee top 4 IMO.

5-2-1 will see us do it (W-D-L).

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think that even 2 draws in away games can do job at the end.Ofc,Utd and Chelsea will lose some points in that game and maybe in one more.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We probably have the easiest run in compared to our rivals considering we've played all our matches against the top 6, but some of the away fixtures will be tough. We'll probably drop some points there.

Am somewhat conflicted on whether being in the Europa may hurt our domestic form, but as for now, I am hoping we get past Rennes since it would be nice to have a safety net in case things don't go to plan in the league.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The opposition fans are seemingly comfortable with our "dreadful away form" and thus dismiss us as a non factor despite our win tonight.

The next 3-4 games in the PL is crucial for us, we need to get the maximum and drive the point home. Unai Emery may be flawed, but he is a superior coach to Potchettino, Sarri and Ole.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Should be targeting the Watford and Burnley games for away wins. Leicester under Brenda is an unknown entity right now.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Only complacency will stop you from getting Top 4 at this point.

Will be a tough fight for Top 4 from our pov, Ole's done the best he could given the position he was in but ultimately our fixtures just look way too difficult to get in Top 4.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Spuds -

Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
City (A)
Palace (H)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (H)

United -

Watford (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Chelsea (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)

Chelsea -

Everton (A)
Cardiff (A)
West Ham (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
United (A)
Watford (H)
Leicester (A)

Thanks @Özil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Looking at Sp**s fixtures, bar the two tough away games against Pool and City, they have 5 home games which are winnable on paper. I will not discount Sp**s just yet.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Looks like Chelsea have (marginally) the most difficult run-in. Spuds have two away defeats almost guaranteed and they will be in serious danger of dropping points around their European games.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Looking at the fixtures, United and Chelsea seem to have the hardest ones. Sp**s bar their away games should win all their 5 home games which gives them 76 points.

It's going to be difficult.

balthazar

Poor Everton lol, has to play all 4 teams. Hopefully they can take points of the others.

Spuds -

Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
City (A)
Palace (H)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (H)

United -

Watford (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Chelsea (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)

Chelsea -

Everton (A)
Cardiff (A)
West Ham (H)
Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
United (A)
Watford (H)
Leicester (A)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Looking at the fixtures, United and Chelsea seem to have the hardest ones. Sp**s bar their away games should win all their 5 home games which gives them 76 points.

It's going to be difficult.

With their move to new stadium, they should have problems so Palace and West Ham, are not going to be easy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wolves (a)- 1 pt
Newcastle (h)- 3 pt
Everton (a) - 3 pt
Watford (a) - 1 pt
Palace (h) - 3 ptn
Leicester (a) - 3 ptn
Brighton (h) - 3 ptn
Burnely (a) - 3 ptn

20/24 pts = 80 pts and I recon 3rd position. As predicted before the season started.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Assessing the tricky away games via TGG;

Didn’t we beat Everton away last season despite not being able to buy an away win?

I wouldn’t rely on Everton for favours. They played their heart and souls out against Pool and could only manage a 0-0 draw. If we turn up we should be them.

Wolves away will be tricky- but they’re a tad more adventurous at home so we’ll have more chances. A key to winning here will be having both Kos and Sok available. Jiminez is a crafty striker, he can bamboozle Mustafi. Wolves will have likely sealed EL qualification- so they might fancy a game off.

Watford away, The Deeney Derby, they also won’t have much to play for and they love a 4-4-2. Get Özil in the team and let him pick up pockets of space. We’ll get early goals similar to how we did against Bournemouth at home before they changed their shape.

Leicester haven’t looked convincing all season. Rodgers is a good appointment IMO, but he’s not ready for us yet. We’ll win.

Burnley... we seem to scape it last minute against them every season. One wonders if our time might be up this season? They’re not exactly a quality side and realistically we should win. However I feel this time they might finally claim the point that keeps escaping them.

If the above all goes remotely close to how I predict we’ll finish 3rd.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I wouldn’t rely on Everton for favours. They played their heart and souls out against Pool and could only manage a 0-0 draw. If we turn up we should be them.
I think they might give Chelsea a game this weekend, but after the international break a malaise might set in once they realise there's nothing to play for. However, their fans think they have some rivalry with United so they will definitely turn up for that game. Even if they don't win, they should push United hard enough to wear them out before they play City a few days later and then Chelsea a few days after that.

Agree with the rest, Wolves is a worry but I think Leicester should be alright. Their counter attacking approach would've been tough under Puel but Rodgers' possession style should give us a more favourable game. Burnley could be safe by the last game of the season, their run-in is difficult but they have some winnable games against Leiecster and Cardiff at home, plus they might be able to scrape a point at Bournemouth and possibly even frustrate Chelsea at the Bridge.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom